Page 152 of 717 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252652 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Bugger! Just as I got back to work...

I said the MSM and the govt were itching for a second wave and another lockdown -backed up the scientific mouthpieces Vallance and Whitty. But we have to ask where they are getting their evidence from for all this.Mike Yeardon (and a lot of other eminent scientists) are saying different: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bwebLohmN4scareHow much more of this scare-mongering and skewed statistics to suit their hypotheses are we expected to swallow?

What possible reason would any government have for locking down a nation and buckling the economy?

We went through this here in CA. You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. Unfortunately, we've learned that a certain segment of society will never follow the precautions they need to take unless forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    What possible reason would any government have for locking down a nation and buckling the economy?
    Precisely. What do they have to gain from hoodwinking the nation?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Precisely. What do they have to gain from hoodwinking the nation?
    And a government into rich folk. Unless they are planning moving some shares around to benefit they would be losing money.

The rich are always well insulated from any event but they hate losing money.

If I were an eminent scientist I would not expect to have to resort to YouTube to get my message across.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    If I were an eminent scientist I would not expect to have to resort to YouTube to get my message across.
    It appears to be the only place where these scientists bods with an alternative narrative can be heard. They have all been interviewed over the last few months and from what I can gather, have also published in scientific journals .... but are now finding that their published output is being 'shut down' - probably because it challenges the SAGE narrative. I don't want to consider that this is part of some huge government conspiracy exercise, but it does beg the question why SAGE advice keeps ploughing on down the same road without engaging in some measure of open debate. I wonder whether SAGE which advises the government just doesn't want to admit that it has got some things wrong, grossly misinterpreted testing data and misadvised the government. As lots of people have commentated of late, the numbers thrown at us just don't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by dorabella View Post
    It appears to be the only place where these scientists bods with an alternative narrative can be heard. They have all been interviewed over the last few months and from what I can gather, have also published in scientific journals .... but are now finding that their published output is being 'shut down' - probably because it challenges the SAGE narrative. I don't want to consider that this is part of some huge government conspiracy exercise, but it does beg the question why SAGE advice keeps ploughing on down the same road without engaging in some measure of open debate. I wonder whether SAGE which advises the government just doesn't want to admit that it has got some things wrong, grossly misinterpreted testing data and misadvised the government. As lots of people have commentated of late, the numbers thrown at us just don't add up.
    There’s no way of knowing which debates are had at SAGE meetings, I’d wager that a lot of different viewpoints are spoken and heard but at the end of the day, a decision has to be made and action taken.

I think it’s odd to assume that dissenting voices are being “shut down”, isn’t it more obvious that what’s right at one time might not be right at other times? Two months ago the data suggested that the virus was in retreat and we were over the worst of it. That data has now changed, so the consensus has had to change with it.

The worst case scenario will always be the one taken most seriously, as it really should in all honesty. An epidemiologist would rather over react by 100% than under react by 10%.

When was the last time the medical community talked to we plebs? They have their own long standing and new tech ways of talking to the only people that matter to them in a scientific manner - other relevant scientists.

So, unless you are reading The Lancet, BMJ or Nature are you seeing them discussing this? I'm sure those publications have been taken over by Covid. The BMJ online articles have peer discussion underneath them.

There may also be the issue that too much speculation feeds fear. Thus leading to a smaller pool of experts jumping on the usual media gravy train.

I don't know about YouTube but it could altruism, making money or gaining in profile. But I suspect the big reason anyone like that uses YouTube is because it reaches outside peer review channels to we plebs. Before now doctors have been on there for years and it won't be to talk to people they already reach through peer networks.

YouTube are rubbish at stopping illegal uploads. Therefore a Covid whistleblower could easily use it. If I want to upload a vid of me sawing my leg off places like YouTube are easy to get onto. The most recent TikTok suicide shows that (it's far from the first). But things get reported and taken down. So if Campbell is considered a rebel it shows our high tech spooks are pretty rubbish at removing dissenting voices.

Which leads me to the establishment. They have more leaks, intended or otherwise, than a Welsh greengrocer. I know the opposition are pretty weak still but even they must be competent enough to point to errors (Not considering Dianne Abbott and the number of infected ). Their (unofficial) job description is to spend all day pointing out what numpties the party in power are.

Then we have international politicians. We're still in a pretty rocky divorce with an EU Commission that spends it's days trying to trash our leaders and vice versa. We've been getting criticised all the way through for our handling of this by them and their media.

Then we have our media. I don't believe they are so incompetent as to not point out errors by our leaders. The Tories are in power so the likes of The Guardian, Indy, Mirror, etc alone are spending every day trying to trash them. Are they colluding with the very people they exist to expose & deride?

Have the media been issued any D Notices or superinjunctions? (The latter brought in to prevent public panic but now perverted into something celebs use to stifle who they've been shagging)
    And if so the population of the UK can't just use a VPN to read about it in any country whose media runs it?

That doesn't make sense to me. Their are too many questions. It's like how Gary has previously pointed out, in response to someone before, that either all the experts are too thick or colluding to deny us information.

Page 152 of 717 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252652 ... LastLast

Thread Information