Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got referred to an oncologist... Left supraclavicular lymph node

Re: Got referred to an oncologist... Left supraclavicular lymph node

Quote Originally Posted by Mostu View Post
    Thought I'll update. So I actually got diagnosed with thyroid cancer after a FNA biopsy. Sick of people telling me that I wished it upon myself over all those years of health anxiety.
    I'm so sorry to hear that and even more sorry that people are saying terrible things to you. I wish people could better understand health anxiety. I'm glad that you were proactive in getting yourself checked. I think one of the biggest struggle of the health anxious person is questioning our own instincts when it comes to health - is this real or is it in my head? - especially after years of people dismissing concerns as anxiety. There is a balance and it seems like you really did strike it here by taking a clear and measured course of diagnosis. I'm sorry about your diagnosis, which must be scary! But, like you said earlier, thyroid cancer is very treatable and I hope you can have things taken care of quickly!

Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear that and even more sorry that people are saying terrible things to you. I wish people could better understand health anxiety. I'm glad that you were proactive in getting yourself checked. I think one of the biggest struggle of the health anxious person is questioning our own instincts when it comes to health - is this real or is it in my head? - especially after years of people dismissing concerns as anxiety. There is a balance and it seems like you really did strike it here by taking a clear and measured course of diagnosis. I'm sorry about your diagnosis, which must be scary! But, like you said earlier, thyroid cancer is very treatable and I hope you can have things taken care of quickly!

Keep us posted!

I’m really sorry about your diagnosis. What Erin has written is so true. I am wishing you well & sending best wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry about the horrible comments, Mostu and I wish you well for your surgery. I've had thyroid surgery and recovery is quick.

It’s so scary when someone posts something like this and doesn’t come back. I also have a lump in front of my neck. Please reply and let us know how you’re doing if you can.

Oh sorry should've updated. Got diagnosed with thyroid cancer in June and then I had my thyroid removed in September. Piece of cake honestly. Now I'm waiting for a radioactive iodine treatment.

Glad you’re feeling better and on the mend!

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. It's so crazy how a lymph node turned out to be thyroid related. Thank you so much for updating and letting us know you're okay, and wish you continued strength.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information