Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: “Period Flu”

Re: “Period Flu”

I’ve had period flu for the past few years and I constantly have to google to reassure myself it’s not just me. Literally could’ve written that post myself. Every month I get tired and headaches, sometimes achey and hot and sweaty although no actually temperature. I also get the period ibs thing, like going all the time but that’s related to hormonal changes too. My migraines are triggered by pms too. Oh it’s wonderful to be female 😂
    I also have terrible breakouts on my period, it’s just a pain in general.

To sum up, it’s kinda normal for things to fluctuate and you’re definitely not alone

Yes. My period knocks me out now. I'm 37, so my hormones are also probably more wacky at this point than yours, but my period changed a lot after I had my daughter 6 years ago. Like, Antsy, I also get depressed/anxious after my period even more so than before, which never happened when I was younger.

I get depressed, flu like symptoms to the point I am sick to my tummy, body aches, higher body temp, faster heart rate, I am 47 and in perimenpause

I had to look at this thread again, as I am now on day two and am freaking as I got sick to my stomach to where I threw up, chills, low back pain, was feeling hot now I am sitting here bundled up in a sweater and slippers, feeling tired and mild tummy pain, I know it's my period but my anxiety keeps wondering if it's something else.

I don't have any kids so I can't speak on that front, but your period can certainly change over the years even without kids. I am also 24 and when I was a teen I had no PMS symptoms at all, just got cramps for most of my periods and maybe a spot or two on my face and that was it. When I hit my 20s, I suddenly started getting noticeable PMS symptoms. I mean they can vary from month to month but now I suffer from depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, bloatedness, mood swings, breast swelling and pain and loss of interest in things before my period. Then the cramps start when the bleeding starts and the other symptoms go.
    I have read periods ca change drastically after children - its a major change for the body after all. i would recommend speaking to a health advisor to get some advice on how to manage your symptoms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information