Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi all

hi all

hi all will keep it brief i am mandy i am 25yrs old and have recently suffered a relapse in my postnatal depression and i am also suffering with anxiety went to the doctor recently who put me back on prozac have just stopped taking it last may. i think the worst part of this illness has been the constant pain in my chest and palpitations which have left me constantly thinking i was about to have a heart attack i look forward to chatting to you all and making friends
    love and best wishes
    mandy

hi Mandy,

Welcome to the site!!

I often experience chest pain and I agree that it is a very unpleasant symptom. It can be very scary but knowing that you have nothingto worry about is the key to it going away.

Everyone here is very friendly and helpful so I'm sure you will receive loads of support.

Sarah

hi mandy, welcome to the site, I am sure you will find all the help you need here, good luck Vernon

Hi Mandy

Welcome to the site.
    Ilike you used to suffer with chest pain when my anxiety was acute, still get it occassionally which brings on panic!
    I used to carry a bottle of fizzy water eith me everywhere which made me burp and alleviated the pains!
    You will get lots of help and support here

Take care

Elaine x

hi welcome im sure you will find the site very useful

fan x

Hi Mandy,

Its nice to have you join us. I'm quite new as well.

Hi Mandy

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

hi mandy

I'm a newbie here as well, have only just joined and it's already lifted my spirits.

Just knowing that you're not alone makes you feel so much better.

Good luck

katie x

put things in perspective, take a balanced view, when u start to count your troubles, count your blessings too.

Hi Mandy

Welcome to the site

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

HI Mandy,

This is one of the most common sets of symptoms. Its a viscious circle initially between you geting anxious which sets off adrenalin which changes the speed of your heart beat naturaly, then you get anxious about it which does it more.

It will not harm you, it is a natural process that happens to everyone every day and the chest pain is just teh chest muscles tightening so do some exercise and stretching to relieve this and then carry on with whatever you were doing in your day. Do not stop any activities or outings.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information