Page 296 of 717 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    It said in google about the nasal spray being ready for the summer. Tablet one here https://www.europeanpharmaceuticalre...cal-trial/amp/
    Phil, could I ask, if you have a needle phobia, what do you do at the dentist?

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    Phil, could I ask, if you have a needle phobia, what do you do at the dentist?
    I don’t go..

This made me smile, written by someone who's a tester. Warning - a bit sweary.

https://autoshite.com/topic/43680-th...omment=2223231

When I first loaded up YouTube yesterday evening to view Dr JC's latest vid, one of the Covid 19 news articles displayed there (from Sky News I think), mentioned that the idea of the Kent strain now allegedly being more deadly has come under fire from one of the scientists, though I didn't actually watch it.

Also my dad believes there might be a fair amount of scaremongering going on ATM concerning said strain, despite him actually being far from a Covidiot, and generally being as scrupulous as possible with the guidelines, as a possible means of putting the frighteners on the serial Covidiots in order to make them comply.

My own personal take on said situation is that as the Kent strain is meant to be more contagious, logic tells that the more people infected, inadvertently, the more likely deaths are to occur, which seems to have been the case up until now.

My dad was also musing last night that he wouldn't be surprised if Covid might actually have originated from one of the poorer parts of Africa, rather than Wuhan, China, where it was first discovered and identified, as there was something on the TV at the time about dirty water and poor sanitation in certain parts of Africa, which can be hotbeds for diseases that could have future pandemic potential.

It was just one of my dad's suggestions, not set in stone, of course.

I know it's just one day's data and still could well be a blip but there has been a massive drop in cases again today (22k vs 30k yesterday, and Friday was still 40k).

Hospital admissions for Covid are now also starting to decline again as well.

It’s a little positive Lenco. I’m sure on days when the numbers show quite low that they quadruple check the figures before publishing them. We may get a few more tomorrow like we usually do on a Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    It’s a little positive Lenco. I’m sure on days when the numbers show quite low that they quadruple check the figures before publishing them. We may get a few more tomorrow like we usually do on a Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hence why I said 'it might just be a blip', though the underlying 7-day trend has been down every day at least during the past fortnight or so.

BTW, there's a thread on Digital Spy that's really quite comical right now, where this one poster is really getting their knickers in a twist over kids being out sledging in the snow over the weekend, both due to the Covid risks and due to possible injuries being caused by the sledging activities and hospitals having barely any spare capacity to deal with them due to being bogged down with Covid cases, and other forum members arguing that although activities like sledging are probably not recommended ATM, they're at lesser risk outdoors and provided they're from the same household, of course, plus people are just as likely to have accidents at home, such as falling down the stairs, injure themselves doing DIY or even cooking, or end up in a car crash/getting run over whilst out and about, thus implying there are hazards and risks practically everywhere on a day-to-day basis, many of which we generally don't give as much as a second thought to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Hence why I said 'it might just be a blip', though the underlying 7-day trend has been down every day at least during the past fortnight or so.

BTW, there's a thread on Digital Spy that's really quite comical right now, where this one poster is really getting their knickers in a twist over kids being out sledging in the snow over the weekend, both due to the Covid risks and due to possible injuries being caused by the sledging activities and hospitals having barely any spare capacity to deal with them due to being bogged down with Covid cases, and other forum members arguing that although activities like sledging are probably not recommended ATM, they're at lesser risk outdoors and provided they're from the same household, of course, plus people are just as likely to have accidents at home, such as falling down the stairs, injure themselves doing DIY or even cooking, or end up in a car crash/getting run over whilst out and about, thus implying there are hazards and risks practically everywhere on a day-to-day basis, many of which we generally don't give as much as a second thought to.
    Some elderly woman was on the news yesterday. Inspired by Captain Tom, she wants to raise some cashola, only she's camping out in a tent for a month - in winter. I admire the sentiment but couldn't help but think that she may end up hogging a much needed bed when she comes down with pneumonia?

Right, that's me off to Tesco. Need bog roll, ASAP!

May The Pandas Be With You when you get back with your booty, Nora!

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Some elderly woman was on the news yesterday. Inspired by Captain Tom, she wants to raise some cashola, only she's camping out in a tent for a month - in winter. I admire the sentiment but couldn't help but think that she may end up hogging a much needed bed when she comes down with pneumonia?

Right, that's me off to Tesco. Need bog roll, ASAP!
    Surely that's quite a bit different to kids out sledging and playing in the snow, which is probably only for about an hour on average, as opposed to about 4 weeks, in that elderly woman's case.

Also at least there's no toilet roll shortages/panic-buying right now, which thankfully never really happened during the run-up to, and during the first few days of this current lockdown, so hopefully looks like it was just a passing fad last year!

Page 296 of 717 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast

Thread Information