Page 299 of 717 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Aren't you in your 30s Phil? Your risk of dying from covid is vanishingly small. I'm 55 so more likely to pop my clogs than you are.

The vaccine I don't have a clue. I haven't had one but my Dad has had the Pfizer vaccine three weeks ago. He's 91 and is doing fine. My wife however has epilepsy, crohns disease, type 2 diabetes and fibromyalgia. She's also very overweight. So I'm very afraid of her getting covid, but also afraid of her reaction to a vaccine as she has lowered immunity and is taking steroids for the crohns disease. I hope this gives you a little perspective.
    Just as an aside (not sure if this will be helpful for you or not!) - My husband has Rheumatoid Arthritis and is on immune suppressants. He tested positive and had no symptoms at all so although she is higher risk thought that might be good for you to know. It sounds like you're doing everything right to protect her as much as you can though.

A friend of mine also has lupus and she got covid (we think) back in feb last year after a trip to the states with other international travellers. She had a tough time for a month but no hospital and is now fine.

Also Phil - the vaccine doesn't just protect you, it protects others around you as it can limit the spread hopefully. It's not something you need to worry about at the moment however, it'll be at least 2/3 months before you get asked if you would like it so I'd just stop thinking about it and see what happens with everyone else first - this is an ongoing frequently changing situation.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...data-week.html

A single dose jab coming next month this is good news especially if you don’t like needles one shot is better than needing two. Promising news for those further down the queue maybe a tablet will be next.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishchips View Post
    Just as an aside (not sure if this will be helpful for you or not!) - My husband has Rheumatoid Arthritis and is on immune suppressants. He tested positive and had no symptoms at all so although she is higher risk thought that might be good for you to know. It sounds like you're doing everything right to protect her as much as you can though.

A friend of mine also has lupus and she got covid (we think) back in feb last year after a trip to the states with other international travellers. She had a tough time for a month but no hospital and is now fine.
    Thank you for that Squishchips. I think this reiterates how unpredictable this virus is. Just read about a woman in the US beating it and then celebrating her 110th birthday.

And to clarify on my earlier post folks, I'm not advocating Phil not having the vaccine though it may have come across that way. If I were in his shoes I'd have it and for all of the reasons stated.

How is your mother in law Squishchips?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    How is your mother in law Squishchips?
    Hi Pulisa, thank you for asking. I'm not sure how much I should put on here - im really conscious of triggering anyone :(

She's on a ventilator and has been for a while - we're just taking each day as it comes and hoping. She's 70 and has very bad asthma so this just affected her really badly - the rest of the family have all been fine (my father in law who is also in his 70s, previously had a stroke etc, did have to go to hospital for a few days but was fine and is now healing really well).

She has been incredibly careful, barely leaving the house so the only way I can think of exposure is from someone else who probably wasn't wearing a mask (which is why I get so mad at people not wearing masks - it literally saves lives)

We're getting updates daily and she's fighting hard - so we're crossing fingers and praying she makes it through.

I'm really sorry if this did trigger anyone so please let me know if I should edit - im so conscious of saying too much on this forum as it helped me through my covid exposure so so much.

xx

Surprisingly they don't appear to be saying much about this right now on the BBC website, anything believed to be terror-related would usually be hogging their rolling 'live' feed.

And especially at a plant producing anti-Covid vaccines.

They seem to have piped down over the Netherlands riots today though.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishchips View Post
    Hi Pulisa, thank you for asking. I'm not sure how much I should put on here - im really conscious of triggering anyone :(

She's on a ventilator and has been for a while - we're just taking each day as it comes and hoping. She's 70 and has very bad asthma so this just affected her really badly - the rest of the family have all been fine (my father in law who is also in his 70s, previously had a stroke etc, did have to go to hospital for a few days but was fine and is now healing really well).

She has been incredibly careful, barely leaving the house so the only way I can think of exposure is from someone else who probably wasn't wearing a mask (which is why I get so mad at people not wearing masks - it literally saves lives)

We're getting updates daily and she's fighting hard - so we're crossing fingers and praying she makes it through.

I'm really sorry if this did trigger anyone so please let me know if I should edit - im so conscious of saying too much on this forum as it helped me through my covid exposure so so much.

xx

I'm very sorry that she is so ill and it must be so worrying for you all as a family. I can imagine how angry you must feel towards the mask-averse and the CTers. They would soon change their tune given a similar situation with their loved ones, of course.

Don't worry about triggering anyone. This is real life for you and not a fear or a prediction. We want to support you if you would like that support? It's a tiny gesture in what must be such an awful time xx

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm very sorry that she is so ill and it must be so worrying for you all as a family. I can imagine how angry you must feel towards the mask-averse and the CTers. They would soon change their tune given a similar situation with their loved ones, of course.

Don't worry about triggering anyone. This is real life for you and not a fear or a prediction. We want to support you if you would like that support? It's a tiny gesture in what must be such an awful time xx
    That's really kind thank you so much and very much appreciated. I have also been messaging another member on here since we both got exposed to covid which has been a huge support and coming on here helps me as well.

I really appreciate the support thank you, that is nice to know and definitely helps.

I am doing ok - just very very anxious and of course now getting the physical anxiety symptoms which makes me more anxious even though I know its anxiety - it's just such a difficult time for so many families out there at the moment whether it's covid or lockdown or panic about covid.

Just going to keep trying to stay as positive as we can and hope she comes through it - she's fighting very hard at the moment.

xx

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Why people still continue to worship that rag (and others of its ilk) and take pretty much everything they spew out as gospel, is beyond me.

Not specifically referring to Phil, to be fair.
    Cognitive Distortions, one of the problems seen in anxiety & depression. So they Maximise the tiny bad things and subconsciously Minimise the 99.9% good. They apply tunnel vision and Black & White thinking. They need 100% and nothing less will do.

Everyone on here is having this battle in their own ways.

Page 299 of 717 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399 ... LastLast

Thread Information