Page 671 of 717 FirstFirst ... 171571621661669670671672673681 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,710 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I wonder whether the newly christened "stealth" omicron will be played down by Brand Boris? Or will they Wait for Gray to divert attention away from potential new strains?
    This must be the BA.2 variant of Omicron you're referring to.

Dr JC did a video about it the other day and admitted it's not believed to be any more serious than the original BA.1 variant so far.

The BBC site also covered it very briefly a few days ago in their live rolling Covid section, but it mostly appears to have been kept low-key and barely mentioned since.

A couple of weeks back there was talk of a couple of other 'new' variants; one that was allegedly reported in Cyprus dubbed 'Deltacron' (a kind of Delta-Omicron hybrid), but that was also largely believed to be some kind of lab mix-up, rather than a genuine infectious Covid variant, again according to Dr JC. But the BBC never seemed to mention it though.

The other one that I already mentioned at the time; IHU, that was detected in a handful of individuals in Marseilles, France, has also barely been mentioned since.

Also, what happened to that mysterious 'Delta Plus' variant that was discovered here in England during the latter half of October 2021?

Covid's over now according to the Government..

Another day, another party revelation..This time it's Boris's party but no doubt no one told him that it was his birthday so that's alright then.
    Sue Gray will have to establish whether there was cake and if so then the gateau is out of the bag yet again

Another day, another party revelation..This time it's Boris's party but no doubt no one told him that it was his birthday so that's alright then.
    Sue Gray will have to establish whether there was cake and if so then the gateau is out of the bag yet again
    Cue people just switching off and inadvertently becoming divorced from all politics period, saying 'I just can't be bothered to vote for anyone anymore, they're all as bad and corrupt as each other'!

Little wonder this country and society is so stuck in a rut.

Not just your country Lenco.
    We've got elections coming up and as much as I want to see Scomo gone I don't think much of the other option either.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Its only "over" because now they've decided it would benefit them and their self-serving interests.

Then again, when have the words selfless and politician ever gone in the same sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by TaleOn11 View Post
    Its only "over" because now they've decided it would benefit them and their self-serving interests.
    Well, with inflation rocketing, a lazy and corrupt leader desperate to keep hold of the keys to No. 10 and Brexit turning into the shitshow those of us on the "Remain" side predicted it would (and this is only the start - it will get worse), they need something to distract the gullible.

It's a Government working solely on the basis of "ooh look, squirrel!". To which my response is "bring on the Fenn traps."

I'm reminded of the unnecessary* FoI request that has had certain individuals on YouTube and in politics leaping on it to say that "only" 17,000 people have died "of" Covid, as if the other 140,000 "with" Covid don't count.

See https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...867765251.html for *proper* analysis.

*unnecessary because it's published as a matter of course in the quarterly ONS figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Well, with inflation rocketing, a lazy and corrupt leader desperate to keep hold of the keys to No. 10 and Brexit turning into the shitshow those of us on the "Remain" side predicted it would (and this is only the start - it will get worse), they need something to distract the gullible.

It's a Government working solely on the basis of "ooh look, squirrel!". To which my response is "bring on the Fenn traps."

I'm reminded of the unnecessary* FoI request that has had certain individuals on YouTube and in politics leaping on it to say that "only" 17,000 people have died "of" Covid, as if the other 140,000 "with" Covid don't count.

See https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...867765251.html for *proper* analysis.

*unnecessary because it's published as a matter of course in the quarterly ONS figures.
    Back in the 20th Century there would have been mass social unrest over what's going on right now. The 1990 Poll Tax Riots were probably the last true bastion of mass public revolt, preceded by the Miners' Strike a few years earlier in 1984.

Whilst I'm not advocating rioting or even full-on terrorism in response to this current situation per se, and the thought of such reactions fills me with intense dread, it does make me wonder if we've become too soft and 'passive' as a society at times?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    it does make me wonder if we've become too soft and 'passive' as a society at times?
    Given how certain people STILL defend the government regardless of the amounts of evidence of their corruption, it certainly seems that way..

Quote Originally Posted by TaleOn11 View Post
    Given how certain people STILL defend the government regardless of the amounts of evidence of their corruption, it certainly seems that way..
    And not forgetting the endless whataboutery directed at the opposition parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    And not forgetting the endless whataboutery directed at the opposition parties.
    Its just too bad its too little too late for the government to try and talk their way out of this one. Enough people have seen what needed to be seen so its time these corrupt ones (trying not to insult here lol) got their comeuppance that they deserve.

Page 671 of 717 FirstFirst ... 171571621661669670671672673681 ... LastLast

Thread Information