Page 260 of 717 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Although I've already mentioned this before, midway through last February me and my parents had what seemed like mega bad flu with many of the hallmarks of Covid, which we kind of suspected as by that time the virus was becoming more newsworthy, despite knowingly still being mostly concentrated in Wuhan and Lombardy, plus only a handful of officially confirmed cases in the UK at that time, and our local GP surgery didn't seem to be in the slightest bit interested at the time, though of course it would be completely the opposite right now almost one year on!

I think there have been a minority of individuals who work in the NHS and the like who have taken advantage of a lot of the austerity measures of the past decade as justification for doing as little as possible, but I seem to recall from memory that some of them were already a bit lazy anyway throughout the 2000s when there was supposedly more funding available, particularly prior to the events of 2008-09.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    Wobblehead, GP's have been in hiding over here since last March and unfortunately we have a prime minister who says he is guided by the science, but chooses to ignore it for a few weeks time again until it's to late.
    He's a bumbling buffoon!!!
    Johnson is NOT a buffoon - he knows perfectly well what he's doing. "Guided by the science" is another way of saying "We'll listen to it when it suits us but it also gives us someone to blame."

"Crass, self-serving racist narcissist that's way out of his depth" is a better description of Johnson.

There seems to be an odd pattern of cases jumping on Fridays ATM.

Today it's 55k vs 48k yesterday, last Friday (8th Jan) it was 68k vs 52 on Thursday (7th Jan).

I can't really get my head around the possible causes of the sudden jump in cases on Fridays in particular over the past couple of weeks and this week in particular it seems so random, as there have been no notable big events since New Year's Day and the whole of the UK has been in lockdown since Monday 4th Jan.

A real mystery!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Johnson is NOT a buffoon - he knows perfectly well what he's doing. "Guided by the science" is another way of saying "We'll listen to it when it suits us but it also gives us someone to blame."

"Crass, self-serving racist narcissist that's way out of his depth" is a better description of Johnson.
    He's a "self serving malevolent ahole" and a "pop it in the microwave meal Prime Minister" Full of shi*e, with no nutritional value, just an unremarkable turd waiting to happen!
    Last edited by BikerMatt; 15-01-21 at 17:31.

The worst thing is that people liken him to Churchill. I assume they mean the nodding dog in the adverts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    The worst thing is that people liken him to Churchill. I assume they mean the nodding dog in the adverts.
    All I see is Chris Tarrant on a come down!

One incoherent press conference after another!
    "Brr, serious face, something in Latin, cheeky smile, hold hands tightly infront of himself, British pluck, something about a Greek myth.... NHS..."

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    Wobblehead, GP's have been in hiding over here since last March and unfortunately we have a prime minister who says he is guided by the science, but chooses to ignore it for a few weeks time again until it's to late.
    He's a bumbling buffoon!!!
    I'd prefer it if he had been guided by common sense rather than by the science. Alas.....(a favourite word of his) science appears to have come up short and it's no good banging on about the vaccine now. Alack indeed of decisive leadership at a critical time He didn't sign up for this obviously but it's been a mess, Eton and otherwise. I hope he can make amends now and learn from the mistakes...No promises of "It'll all be over by....", no "Do please try to...if you can", no more "Great British Public" shite. Tighten up the loopholes and exemptions because people will find a way to carry on regardless because of their "mental health". Mental health has become the greatest excuse for non compliance sadly and it belittles what we go through on a daily basis.

You could sum him up in one word “ TOOL “ or two F**king tool , he stands behind his podium which lets face it should be stocks so we could throw fruit at him ideally tinned tomatoes ( at least this would lift the nations mood ) and he babbles on with a village idiot grin on his chubby chops and tells us his scientists have come up with something urgently scientific so we’ll wait a few days then maybe act upon the science well after Elvis has left the building been abroad then returned to the building for an encore with his duty free , he is truly a f**kwit and if he was born into a less well off family he’d be a dustmans apprentice at best , each time he drags his heels people die what other job could you do that and not go to prison . Ahhh that feels better , right time for Eastenders , anyone else noticed there is no covid in walford ? We should all go there although the crime rate seems quite high

I think Walford is still in Tier 1. Phil has threatened to get his baseball bat out if anyone shuts him down..or up. Danny Dyer has also threatened to do a panic attack impression if he gets furloughed and has to resort to The Wawl to earn his meagre crust.

Hard Times.but no doubt a Twist will be just around the corner?

Tiffany's leaving to try her luck in 'Ollywood when Covid is all over..

Well daughter is moving out, probably not the right thread but it'll do. I can hear laughing coming from her bedroom so that's a good sign? Mrs F is blaming me of course which was entirely predictable. I've been playing bad cop for too long while she lays in bed shovelling chocolate and sweets away behind a closed door.

Page 260 of 717 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360 ... LastLast

Thread Information