Page 48 of 717 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148548 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    One of the biggest targets of this psychological attack on the public have been older people and there is a strong eugenics angle to this. What they're doing to the elderly is nothing short of genocide and it's being covered up. There are multiple agendas at play here so I'm not going ignore someone's POV just because I don't agree with it 100 percent.

BTW, you didn't address the main point which is why weren't these old people admitted into the empty Nightingale hospitals.
    Makes a mockery of claim to be "protecting the elderly" and exposes the govt's lies. If they cared about the elderly, the govt wouldn't have systematically destroyed the care system: they would have funded, not cut back on, the care they receive in the community and built more care homes, not shut them down.

Also, the fallacious argument and statement that we should all "protect" the NHS. The NHS should be there to protect US. It's the govt's responsibility to use (our) taxpayers' money to fund and invest in vital infrastructure and public services like our health service, and for the last 10 years the opposite has been the case: massive underfunding of staff and hospitals. All in the name of some ideological "austerity", which was not of our making but one we the people should suffer all the same.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Also, the fallacious argument and statement that we should all "protect" the NHS. The NHS should be there to protect US. It's the govt's responsibility to use (our) taxpayers' money to fund and invest in vital infrastructure and public services like our health service, and for the last 10 years the opposite has been the case: massive underfunding of staff and hospitals. All in the name of some ideological "austerity", which was not of our making but one we the people should suffer all the same.
    Whilst I don’t disagree that the NHS should have been better funded for years, I don’t get this point that the NHS shouldn’t have been protected when this virus started spreading.

Genuine question, but when this virus reared it’s head, what would you have done? It’s all well and good criticising and poking holes, but other than locking down and social distancing, what would you have done differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Whilst I don’t disagree that the NHS should have been better funded for years, I don’t get this point that the NHS shouldn’t have been protected when this virus started spreading.

Genuine question, but when this virus reared it’s head, what would you have done? It’s all well and good criticising and poking holes, but other than locking down and social distancing, what would you have done differently?
    I've asked that before. I had no reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Back then, it was; homosexuality was very dimly viewed even though it was legal at the time. Petitions were raised to get him removed from the school (eventually he resigned) and it was all over the local papers. In the realms of 'straight' sex, another of my teachers got done for servicing a rather pneumatic fifth-former in a cupboard and overall, we had the highest number of 'gymslip pregnancies' in the district. Never mind the staged car-park fights between mine and other schools...
    Ours used to get away with it in my day. Teachers having sex with children was a slap on the wrist and the sack only if the parents forced the issue.

Until Saville it was taken with the same seriousness of rape in the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    [...] why weren't these old people admitted into the empty Nightingale hospitals.
    I suspect because they knew they could never staff them and in addition I do know from experience that geriatric care is quite different to regular care. All for show; to be seen to be doing something to conceal the very obvious mistakes made by letting Cheltenham and the Liverpool match go ahead.

You're conflating the issues here which are complex. I'm referring to the contradictions in govt narrative:

"We care for the elderly": Yet we've done everything to destroy their channels of support for years now.

"We will build more hospitals to cope with this virus": Yet massive "field" hospitals lie largely empty while elderly are turfed out of NHS hospitals. Meanwhile, operations are cancelled and people advised not to go into hospitals. How many people died at home, too fearful to go to A&E or call 999? How many people had cancer and other serious illnesses which were not diagnosed and treated early because they were made to believe hospitals were all "war zones"?

"We will shield and protect the elderly and vulnerable": Yet the elderly are shunted from hospitals - when many needed treatment/medication for treatable conditions - into carehomes, where many unfortunately died before their time - with or without COVID-19. GPs were also given guidance not to visit many of these carehomes - presumably because these patients had the virus and there was nothing more they could do.

Doublespeak, deceit and mendacity.

Also, I'm not the govt, Gary. We have the "authority" called govt because they claim to know better. But once damage has been done there is never an easy alternative or way back. It becomes a damage limitation issue which should never have been the case. So why should I answer what the govt should have done? They have been warning of "superbugs" and pestilence on the population for years now so they should have been prepared and now have to answer why they behaved as they did.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Ohh, man, Terry, I do not know this one :( I will have to make you "Minister of British TV" in my new imperial order.
    I know I might upset a few people by saying this, but you're not missing much by never seeing 'Last of the Summer Wine' Antsy. Not the best of British comedy IMO. However, do watch if you can, 'Fawlty Towers', 'Only Fools and Horses', Blackadder, Monty Python, 'Not the Nine O'clock News', 'Alas Smith and Jones', 'The Likely Lads', 'Steptoe and Son', 'Dads Army'. There's a lot more but can't think of them all now, I'm not as young as I was.

I never asked you to answer for the government, I asked what you personally would have done differently. You’re against lockdown and us all being responsible for protecting the NHS, so, surely you’ve got a better idea if you’re against those things?

You’re against lockdown and us all being responsible for protecting the NHS, so, surely you’ve got a better idea if you’re against those things?
    We are NOT responsible for protecting the NHS. This is Govt propaganda which you've obviously fallen for. We APPRECIATE what the NHS staff do but that's not the point.

The NHS was created to protect the people, not the other way round. And furthermore, we pay for that service through taxation.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I know I might upset a few people by saying this, but you're not missing much by never seeing 'Last of the Summer Wine' Antsy. Not the best of British comedy IMO. However, do watch if you can, 'Fawlty Towers', 'Only Fools and Horses', Blackadder, Monty Python, 'Not the Nine O'clock News', 'Alas Smith and Jones', 'The Likely Lads', 'Steptoe and Son', 'Dads Army'. There's a lot more but can't think of them all now, I'm not as young as I was.
    I have watched all the Monty Pythons! I really loved those as a kid.

Are you telling me that you want to oust Terry from his new position?

Page 48 of 717 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148548 ... LastLast

Thread Information