Page 263 of 717 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by wobblehead View Post
    Our premier Justin Trudeau is kind of goofy but not a crétin. I think he is less famous outside Canada than the other Justin who is a total jerk
    I've never understood why Bieber is so special?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Surely the Falklands affair vs the Covid-19 pandemic is like comparing apples with oranges?
    It was a national emergency, Lenco. I was very much involved in it with my job and decisive action from the PM was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It was a national emergency, Lenco. I was very much involved in it with my job and decisive action from the PM was needed.
    Really. Well that's news to me, Pulisa.
    I thought the threat of the Cold War was a far bigger issue back in 82, but then again, what did I know back then as I was nearly 5 at the time, and totally unaware of, and oblivious to the news in general at that age.

Childhood innocence (and ignorance) is bliss, provided one is in the right place at the right time!
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 16-01-21 at 11:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Really. Well that's news to me, Pulisa.
    I thought the threat of the Cold War was a far bigger issue back in 82, but then again, what did I know back then as I was nearly 5 at the time, and totally unaware of, and oblivious to the news in general at that age.

Childhood innocence (and ignorance) is bliss, provided one is in the right place at the right time!
    Also whilst on the subject of the news in general, back in those days we only really had half-hour bulletins at set intervals throughout the day on TV, and on the radio it was usually an hourly three-minute summary of the main headlines.

Unlike today (plus of course social media and the Internet in general) we have 24/7 rolling news channels with detailed wall-to-wall coverage of events, accompanied by endless on-screen captions/graphics, it can be real overkill at times.

Little wonder many feel confused and just shut down.

Although I had sensory overload issues with some of the news programmes back in the late 80s-early 90s era, which caused many arguments between me and my parents over meal times back then, as my mom has always been a bit (dare I say it) OCD about the weather forecast in particular, the news programmes of then were actually rather tame by comparison regarding on-screen graphics and background music.

Plus watching stuff on TV in general back then was often regarded as more of an occasion, as ironically, there was far less choice in terms of programming, plus only four channels (or three prior to November 82), and all concluded with the midnight shutdown, followed by the test cards.

Less was definitely more back then!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    She is Pulisa. Though she's not talking to me right now, not that we were anyway because she only communicates via text. Mrs F's diabetes isn't helped by her diet either.
    I take it she doesn't listen to the diabetes nurse re diet? Or trying to lose some weight? Must be impossible if she stays in bed and eats junk..Very hard for you, Fishman. Maybe when she gets her home visit for the vaccine you will be able to have a word with the nurse as to what is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Pressure sores can become a real risk here with chronic immobility, along with a risk of oedema in her legs. It was these sores getting infected that put Mrs. PM in hospital with kidney failure back in 2008.
    You've really been through the grinder haven't you PM. I would suggest to Mrs F about doing some simple exercises, but that would be the equivalent of swearing.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Agreed.

Is she moving out for a while or permanently? The latter is much harder to do but it will be growing up time.
    Thanks Vee and Terry. It will be permanent but yes some growing up time is urgently needed. I'm tired of apologising to people who owe me a whole stack of those. She's all hurt because I seem to be putting Mrs F's health above daughter's job. And the thanks I get from Mrs F is that I'm driving our daughter out. So its devil's and deep blue seas right now, when I'm taking Lexie for her walk, I'm finding I don't want to come home.

And daughter was down here not long ago, saying she's taking her car for a spin. I said I would take it because she's self isolating but she says she'll do it. I'm sure it was to get tobacco.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    You've really been through the grinder haven't you PM. I would suggest to Mrs F about doing some simple exercises, but that would be the equivalent of swearing.
    Someone has to.

And now I have my own diabetes demons (kidneys have become a concern, apparently) and other HA demons to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by wobblehead View Post
    Sorry Mr. Fish.an but I have one question more

If Mrs. Fishman stays in bed all day, who buys her the unhealthy sweet snack food? I guess your daughter but now that she is gone, you can refuse to buy her that junk. In that way she will have to leave her bed to buy herself. If she is cunning and orders online delivery, you can remove when the delivery arrives.

My gran always says that sometimes you must be severe to be kind.
    LOL wobblehead, you've given me a chuckle so thank you. Don't apologise for asking another question, you sound just like me.

Anyway yes I suppose it does sound like a soap opera. I buy Mrs F her unhealthy food. If I didn't buy it, she would go on and on and on until I did. I remember a few years back, and the fact it sticks in my memory says a lot. Anyway one early evening, we had just had dinner and Mrs F asked for an orange from the kitchen. So I suggested she fetch it herself. Imagine that. So she does, but she was making sarcastic remarks until midnight. So I figured it would have been much easier to have got the orange myself. This is abuse of a kind, codependency.

However I console myself that at least I stay fit with all the back and forth. She does have these medical conditions, but she never pushes back against them. Its like 'oh I've got this, so I can't do anything'. Spicy food makes her crohns disease worse, so I suggest eating something bland like white rice. But she says she can't eat rice on its own. I'm enabling her I know, maybe I'll cook her something healthy and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I've never understood why Bieber is so special?
    Justin Beiber is a hugely influential musical and lyrical genius Pulisa.

Page 263 of 717 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast

Thread Information