Page 524 of 717 FirstFirst ... 24424474514522523524525526534574624 ... LastLast
Results 5,231 to 5,240 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Many will misinterpret the article. One must look at the big picture. The vaccines are at the least 85% effective and at most 95% effective in preventing illness, even with the variant. Take the lower number for example. 85% - basically saying 15 out of 100 has the chance of getting sick. The actual number that get it is less than that.

What the article is saying is that vaccinated individuals who get the virus are just as contagious as non vaxxed. That makes sense. If you're sick, you're sick and can spread the virus. Where the article is spot on is in how contagious the Delta variant really is. Vaxxed or not, if you get it, you're going to spread it. Add to that the 100's of thousands that get very mild symptoms or are asymptomatic and here we are. But then again, we've known that for some time now.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I think the general consensus right now is (according to the 'experts') that daily cases are likely to 'bobble' up and down over the coming days/weeks, but it still all remains very much in limbo, and in the lap of the gods as to how things might or might not pan out, but hopefully things won't be anywhere near as dire as they were back in January.

Like I keep saying, only time will tell.
    ZOE going down in their estimations from 60-58k. I can't help wondering what Spector is seeing?

From the app has increased to 806k but it's not much.

Remains to be seen in the increase on the dashboard is a blip or an upward trend.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    ZOE going down in their estimations from 60-58k. I can't help wondering what Spector is seeing?

From the app has increased to 806k but it's not much.

Remains to be seen in the increase on the dashboard is a blip or an upward trend.
    Well today's dashboard cases have resumed the downward trend (29k vs 31k yesterday) and the ZOE case figures are now also starting to show signs of declining (58k today).

Also, deaths have dropped a bit today.

Well B&M have clearly declared the pandemic well and truly over. About 20% of staff masked, likewise the customers. No social distancing, no kind of order at all. However Dunelm are quite the opposite. A doorman controlling the number of customers, hand sanitiser pointed to by said doorman, all staff masked. But then B&M is for 'rough' people so it figures.

I often go in B&M, it's across the road from where I work. I must say I was really surprised at how quickly they dispensed with everything. I still wear my mask when I go in though.

Well today's dashboard cases have resumed the downward trend (29k vs 31k yesterday) and the ZOE case figures are now also starting to show signs of declining (58k today).

Also, deaths have dropped a bit today.
    Yes, and hospital numbers have dropped for two days.

But a lot of areas are showing an increase today. May just be a blip...of what the Spector of Doom prophesied.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Well B&M have clearly declared the pandemic well and truly over. About 20% of staff masked, likewise the customers. No social distancing, no kind of order at all. However Dunelm are quite the opposite. A doorman controlling the number of customers, hand sanitiser pointed to by said doorman, all staff masked. But then B&M is for 'rough' people so it figures.
    Oy mate, I go in there. Do you want a fight?!!!

They dumped it all here. There was one member of staff in a mask, ironically working at the cigs & alcohol counter which always has a protective screen anyway. Otherwise no masked staff. They were also sluggish to respond to guidelines when it began. My brother said he wasn't surprised as he used to work in their warehouses.

On the bright side for we rough people Home Bargains have made no changes.

Yes, and hospital numbers have dropped for two days.

But a lot of areas are showing an increase today. May just be a blip...of what the Spector of Doom prophesied.
    My area is now mostly darker blue on the dashboard map wheras a week ago it was still mostly lighter purple.

Perhaps some of the areas showing an increase right now are the ones that were lesser hit previously, as many of the previously hardest hit areas now so far appear to be past their peak.

BTW, me and my dad have both had colds over the past few days, and I tested negative for Covid yesterday with a LFT kit we got from our local pharmacy the other day, whose instructions I followed thoroughly, so possibly just a coincidence.

Having said that, a friend of our family we briefly met last weekend tested positive for Covid on Monday (26th July) despite having been double-jabbed, and he has reportedly had similar symptoms to us over the past few days, though he said he believes that he is now over the worst of it, and so far hasn't needed to be hospitalised.

And he is 70+.

Spector of Doom? LOL!!

My area is now mostly darker blue on the dashboard map wheras a week ago it was still mostly lighter purple.

Perhaps some of the areas showing an increase right now are the ones that were lesser hit previously, as many of the previously hardest hit areas now so far appear to be past their peak.

BTW, me and my dad have both had colds over the past few days, and I tested negative for Covid yesterday with a LFT kit we got from our local pharmacy the other day, whose instructions I followed thoroughly, so possibly just a coincidence.

Having said that, a friend of our family we briefly met last weekend tested positive for Covid on Monday (26th July) despite having been double-jabbed, and he has reportedly had similar symptoms to us over the past few days, though he said he believes that he is now over the worst of it, and so far hasn't needed to be hospitalised.

And he is 70+.

Spector of Doom? LOL!!
    Proof the vaccine works! I'm glad your family friend has had it mildly. That is a good reminder to us all to trust the scientists.

On the rise I mentioned, it's a lot of places. Some have been hit hard before. I'm not sure there is a pattern other than them being towns & cities. Some are bigger increases than others. But this pattern isn't uncommon as there have been a few lower days, an increase, then back to lower days showing a continual downward trend as even the blip days get lower. I wouldn't care much about it other than because of what Spector has said. I'm interested to see if he's right but I'm hoping he's wrong.

Proof the vaccine works! I'm glad your family friend has had it mildly. That is a good reminder to us all to trust the scientists.

On the rise I mentioned, it's a lot of places. Some have been hit hard before. I'm not sure there is a pattern other than them being towns & cities. Some are bigger increases than others. But this pattern isn't uncommon as there have been a few lower days, an increase, then back to lower days showing a continual downward trend as even the blip days get lower. I wouldn't care much about it other than because of what Spector has said. I'm interested to see if he's right but I'm hoping he's wrong.
    Both Spector and Dr JC believe that daily cases might have been underrecorded for various reasons in spite of last week's sudden decline in dashboard cases, as ZOE's figures continued their upward trend (though perhaps more slowly than before) but have since over the past few days, started to decline.

At face value, it all does seem a bit out of kilter, but at least for now, I feel that I can forgive Spector since he's explained the situation a bit better, also explained similarly by Dr JC.

Even in long-running Covid hotspot Bolton, cases are now starting to decline once again, plus my borough's recent spike was thankfully only shortlived.

Page 524 of 717 FirstFirst ... 24424474514522523524525526534574624 ... LastLast

Thread Information