Page 557 of 717 FirstFirst ... 57457507547555556557558559567607657 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,570 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

My daughter had what was presumably a head cold last week. Doesn’t live with me but we do work in an office together. She wore her mask. Never got tested. My husband came down with a head cold Sunday. He’s much better today, barely any congestion left. He also didn’t get tested. (It’s a theme with my freaking family members apparently). Today I woke with a “thick” feeling throat, up high - like from drainage? Tonight I have a mild bit of head congestion and a tickle in my upper airways. We’re all double vaxxed. My stupid anxiety head is going straight for “breakthrough infection”. I will probably schedule a test tomorrow if I still have congestion in the morning. I know the probability is low, but you just never know.

Fish, thinking of you guys and hoping you stay clear!!

Hi guys. Well no symptoms yet and I tested negative on LFT this morning. Mrs F has no symptoms either but daughter has an inflamed throat. However she gets those a lot and returned from a music festival in Manchester on Monday which was heaving with maskless people judging by all the videos on her i-phone.

Spoke to my son this morning and he's been for a PCR test. He's feeling exhausted with the headache and no taste or smell still. Only had his second jab on 30th August and developed symptoms on Monday which was the 13th. So I was sitting in his car on the 11th. The jury is still out.

Glassgirl, I hope you all have colds, and I mean that in the best possible way. After all they haven't become extinct just because a new virus is on the scene. Thinking of you

How on earth will we all cope with having a normal bog standard cold again, post-Covid?

I really feel for you both, Glassgirl and Fishman...The watching and waiting must be so hard when you just need to know one way or the other. I hope you both have negative days in terms of testing..

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Well our son has symptoms compatible with Covid and has tested positive three times with lateral flow. He has a bad headache, very tired and no smell or taste. He was here with his lady friend on Saturday for a takeaway, I shared a short car ride with him to collect the takeaway.

Myself, Mrs F and daughter have tested negative on our own lateral flow tests done about two hours ago. His lady friend lives with him and has tested negative too with no symptoms. Any thoughts? Gary, your input here would be helpful. I think at least one of us would be testing positive or had symptoms? Four days ago when the incubation period is four days.
    I’m no expert, I just read a lot about this from, hopefully, reputable scientific sources. To be honest even those who do claim to be “experts” have been left scratching their head with this pandemic, more often than not.

As for close contacts testing positive, it truly does look like it’s pot luck. Obviously you’re at a far higher risk of being positive if you are indeed a close contact of a positive case, but there is a real element of randomness to it.

When I was positive, none of my immediate family were positive alongside me. 3 other people tested and continued to test negative. In fact, 3 out of 4 people in my household have been positive for Covid at some point over the past year. At no point during these individual infections did anyone else in the house test positive. It’s quite bizarre really.

I’ve heard of one guy in a restaurant being infected and 95% of other folks in the same place ultimately tested positive thereafter. Then you get the examples such as my own above.

I’d think that any positive test would’ve shown up by now from any close contacts, generally the incubation period is around 2 to 5 days, although 2 days seems to be the more prominent. You’re most likely in the clear, but be sure to keep testing for a few more days just to be sure. As I said above, this thing really does have the ability to break its own rules and leave everyone scratching their heads.

Hope your son gets better soon Fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Gary that's about all we can expect. With another winter coming up its going to be a game of cat and mouse again, but with vaccines on board hopefully not as dark as the last one. Some of the anxiety has been excruciating today but this is it now.

Thank you Scass, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Thanks Gary that's about all we can expect. With another winter coming up its going to be a game of cat and mouse again, but with vaccines on board hopefully not as dark as the last one. Some of the anxiety has been excruciating today but this is it now.

Thank you Scass, much appreciated.
    And now also booster jabs are starting to be doled out already, plus 12-15-year-olds also set to be (single) jabbed in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    And now also booster jabs are starting to be doled out already, plus 12-15-year-olds also set to be (single) jabbed in due course.
    Yes you're right Lenco. It makes me wonder though how they can manage to vaccinate all the over 50s and 12 to 15s before winter sets in. And then there's the flu jab to administer?

Anyway tested negative again this morning and no symptoms as of typing this. Son has flown off the handle though because none of us here have phoned him today.

So far so good..Well at least your son is well enough to want your sympathy! He can't be that bad!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    So far so good..Well at least your son is well enough to want your sympathy! He can't be that bad!
    Indeed Pulisa, exactly my thoughts. Whenever I've been ill with a virus, whether an external party is exercising adequate sympathy has never been uppermost in my mind.

Page 557 of 717 FirstFirst ... 57457507547555556557558559567607657 ... LastLast

Thread Information