Page 667 of 717 FirstFirst ... 167567617657665666667668669677 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,670 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Getting back on topic... I note that cases have been climbing for the last three days. Deaths have jumped today but that's the Tuesday Effect (I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Getting back on topic... I note that cases have been climbing for the last three days. Deaths have jumped today but that's the Tuesday Effect (I hope).
    So have I PM.

There doesn't seem to be any explanations as to possible reasons why, but obviously we can't really read too much into case numbers over just 2 consecutive days.

Nevertheless, they're still down on this time last week and remember exactly a fortnight ago daily dashboard cases topped 200k; now they're still just under 100k, and have been since last Friday (14th Jan).

Might be just a temporary blip or might even be counting previously missed cases, who knows?

Nevertheless, the BBC don't appear to be making a song and dancing over the case numbers seemingly increasing since yesterday.

Isn't Covid going to be over by March regardless of stats (if Boris is stiil PM)?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Isn't Covid going to be over by March regardless of stats (if Boris is stiil PM)?
    The Express (oi, stop laughing at the back there!) is claiming that as part of "Operation Dead Dog" or whatever it's called, that all restrictions will be lifted a week tomorrow.

Meanwhile, rumours are that there's likely to be a submission of up to twenty letters to Graham Brady tomorrow from "Red Wall" MPs - whom today were called "effing nobodies" by an unnamed Cabinet member (I have a shrewd suspicion who that may be).

Brady needs 54 letters.

I think the PM will need to rely on his (Pedigree) Chums for maintenance and support in the days ahead..

I think the PM will need to rely on his (Pedigree) Chums for maintenance and support in the days ahead..
    Just seen him losing his bottle at opposition MPs in the Commons on the BBC News channel.

Jeez, the man looks like he's in a state of perpetual desperation right now!

I don't know why he just can't give himself up as PM for once and for all, as he now very much appears to be getting to the point of no return, at least IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I don't know why he just can't give himself up as PM for once and for all
    He is a narcissist.

"Boris really has adopted a disgracefully cavalier attitude to his classical studies. [He] sometimes seems affronted when criticised for what amounts to a gross failure of responsibility (and surprised at the same time that he was not appointed Captain of the school for the next half). "I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation that binds everyone else."
    That was a letter from his classics master at Eton to his father in 1982.

Johnson really, genuinely believes that he is better than all of us and that the rules we obey as a society don't apply to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    He is a narcissist.

That was a letter from his classics master at Eton to his father in 1982.

Johnson really, genuinely believes that he is better than all of us and that the rules we obey as a society don't apply to him.
    Definitely. He came across as a right pathetic spoilt brat in the Commons at lunchtime today, yelling and screaming at opposition MPs, and thumping whatever surfaces were next to him!

If I was to walk through my local town centre behaving like that I would no doubt end up being arrested.

In fact, I feel like doing something like that right now, as I feel like I'm losing respect for all authority. I might just as well end up in jail or sectioned for the rest of my life, which the hard-righters who avidly support Boris and Co would probably love to see happen, as they've always hated people who aren't 'normal'!

It's incredibly hard to get sectioned these days, Lenco. I doubt that unruly behaviour would get you noticed/ arrested as well.

That's a very extreme statement to make about the neurodiverse and not at all accurate.

I doubt that unruly behaviour would get you noticed/ arrested as well.
    You've read the provisions of the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill I presume?

From https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56400751

Police chiefs would be able to put more conditions on static protests, such as those organised by Extinction Rebellion where roads and bridges are occupied.

They would be able to:

• impose a start and finish time
    • set noise limits
    • apply these rules to a demonstration by just one person

So if a single individual was holding a protest placard while sharing their views via a loudspeaker, and refused to follow police directions about how they should conduct their protest, they could be fined up to £2,500.

The proposed law also includes an offence of "intentionally or recklessly causing public nuisance".

Page 667 of 717 FirstFirst ... 167567617657665666667668669677 ... LastLast

Thread Information