Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zoloft withdrawal

zoloft withdrawal

Hi

I've been on zoloft for 9 weeks at 50mg and don't feel any better so am going to wean off them - has anyone else done this and when dosage did you reduce to over what timeframe pl? Has anyone gone down the non-meds route and how have you got on???

thanks
    John

Re: zoloft withdrawal

Hi

I was on 150mg for 5 months.

Weaned off them really quickly, 100mg one day and then 50mg the next. Then took nothing for 2 days and started my new meds!

My Doc said that Zoloft doesnt have side effects when you come off them!

Hope that helps.- Liz xx

I was on Zoloft for 7 years, alternating between 50mg to 150mg. I had to come off them cold turkey due to a medical condition. I was fine. In fact, have felt better since coming off of them. I have not taken anything for 8 years now.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Lisa xx

Zoloft is Sertraline right?

I'm afraid I don't know much about withdrawal, but just wanted to say please go through your GP if you're going to come off them!

Good luck, I hope it all goes well xx

Dying-Swan, yes Zoloft is Sertraline.

I agree, do please go see your GP if you are coming off of them. I only came off of them on medical advice.

Lisa x

Well, no easy withdrawal for me - I;ve been admitted to psychiatric ward as I feel so bad - nausea, depersonalization, bad aches, ringing in ears/balance problems, insomnia.

The Consultant advises this is 'normal'(!) and takes approx 2 weeks to get better.. 1 hr is too much of this let alone 14 days. Has everyone else withdrawn with no problem apart from me!!? They want me to 'wash out' completely and see what happens - I'm so scared I can't put it into words.

take care all.
    JB
    Last edited by jb2112; 25-10-07 at 19:02.

I've been taking Sertraline for 5 years now and I have an ongoing battle with my doctor's surgery who insist on seeing me each time I need a new prescription instead of giving me a repeat. I am a really busy person so sometimes I neglect to get my doctor's appointment in time and end up with no meds to see me through until I can see the Dcotor (silly of me, I know). I've been without sertraline now for 5 or 6 days and the withdrawal is awful. I have palpatations, irritibility, dizziness, extreme tiredness, my body feels heavy, my eyes can hardly focus, my balance is messed up and when I walk I feel like half my body is a second behind the rest of me. I know it's my fault for not getting my appointment sorted in time but I just wanted to share my experience with everyone...and reassure jb2112 that he's not the only one who has experiencing nasty withdrawal symptoms from this medication.

On a positive note...I have had mostly good experiences with Sertraline and it has been absolutely fantastic for my anxiety and my depression.

Hiya- all medications like this have a withdrawal syndrome.unfortunately i have lost my job over mine as mine was horrifically sever. im 11 months off baclofen and still have not recovered from withdrawals due to my ignorant doc. be careful.x

hi jb
    no you are not alone i am withdrawing also.
    the aches stiff muscles head aches, bad bad stomache, needing the toilet all the time. dont worry you will be ok, take care and be strong, ive done this on my own with 4 kids to look after, if i can do it you can.
    today is the first day ive smiled in over 2 weeks, i actualy got some propper sleep lastnight.
    i wish you all the best in your recovery and hope all goes well after xtafflassx

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie67 View Post
    Hi

I was on 150mg for 5 months.

Weaned off them really quickly, 100mg one day and then 50mg the next. Then took nothing for 2 days and started my new meds!

My Doc said that Zoloft doesnt have side effects when you come off them!

Hope that helps.- Liz xx
    Hi Liz, I am amazed that your doctor has said that Sertraline has no withdrawal side effects!!!!!!! He/She has obviously never had to suffer withdrawal from an SSRI. Having been on this site and also reading many other articles regarding Sertraline withdrawal and also suffering horrendously even though I stopped this drug 4 weeks ago, I am appalled that a doctor with medical training can dismiss any withdrawal this way!!!!! I am a qualified pharmacist and can say that ALL SSRI's carry a great risk of withdrawal effects that can be very debilitating indeed. If you ever need to know about medication use/withdrawal/side effects etc. please speak to a pharmacist as they are trained specifically to give you that advice and they also have many other references and drug information departments that they can contact in order to provide any information you request.
    Some patients suffer no withdrawal problems at all. They are very lucky!!!
    I hope this helps you and others. Take care and keep well, Jo x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information