Thread: PMDD support friend

Question PMDD support friend

hi everyone im suffering with pmdd.
    its not nice i am having a day of huge mood swings and being very nasty and very bad rage and argumentivative and crying ,i believe my husband doesnt really love me even thou we get on so well and our both happy as far as i know,my husband is also a good man and the only person ive loved ive been with him since i was 19 .im not like this i dont like upsetting my husband. please dont judge me i have asked for doctors help numerous times, one doctor said it was in my head another gave me a mini pill which i believe has helped a little. i cant cope with the guilt of being so nasty and im dreading my period it usually all stops as soon as i see my period which i know sounds odd. im looking for somebody who understands who i can talk too and maybe help them too. im 35 i dont drink im a book worm and was looking for somebody to message during hell week but id help support you too. any advice on pmdd help the symptoms would be great.

some background info
    i thought the pill would help doctor says no because of migraines and too fat and too old so the treatment plan is on hold until i can lose weight and see if that helps with her deciding. currently taking cerrell mini pill i think it helps but every few months is hell!!
    i have quitepine a mood stabiliser and a thyroid hypothyrodism condition.

Re: PMDD support friend

Hi there, I’m sorry you’re going thru this. I also suffer from PMDD. I don’t have an official diagnostic but it all made sense when I learned about this condition, a little over an years ago. I don’t have any advice to give, other than every time you get it just think that it’s a hormonal fluctuation that your body is going thru and you’ll be back to your normal self after your period. I started taking birth control pills a few months ago to treat endometriosis and I can tell that my mood swings got much much worse. It’s like having PMDD 24/7.
    I was reading that another way to treat this is to take SSRI for a week or 2 every month, before you get your period. Maybe you should discuss with your doctor more.
    You’re not alone in this. Hugs & feel free to contact me if you wish

Thread Information