Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got referred to an oncologist... Left supraclavicular lymph node

Re: Got referred to an oncologist... Left supraclavicular lymph node

I gave it more thought and I'm much calmer now. The doctor is the head of the oncological ward, if he suspected something sinister he surely wouldn't tell me to wait for a whole month. He reassured me that it's either nothing or a very treatable lymphoma and that makes me happy, however I still can't shake the fear that something will happen to the node during the month, like it'll get hard as stone or something. Guess it's just the nature of health anxiety ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I logged on just to ask how your appointment went. Sounds like you got some reassurance and it is very likely benign! Yay!

So it's been a month. Tomorrow is my neck ultrasound and I'll be talking about the results with my oncologist right after. The lymph node is still there unfortunately, but it didn't change in size and consistency as far as I can tell. I'm really anxious now. There's two possibilities tomorrow:
    1) the ultrasound shows that the lymph node is reactive/benign and I can finally shake all that anxiety off
    2) the ultrasound shows that the lymph node is abnormal and I'm scheduled for a biopsy

I really hope it's the former, because I don't think I'll be able to deal with the stress of knowing that I have cancer, but I need to wait for a biopsy, and then for results. It'll be too much for me to handle.

Hey! I hope your ultrasound goes well. I have a supraclavicular node on my left side I can feel. I had an ultrasound in feb but it’s not the only node I have, lots in my neck (submandibular and submental and cervical nodes) I can feel them all, I was told they are reactive. I also have some under my armpit roughly 1cm maybe just over but apparently normal too. These have been with me since December. I was doing okay with my anxiety although still having it looked at again but two weeks ago I found the same supraclavicular node in my 18 month old son. I’m terrified, I’m 24 but he’s 18 months old I’m trying to tell myself it’s nothing but what kind of coincidence is that.. he is nursed as well so I’m thinking all terrible things. He has an appointment tomorrow. I hope you scan goes well

Well good news and bad news. The good news are that I have the same thing as you - multiple, reactive lymph nodes scattered around my neck. The one I was worried about wasn't even described as supraclavicular, but rather lower cervical, measured 11x4mm and is fine. The bad news is... she found a suspicious nodule on my thyroid with microcalficications - worrisome for malignancy. I'm not particularly worried because it has a high cure rate, but I wish I was given an all clear :(

So glads the nodes are fine! I wouldn't worry at all about the thyroid nodule. IF it's something, those are super slow and easy to cure. Depending on the size, they may not even do anything yet. I have several nodules on my thyroid with similar characteristics, but they are so small, they can't even biopsy them, so they just watch. Once a year I go for an ultrasound to see if they have changed at all.

Oh bless you, they found two nodules on my thyroid too. But level 2 so the endocrinologist decided it’s not worth investigating. I think they are so common and also it can still be nothing! Fingers crossed for you! I’m still having my nodes investigated because they are so bloody uncomfortable :(

Thought I'll update. So I actually got diagnosed with thyroid cancer after a FNA biopsy. Sick of people telling me that I wished it upon myself over all those years of health anxiety.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I'm so sorry Mostu. How are you feeling at the moment?

It's awful that people are telling you that you wished it upon yourself. Obviously, nothing you did caused this. Anybody who's telling you that sounds toxic and I hope you don't listen to them.

I really hope your treatment goes well and that you have people around you who love you and support you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information