Thread: Very Dark Stool

Very Dark Stool

Hello. I have been suffering from anxiety. I have IBS-C and also suffering from on and off anal fissure for 2 years now. This afternoon around 2PM, I baked dark chocolate cupcakes. I ate total of 3. The first one was at 2:30 pm and the last one was at 5:30 pm. I biked 4 miles after and around 9PM I had a BM, it was very soft. The first part was yellowish brown normal in color but the last part was also very soft to almost liquidy. And it is very dark in low light. I cant seem to say if it is Very dark brown or black. It is not jet black though. Can dark chocolate cause this? And it hasnt been 24 hours since I ate the cupcakes. I jsut froze when I saw my poop. Help.

Re: Very Dark Stool

Yep anything with concentrated cocoa will do it, likewise red wine, liquorice, prunes and mushrooms to name a few ... no worries you will return to normal soon
    Last edited by WiseMonkey; 30-04-20 at 11:30.

Thanks. I was just wondering the transit time is so fast. I just ate them mid afternoon and my poo was black by 9 PM. I thought transit time should be around 12 to 24 hours at least. Been having probs with my anal fissure lately but it is just very small amount of fresh blood in the TP.

My poo today looks normal. So yes, I guess it was the dark chocolate cupcake that caused the dark poo. The funny thing is, I saw bits of the red bell pepper I ate yesterday lunchtime which is 2 hours before I ate the cupcakes. Why did the cupcake go out first?

Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousRN View Post
    Thanks. I was just wondering the transit time is so fast. I just ate them mid afternoon and my poo was black by 9 PM. I thought transit time should be around 12 to 24 hours at least. Been having probs with my anal fissure lately but it is just very small amount of fresh blood in the TP.
    Transit time can vary from person to person, depending on how rapid your digestive process is, sometimes mine can be just a few hours!

Thread Information