Thread: OCD with other anxiety problems?

OCD with other anxiety problems?

Hi,
    Just wondered if anyone has ocd with other anxiety problems, like agoraphobia or social phobia?
    When i first became anxious 8 years ago i was textbook agoraphobic, i started to go out after about 6months and seemed to be recovering.
    Now i have been diagnosed with ocd but still have some remaining agoraphobia, such as fear in crowds & queues etc......
    I also seem to be pretty bad in social situations, constantly analysing things i have said wondering if people will think im strange. I dont really feel like i fit in with people, like im differant.
    Does anyone else have symptoms from various states of anxiety?
    Also, has anybodys anxiety changed over the years, like from agoraphobia into ocd?
    Thanks for any replies.
    Sarah

Re: OCD with other anxiety problems?

Hi, snap, seems we are suffering similar stuff. I too was getting over agrophobia but have had a set back with panic attacks, i am getting intrusive thoughts but not sure whether it is ocd or anxiety. They are like i am gonna lose control how is the ocd now affecting you? I too feel awkard now socially been out.

Re: OCD with other anxiety problems?

HI,
    The ocd started with thoughts of going mad or losing control and i started to get intrusive thoughts like 'what if i did something strange or dangerous?'. Obviously i didn't want to do this so it made me really anxious.
    I have been very stressed lately and the ocd has got much worse. I now have obsessions about chemicals, gas leaks, cleanliness, insects....the list goes on.
    My cbt therapist told me she had diagnosed ocd because i had intrusions that upset me, worried to a large extent about certain issues and behaved differantly because of the fears.
    Do you do anything differently in order to stop the intrusions coming true? i think thats the main thing with an ocd diagnosis.
    Hope this helps.
    Sarah

Thread Information