Page 561 of 717 FirstFirst ... 61461511551559560561562563571611661 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,610 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

It has been suggested to me that the real problem is that we actually have a shortage of GPs. Certainly a lot at my practice took early retirement at the first opportunity and most, if not all of their replacements have come from abroad. Of course, a certain world-wide event put paid to that.

British students just don't seem to want to go through the many years of university and training any more.

GPs don't need to analyse test results anymore as it's all done for them by the labs. NICE guidelines tell them how to treat patients and what tests to offer. Questionnaires are taking the place of clinical analysis.

I got a text this morning re getting the 3rd jab. Not sure if I should book it or wait to get it through work. Might email Occupational Health this morning.

It was mentioned on the BBC website today that it's possible that after this winter season, Covid may end up being nothing more than a common cold for most people, which sounds rather encouraging.

Hopefully over the worst of the pandemic by spring 2022, though of course only time will tell.

I just read the comments on a BBC article. Lots of crap on there. People blaming the unvacinnated. For real? They think a vaccine stops you spreading it to your grandma.

Great way Government to pass the blame. Great way for people to police people. Great way for people to express their Utopia's.

I read one comment that said "The unvaccinated should be charged to use the NHS". Great suggestion, the non vaccinated should also be ruled tax exempt. And by those rules the same should apply to smokers, people of an "unhealthy" weight, and those who choose to drink. Drivers should also pay an excessive premium for contributing to pollution. Right? (That was all sarcasm).

This is why I dislike people.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I just read the comments on a BBC article. Lots of crap on there...........

Agreed WIC, though I didn't dare read the comments on said article for the exact reasons that they are almost always full of venom from know-it-alls who seem to think that they're always right and everyone else is always wrong.

But it's not just on the BBC website, comment sections and forums on other sites can be just as full of venom and bile.

I suppose pre-Internet such debates and arguments over issues generally would have manifested in punch-ups in pubs, clubs, etc, of which the media don't seem to make such a big deal of nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I just read the comments on a BBC article. Lots of crap on there. People blaming the unvacinnated. For real? They think a vaccine stops you spreading it to your grandma.

Great way Government to pass the blame. Great way for people to police people. Great way for people to express their Utopia's.

I read one comment that said "The unvaccinated should be charged to use the NHS". Great suggestion, the non vaccinated should also be ruled tax exempt. And by those rules the same should apply to smokers, people of an "unhealthy" weight, and those who choose to drink. Drivers should also pay an excessive premium for contributing to pollution. Right? (That was all sarcasm).

You missed out everyone who takes part in injury inducing sports or recreational activities, James

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Agreed WIC, though I didn't dare read the comments on said article for the exact reasons that they are almost always full of venom from know-it-alls who seem to think that they're always right and everyone else is always wrong.

But it's not just on the BBC website, comment sections and forums on other sites can be just as full of venom and bile.

I suppose pre-Internet such debates and arguments over issues generally would have manifested in punch-ups in pubs, clubs, etc, of which the media don't seem to make such a big deal of nowadays.
    Much less so, Lenco. It's easy being an online hard man. People are more careful when the consequences can mean physical violence.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Much less so, Lenco. It's easy being an online hard man. People are more careful when the consequences can mean physical violence.
    I guess that's one of the reasons why violence tends to be more organised and specifically targeted nowadays rather than randomly occurring spontaneously on the spot at the heat of the moment, though that's mostly for another thread.

Today's first jab rate is at its highest since 4th September.

Overall dashboard cases are down a little today, but not really statistically significant. The ONS case stats are also down this week.

The BBC website has now dropped its exposed 'Coronavirus explained' subsection and replaced it with a new exposed subsection entitled 'Energy crisis explained'

As if all of a sudden Covid is of lesser importance to them and now overshadowed by the so-called Energy Crisis!
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 24-09-21 at 16:59.

Page 561 of 717 FirstFirst ... 61461511551559560561562563571611661 ... LastLast

Thread Information