Page 157 of 717 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257657 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

It's outside innit

On other forums I have browsed over the past couple of days there has been mass venom and tribalism concerning the current situation with universities and students, ranging from conspiracy theories ('The govt have a hidden agenda to get as many youngsters infected as possible in order to generate herd immunity ahead of the winter season', Uni halls of residence are being used as concentration camps in disguise to 'imprison' infected young students, keeping them out of sight, out of mind as a means of control') and full-on student/young people-bashing ('Today's young students treat uni like a holiday camp, squandering their benefits/grants on booze, junk food, all night parties and getting their legs over rather than studying and learning', 'Bringing back borstals/conscription might be a better option').

Some examples of extremely crazy and divisive commentary.

It does seem like the serial know it alls are really jumping hard on the Covid bandwagon right now.

DISCLAIMER; If anyone on here feels triggered or offended by what I just quoted above (from other forums), I shall delete ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    On other forums I have browsed over the past couple of days there has been mass venom and tribalism concerning the current situation with universities and students, ranging from conspiracy theories ('The govt have a hidden agenda to get as many youngsters infected as possible in order to generate herd immunity ahead of the winter season', Uni halls of residence are being used as concentration camps in disguise to 'imprison' infected young students, keeping them out of sight, out of mind as a means of control') and full-on student/young people-bashing ('Today's young students treat uni like a holiday camp, squandering their benefits/grants on booze, junk food, all night parties and getting their legs over rather than studying and learning', 'Bringing back borstals/conscription might be a better option').

Some examples of extremely crazy and divisive commentary.

It does seem like the serial know it alls are really jumping hard on the Covid bandwagon right now.

DISCLAIMER; If anyone on here feels triggered or offended by what I just quoted above (from other forums), I shall delete ASAP!
    It's nothing on you for reporting on how people are fear-mongering. The person who wrote that doesn't know their history. As Pulisa and I have discussed before, concentration camp barracks that came down with diseases were sent to the gas chambers. People like that unfortunately use the horrors of the Holocaust as a way to catch attention.

There is a problem in all universities who have decided to re-open. Not just UK universities, but American ones too. I understand that they want to re-open because going to a four-year university is an experience that people pay thousands of dollars to have, but when you put a bunch of people together whose brains aren't fully developed, they are going to make bad decisions...and they have.

On a more positive note, 5,683 cases today, the second consecutive day running of decreases.

17 deaths (though I know it's Sunday).

I know it's probably still a bit too soon as yet but I wonder if any of the restrictions imposed over the past fortnight or so may now be starting to have an impact?

On a more positive note, 5,683 cases today, the second consecutive day running of decreases.

17 deaths (though I know it's Sunday).

I know it's probably still a bit too soon as yet but I wonder if any of the restrictions imposed over the past fortnight or so may now be starting to have an impact?
    Far too soon to see a notable impact on case numbers. With the incubation period of this virus you’re probably talking two or three weeks before any results, if any, will be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Far too soon to see a notable impact on case numbers. With the incubation period of this virus you’re probably talking two or three weeks before any results, if any, will be seen.
    I think I'm more concerned by the numbers on ventilators at the moment.

Slightly off-topic now, but Dr JC has this evening uploaded a 'behind the scenes' vid onto YouTube due to popular public demand, with fascinating info on how he does his vids and all the gear he uses.

Techmoan's channel is another favourite of mine on YouTube, well worth checking out.

Slightly off-topic now, but Dr JC has this evening uploaded a 'behind the scenes' vid onto YouTube due to popular public demand, with fascinating info on how he does his vids and all the gear he uses.

Techmoan's channel is another favourite of mine on YouTube, well worth checking out.
    He's a bit slow if you ask me, he should have a range of t-shirts and baseball caps ready by now!

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    You all are following in our footsteps... Remember when that happened here?
    Yes, very true.

The ironic thing is how many of these loons wore masks to these demos before 'the man' told them to wear masks

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Agreed. We need to see trend. Until then these are blips that may fall well within expected standard deviations. Blips that can be caused by under reporting due to some IT or counting issue to then cause an odd spike a week later.

Page 157 of 717 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257657 ... LastLast

Thread Information