Page 264 of 717 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

I am such a philistine, Fishman..I must immerse myself deeply in some Bieber this evening and try to educate myself. Maybe chanting Bieber may protect me from Covid whilst I await the blessed vaccine..

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    LOL wobblehead, you've given me a chuckle so thank you. Don't apologise for asking another question, you sound just like me.

Anyway yes I suppose it does sound like a soap opera. I buy Mrs F her unhealthy food. If I didn't buy it, she would go on and on and on until I did. I remember a few years back, and the fact it sticks in my memory says a lot. Anyway one early evening, we had just had dinner and Mrs F asked for an orange from the kitchen. So I suggested she fetch it herself. Imagine that. So she does, but she was making sarcastic remarks until midnight. So I figured it would have been much easier to have got the orange myself. This is abuse of a kind, codependency.

However I console myself that at least I stay fit with all the back and forth. She does have these medical conditions, but she never pushes back against them. Its like 'oh I've got this, so I can't do anything'. Spicy food makes her crohns disease worse, so I suggest eating something bland like white rice. But she says she can't eat rice on its own. I'm enabling her I know, maybe I'll cook her something healthy and see what happens.

The "I can't do anything" mentality is so wrong but you know this as she does..but she can get away with it because she has you to fetch and carry for her.

I know I shouldn't keep ruminating on the daily case stats but I was having a conversation with my dad over teatime yesterday evening telling him I'm really miffed about cases suddenly soaring both yesterday and the previous Friday, despite yesterday's still being quite a bit lower than last Friday's cases, and he said that in his personal opinion, the day-to-day stats don't really tell us that much in the grand scheme of things and it's better to do weekly comparisons where the underlying trend seems to be down for new cases.

He also mentioned about the deaths still being artificially inflated on occasions as the other day they counted previously unrecorded deaths from as way back as last May, which still seems puzzling.

And I think the latest ONS count reveals that daily cases are at least levelling off nationally, and even showing signs of falling in some areas.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    The "I can't do anything" mentality is so wrong but you know this as she does..but she can get away with it because she has you to fetch and carry for her.
    Yup, it's the co-dependency. You two are trapped in the cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I know I shouldn't keep ruminating on the daily case stats but I was having a conversation with my dad over teatime yesterday evening telling him I'm really miffed about cases suddenly soaring both yesterday and the previous Friday, despite yesterday's still being quite a bit lower than last Friday's cases, and he said that in his personal opinion, the day-to-day stats don't really tell us that much in the grand scheme of things and it's better to do weekly comparisons where the underlying trend seems to be down for new cases.

He also mentioned about the deaths still being artificially inflated on occasions as the other day they counted previously unrecorded deaths from as way back as last May, which still seems puzzling.

And I think the latest ONS count reveals that daily cases are at least levelling off nationally, and even showing signs of falling in some areas.
    Looks like yesterday's sudden jump in cases (55k) was just another blip, with today's seeing a big drop (41k), though of course, that in turn could be a blip in itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post

You're as bad as me for looking at the numbers.

Your dad's right - the seven-day average is better as it smooths out the variations and makes trend-spotting much easier. Plus you only need look at it once a week.If you look at the graphs at https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases you can see that in all cases, there is now a clear downward trend. The deaths are not so good, but we must remember that there's a lag between infections and deaths. Give that a few weeks and that should - hopefully - show the same downward trend.

In my area, East Northants, they are falling. At least according to the ZOE app run by Kings College London with Professor Tim Spector.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I am such a philistine, Fishman..I must immerse myself deeply in some Bieber this evening and try to educate myself. Maybe chanting Bieber may protect me from Covid whilst I await the blessed vaccine..
    Some of Justin's material is among the finest works of any artiste Pulisa. There is a saying is musical circles, there was 'before Beiber' and 'after Beiber'. He changed the course of music by himself, and it was a seismic change. An astonishing human being.

Some of Justin's material is among the finest works of any artiste Pulisa. There is a saying is musical circles, there was 'before Beiber' and 'after Beiber'. He changed the course of music by himself, and it was a seismic change. An astonishing human being.
    I agree, Fishman. I'm not quite sure how music progressed without the Bieberesque influence. Thank goodness that his presence is now ubiquitous and his legacy will be everlasting. Baby, that's reassuring.

In my area, East Northants, they are falling. At least according to the ZOE app run by Kings College London with Professor Tim Spector.
    I thought you'd nuked ZOE?

Page 264 of 717 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast

Thread Information