Page 181 of 717 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281681 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Have you wondered why up to 50% of the people who catch the virus have no symptoms; there as to be a reason. There are three main reasons. First: they get a very low viral load. Second: they have co-immunity, through getting lots of colds; which is a Coronavirus, and lastly, they have a good immune system. It’s estimated that up to 70% of the words population have a deficient immune system, mainly because of low vitamin D levels. I got a terrible fungal infection last year due to my immune system not working due to very low levels of vitamin D. I got rid of the fungal infection with antifungal medication and started to take large doses of vitamin D to get it up to a level that would protect me – 40ng/ml (100 nmol/l). It must be working because I’m 72, with lot’s of underlying ailments, yet I had a random NHS antibody test a month ago which proved positive, which means I’ve caught the virus at some time yet I never knew about it because I had no symptoms!.

Glad to hear you're recovering you grumpy git!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Just a bit of an update here if people are interested.

My symptoms have almost completely subsided and I’m now just itching to get back out into the world. My isolation period is due to end on Monday as that’ll be ten days after my symptoms started.

I spent an hour on the phone to the NHS track and trace service last night and I think I’ve managed to nail down all of my recent contacts and get them into isolation so hopefully I haven’t caused too much of a chain reaction.

For anyone who’s scared of this virus, please do continue to take it seriously as I can promise you, it’s easily the worst illness I’ve ever had and whilst I’m no longer suffering from a high temperature or headache, I still feel as if I’ve went 12 rounds with Tyson Fury. But, I’ll be fine, I’ll recover and I’ll be over it completely in a few days.

Keep your distance, wash your hands and wear a face covering when required. Above all, stay safe. And thank you all for your good wishes, despite me being a grumpy git I do have feelings. 
    Good to hear Gary! Please make sure you see your GP when this is all over and make sure there’s no lasting damage anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Good to hear Gary! Please make sure you see your GP when this is all over and make sure there’s no lasting damage anywhere.
    I will, although I’m quite certain the virus never got into my lungs as I had not one hint of a cough. I did have a severe tightness in my chest for a day or two but to me it felt more muscular than anything else, which would coincide with the other pains I had in my legs, arms etc.

Not an enjoyable experience I can assure you.

No, I bet. It put my healthy 30 yr old cousin out for 4 weeks. That’s how long it took him to get his energy back.

Glad to hear you’re on the road to recovery Gary! Grumpy or not, we like having you around here

My symptoms have almost completely subsided and I’m now just itching to get back out into the world. My isolation period is due to end on Monday as that’ll be ten days after my symptoms started.

I spent an hour on the phone to the NHS track and trace service last night and I think I’ve managed to nail down all of my recent contacts and get them into isolation so hopefully I haven’t caused too much of a chain reaction.

For anyone who’s scared of this virus, please do continue to take it seriously as I can promise you, it’s easily the worst illness I’ve ever had and whilst I’m no longer suffering from a high temperature or headache, I still feel as if I’ve went 12 rounds with Tyson Fury. But, I’ll be fine, I’ll recover and I’ll be over it completely in a few days.

Keep your distance, wash your hands and wear a face covering when required. Above all, stay safe. And thank you all for your good wishes, despite me being a grumpy git I do have feelings. 😂
    Really nice to hear you're now mostly on the mend, Gary.

Despite a lot of the ongoing negative Covid news in general, the line showing the UK-wide 14-day trend on the BBC website's daily Covid tracker page of daily cases appears to have stabilised, even though such stats aren't always accurate.

My county of Staffordshire as a whole is now being upped to Tier 2, in line with much of the rest of the West Mids region. My dad was saying yesterday there were rumours circulating across social media that our local borough was on the brink of a lockdown, but those rumours were a slight exaggeration as it's simply extra restrictions and NOT a full lockdown, plus it's county-wide (and also mostly region-wide).

I really hate all this false information doing the rounds ATM. It's as if some people just revel in being know-it-alls, and in pursuit of their fifteen minutes of fame!

Thanks for all the well wishes guys, very much appreciated. I had a really rough night last night but today my symptoms have eased off a little. I’m bed bound at the moment and feeling quite breathless when I get up to walk around but the headaches and fever seem to have calmed down a little.

As if that weren’t bad enough, I tried eating some bacon this morning and couldn’t taste a thing. I mean seriously, I knew this virus was bad but when it’s robbing you of the pleasure of tasting bacon it’s basically just taking the p*ss now isn’t it?
    Damn, so it was the vegans all along then!

Glad you're feeling better.

Keep your distance, wash your hands and wear a face covering when required. Above all, stay safe. And thank you all for your good wishes, despite me being a grumpy git I do have feelings. 
    That's great to hear Gary!!

Pleased to see you're on the mend, Gary

Page 181 of 717 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281681 ... LastLast

Thread Information