Page 574 of 717 FirstFirst ... 74474524564572573574575576584624674 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,740 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

They’ve been listening to too much Joe Rogan, which is dangerous in itself 😎
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Invermectin is freaking horse de-wormer for goodness sakes! The FDA has not approved its use to treat COVID and there's no data to support the claims. Large doses can be dangerous. To even suggest that it can treat COVID effectively is ludicrous and frankly dangerous!

FMP

Perhaps worth remembering humans already use it under medical licence.

https://bnf.nice.org.uk/drug/ivermectin.html

My dog has eye medication that is used in human children. There are probably many drugs that cross species in their use.

I know my cat was once prescribed mirtazapine as an appetite stimulant post-surgery.

I'm sure Ivermectin could be an effective treatment for the parasites in society...?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

My dog has eye medication that is used in human children. There are probably many drugs that cross species in their use.
    There are, yes - my dog takes Paxil and Clonidine.

But the main issue is that, while Ivermectin can be used in humans, it is used for treatment of parasites, not viruses. It does not kill viruses.

Even for meds that have different uses (Clonidine is an example of that), they still have to prove beneficial. Clonidine lowers blood pressure and can help anxiety. Ivermectin treats parasites, but it does not treat viral infections, therefore it should not be used for viral infections.

To say nothing of the fact that those using it OTC are taking alarmingly high dosages.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

This is true. However, at least in the US, people are buying from their local feed stores & self dosing. So much so that farmers have had a hard time getting it for their livestock, but thats another story.lol
    In a medical setting id still be leary though to be honest. Just from what I've read on the livestock aspect. However, that could be attributed to the whole HA thing as well.lol

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    There are, yes - my dog takes Paxil and Clonidine.

But the main issue is that, while Ivermectin can be used in humans, it is used for treatment of parasites, not viruses. It does not kill viruses.

Even for meds that have different uses (Clonidine is an example of that), they still have to prove beneficial. Clonidine lowers blood pressure and can help anxiety. Ivermectin treats parasites, but it does not treat viral infections, therefore it should not be used for viral infections.

To say nothing of the fact that those using it OTC are taking alarmingly high dosages.
    It's used for non parasitic conditions too per the link. But yes, it's application is very restricted and more for parasitic conditions. Whether that changes is one for drug trials (unlikely not being antiviral as you say) so I don't think we should ever dismiss something on the basis of animal use.

The lack of info and not recommended statements on the BNF makes me think it's mostly not studied beyond a few conditions.

Why people would use it with so little info for a drug rather than say a naturally occurring substance or approved remedy is worrying. I wonder, do they have to apply a squirt just underneath the collar...and refrain from trying to back rub themselves across the carpet afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Heather1234 View Post
    This is true. However, at least in the US, people are buying from their local feed stores & self dosing. So much so that farmers have had a hard time getting it for their livestock, but thats another story.lol
    In a medical setting id still be leary though to be honest. Just from what I've read on the livestock aspect. However, that could be attributed to the whole HA thing as well.lol

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Sounds pretty crazy. Hopefully they will be able to ringfence supplies for the farmers.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I know my cat was once prescribed mirtazapine as an appetite stimulant post-surgery.

I'm sure Ivermectin could be an effective treatment for the parasites in society...?
    Anyone got a crop duster we can fly over the Palace of Westminster?

I'm sure Katie Price would benefit too....as would Nicki Minaj.

There's always an agenda behind these claims of a miracle cure...Mainly media attention and deflection from unsavoury publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotagetthroughthis View Post
    Shocked to see so many in this thread so utterly taken in by the fearmongering around this Virus. Yes there's a virus out there, but to the vast majority it's no worse than a bad cold.
    I'm 28 and otherwise healthy and the virus knocked me out for months. I still get relapses into fatigue now, and I had it in January. My boyfriend is 30 and healthy and had trouble breathing for a month.

Yes, things have changed now with vaccines, and I'm not as worried as I was about us, although I am concerned about more vulnerable people which is why I still take some measures. It's a serious virus, it absolutely floored us and we should be in prime health.

Page 574 of 717 FirstFirst ... 74474524564572573574575576584624674 ... LastLast

Thread Information