Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: “Period Flu”

“Period Flu”

Hello all! I have a question for the ladies in this forum. I am 24 years old. I have a one and a half year old son. Throughout my life my period has always been the same pretty much. I would be out for the count day one with cramps but then I would have no other symptoms. No PMS or anything like that. Ever since I had my son my period has completely changed. Every month I get a “period flu”. I PMS for About a week before I actually start. I am hungry, moody, I get headaches and very tired. When I start my period I am having almost flu like sickness. I am fatigued, achey, hot and sweaty (no fever) and I am getting headaches. I all around just feel like crap. Has anyone had their period symptoms change after having kids? Is the “period flu” a real thing? Thank you

Re: “Period Flu”

Your period changes over the years, and with the birth of children....actually it even changes as you age even if you don’t have children. And the PMS and period symptoms change too. I don’t have any kids, and as I’ve gotten older, I now have period flu with migraines.

This sounds a lot like what I have. I have had two children and for the last 2 years have had sore throats,temperature spikes, headaches, lethargy, emotional, dizzy, achy I have even developed a cough sometimes, eat far too.much and generally feel.drained also have horrendous breast pain. Mine comes on about a week or so before and lasts all through. I thought it was all in my head. 😁

Nope...and sometimes I've even gotten a bit depressed and emotional right after my period, versus before.

Hi guys can I ask a quick question does tour period affect your core body temperature xx u know make it almost like a fever my temp is really high along with the other symptoms I explained. Feeling rough and scared

Yes. Usually women are very warm when they’re menstruating.

Thankyou for your reply xxx can I just ask this is before my period and my core temperature is 38.4 I have a headache sore throat, general.aches and pains

I work with about 200 people a day, half of them women obviously, and that’s pretty normal. All the ladies usually feel like crap during that time.

Is your temperature always that high just before your period? If so, I guess that's just one of those things and nothing to worry about.

If it's new, you probably just have a bit of a cold or maybe some mild flu? You should start to feel better in a few days 🙂 But speak to your doctor if you have a temperature like that for over two weeks.

Ordinarily, a woman's temperature is highest after she's ovulated, and then begins to drop again once she starts her period.

The hot body temp you feel at ovulation is the spike of progesterone. When you start your period, your estrogen drops, and for many women, the body tries to compensate for those temperature fluxes with sweating and heat flushes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information