Page 670 of 717 FirstFirst ... 170570620660668669670671672680 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,700 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    If the dates match that would tally. The previous reduction was partially artificial. What do ZOE numbers say since they don't rely on testing? If they don't, and also show a similiar reduction, then it's not the reason.
    The ZOE numbers have also been declining since early this month, though their numbers have almost always been way higher anyway pretty much throughout this entire pandemic, even though they themselves haven't been without their respective caveats.

The other day Dr JC did a video talking about a FOI article, which reveals that overall deaths caused by Covid alone from March 2020 to present are actually much lower than previously assumed, and many were otherwise caused by either comorbidities or 'incidental' illnesses within 28 days of a positive test.

Meanwhile, Thursday's and Friday's dashboard cases have resumed the downward trend prior to last Monday (17th Jan), and deaths now look like they're starting to level off, albeit still way down on what they were this time last year.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    There's so much hype about how young people have been so badly affected mentally by the pandemic but in my opinion the toll on the elderly and clinically vulnerable has been far far worse and should not be just accepted and swept under the carpet. It must be an ongoing nightmare for you, Terry with the strain of keeping your parents safe. I hope you are ok but it must be gruelling for you..
    While I don't intend to trivialise or belittle them in any way, young people's MH problems were already a thing well before this pandemic.

I also agree that MH issues of older generations and clinically vulnerable individuals (of all ages) have been largely brushed under the carpet, and not just during this pandemic either.

Of course there will always be 'scapegoats' of some kind or other used for people's problems.

I wonder whether the newly christened "stealth" omicron will be played down by Brand Boris? Or will they Wait for Gray to divert attention away from potential new strains?

This thread has taken a hard political turn

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Covid: Wales could recruit non-jabbed English NHS staff

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-60103323

Sounds fair enough..

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Covid: Wales could recruit non-jabbed English NHS staff

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-60103323
    Uprooting your life seems a lot more effort than a jab to me. Maybe for those already looking at Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I wonder whether the newly christened "stealth" omicron will be played down by Brand Boris? Or will they Wait for Gray to divert attention away from potential new strains?
    I hope she digs up a picture of Gove on Wilfred's slide

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I hope she digs up a picture of Gove on Wilfred's slide
    It's probably Boris's slide but he says it's for Wilfred!

Page 670 of 717 FirstFirst ... 170570620660668669670671672680 ... LastLast

Thread Information