Page 116 of 717 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216616 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Now, for stats watchers, this might be good news (see, I can do optimism too )

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53695477

Levelling isn't good enough; the only way is down of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Now, for stats watchers, this might be good news (see, I can do optimism too )

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53695477

Levelling isn't good enough; the only way is down of course.
    In perspective, infections levelling off is still far better than infections skyrocketing, as they were back in March and early April, and still hovering below 1k today (871).

I don't wish to tempt fate in any way by saying this but so far the daily confirmed CV deaths have remained in double figures all this week, even Tuesday's count, which normally sees a big increase due to the typical weekend lag, was in double figures (89) for the first time since March.

Just came across this article about hearing problems and Covid. According to said publication, some people can have hearing problems as their only symptom. Over Christmas 2019 and into the new year I had intermittent hearing problems in my right ear. In fact I still do occasionally. Have I had CV and not known? Am I fitting the symptom to CV or the other way round? Has the world lost the plot?
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele.../#4bd594e11902

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    In perspective, infections levelling off is still far better than infections skyrocketing, as they were back in March and early April, and still hovering below 1k today (871).

I don't wish to tempt fate in any way by saying this but so far the daily confirmed CV deaths have remained in double figures all this week, even Tuesday's count, which normally sees a big increase due to the typical weekend lag, was in double figures (89) for the first time since March.
    The BBC chart showing a steady climb is concerning. It's very shallow but you can look at the dates below and remember lockdown measures of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Just came across this article about hearing problems and Covid. According to said publication, some people can have hearing problems as their only symptom. Over Christmas 2019 and into the new year I had intermittent hearing problems in my right ear. In fact I still do occasionally. Have I had CV and not known? Am I fitting the symptom to CV or the other way round? Has the world lost the plot?
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele.../#4bd594e11902
    There must be many articles floating around on the internet linking a whole variety of symptoms to Covid...if you search hard enough. Would you feel better if you definitely knew you had had Covid, Fishman? Not that I think you have..

Has anyone else noticed - not just on this forum - how many people seem to want to believe they've had Covid-19? I've never known anything like it before.

Has anyone else noticed - not just on this forum - how many people seem to want to believe they've had Covid-19? I've never known anything like it before.
    You’ve clearly never spent time on the health anxiety board in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    The BBC chart showing a steady climb is concerning. It's very shallow but you can look at the dates below and remember lockdown measures of the time.
    I'm not denying it in any way, but it's interesting that so far it hasn't manifested in significantly increased rates of deaths and hospitalisations, particularly in Scotland who have ironically had some flare-ups in places over the past 2-3 weeks, but up until yesterday there hasn't been a single recorded CV-related death since 17th July, though of course, I don't wish to tempt fate by saying that.

I think those people just want answers, and inadvertently, reassurance that their own personal danger may have passed, and also no longer pose a danger to others, especially given the unknowns earlier on in the pandemic.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Oh KKK, really? If you want your dictionary back you only have to ask. Look, no emoji again and I see you've dropped yours too. Mr Pain has started a trend.
    I will dig out an old copy of "Literacy for Dummies" and "Gardening for Beginners" for you, old carp.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 116 of 717 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216616 ... LastLast

Thread Information