Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleeding bad after sex

Bleeding bad after sex

Hi
    I also sort of spotted after sex on and off over time.... my last smear was a year ago all my smears have been clear ....been to a gyno and had a scan on my ovary ect...that was clear but that was over a year ago...
    Well I just had sex with my boyfriend a week after I just started my pill back up and I was on top sorry tmi but I have bleed really bad afterwards like proper red blood.. as if it's my period.... I had an extroption In the past which I no can cause bleeding after sex but that never really caused me any problems and I dont no wether I have it now or not....I'm freaking out its cancer or something please advise please

Re: Bleeding bad after sex

Anyone please I'm freaking out

We do have loads of posts about this so scroll down and look at similar threads or do a search and read them for advice and outcomes.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

If theres lots of threads then people must be able to reply

Not necessarily, the threads might be older. I appreciate that this is frightening for you, but I'm not sure what help I can offer as I know the pill can play a huge role in these things and I haven't been on it in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefull4567 View Post
    If theres lots of threads then people must be able to reply
    Not necessarily. Have a read of them anyway

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

That's what I mean theres loads of threads but noones commenting

That's what I mean theres loads of threads but noones commenting
    People don’t always have the emotional capacity to comment on all threads. The point was made that there are other threads with the same issues you’ve been having in which the points discussed would be the same for you.

How long did the bleeding last? Was the sex rough? When was your last withdrawal bleed from the pill? How long have you been taking the birth control?

As it goes, bleeding after sex can occur for a multitude of reasons. The majority of which are completely benign, especially when considering hormonal birth control we are however not Drs.

If you fill a super tampon/nighttime pad in an hour, or feel unwell and have a fever with it, consult a medical professional as an emergency. Other than that it might be worth having a chat with a doctor when you can get an appointment to discuss any concerns you have.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Hi
    I also sort of spotted after sex on and off over time.... my last smear was a year ago all my smears have been clear ....been to a gyno and had a scan on my ovary ect...that was clear but that was over a year ago...
    Well I just had sex with my boyfriend a week after I just started my pill back up and I was on top sorry tmi but I have bleed really bad afterwards like proper red blood.. as if it's my period.... I had an extroption In the past which I no can cause bleeding after sex but that never really caused me any problems and I dont no wether I have it now or not....I'm freaking out its cancer or something please advise please
    This sent my health anxiety spiralling last year. I had painless bleeding during sex. I would just find it on the sheets. Red blood. The last episode was maybe the size of an orange or alittle bigger) sorry to be graphic but I thought better to be descriptive to give u an idea of what I'm talking about) I later started having some pain and pressure and just knew I had cancer. What I had was bacterial vaginosis that the doctor said could cause all of the symptoms I had described. I never had the foul odor or fever that sometimes comes along with it. I took flagyl, and had a series of other tests bc I had been so long without them. My uterus was alittle thick so they did a biopsy. All normal . My symptoms went away after antibiotics (and test results ). I was almost convinced I was dying and ended up being an easy fix so try to keep that in mind!

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by whome; 29-04-20 at 19:28.

Thankyou so much whome.... for your reply this had reassured me slightly.. I had a clear smear last march with no HPV.. I did miss a pill a day before this happened I was on top and it was quite rough but there was quite alot of blood ....
    Had sex twice since and nothing so I'm guessing it was where I was on top and pressing on my cervix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information