Page 298 of 717 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    We keep telling you Phil - WE DON'T KNOW
    Thanks but I need to weigh up the risks vs the vaccine or not having it to see what will happen. And if I can delay the vaccine if you miss it if it can be rebooked.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Another Daily Mail article someone 40 dying healthy of it seemingly you just get ill in days and it strikes you down. Yet another headline says 7% of the 100 thousand deaths were under 60. So what is the risk of dying vs a heart attack?

Obviously I am not keen to take the vaccine but may have to weigh up those who die of vaccine vs the virus vs no vaccine atall. So my question is how big a risk will covid be? Is the risk coming down or will it come down? How worried do I need to be? What would the dangers be of no vaccine? Should they not publish this data?
    Aren't you in your 30s Phil? Your risk of dying from covid is vanishingly small. I'm 55 so more likely to pop my clogs than you are.

The vaccine I don't have a clue. I haven't had one but my Dad has had the Pfizer vaccine three weeks ago. He's 91 and is doing fine. My wife however has epilepsy, crohns disease, type 2 diabetes and fibromyalgia. She's also very overweight. So I'm very afraid of her getting covid, but also afraid of her reaction to a vaccine as she has lowered immunity and is taking steroids for the crohns disease. I hope this gives you a little perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Aren't you in your 30s Phil? Your risk of dying from covid is vanishingly small. I'm 55 so more likely to pop my clogs than you are.

The vaccine I don't have a clue. I haven't had one but my Dad has had the Pfizer vaccine three weeks ago. He's 91 and is doing fine. My wife however has epilepsy, crohns disease, type 2 diabetes and fibromyalgia. She's also very overweight. So I'm very afraid of her getting covid, but also afraid of her reaction to a vaccine as she has lowered immunity and is taking steroids for the crohns disease. I hope this gives you a little perspective.
    Thanks my gran and dad are having it soon. I wonder if they are fine with it I might be as perhaps it’s like genetic in the family I have no idea. Sadly I will have to wait this one out and see what happens.

Thanks my gran and dad are having it soon. I wonder if they are fine with it I might be as perhaps it’s like genetic in the family I have no idea. Sadly I will have to wait this one out and see what happens.
    Or perhaps you could think; dad & gran are having it and at far greater risk than I am. Then when you see they are fine afterwards you could think how safe it is for those greater at risk.

Thanks but I need to weigh up the risks vs the vaccine or not having it to see what will happen. And if I can delay the vaccine if you miss it if it can be rebooked.
    If you take the vaccine, you have around a 90% chance of not developing symptoms if you encounter the virus.

If you don’t take the vaccine and encounter the virus, you’ll most likely develop mild symptoms. However, nobody is going to blow smoke up your ass. There is a real possibility of becoming seriously ill. It’s a small possibility, but a possibility nonetheless.

The fact of the matter remains that being vaccinated vastly reduces your own risk and that of you infecting others. Not being vaccinated leaves far too much to chance, in my opinion.

There are no guarantees with Covid, Phil. No matter how old/healthy you are. There are rare cases of people in their thirties with no health issues sadly dying. It has happened. It is a fact.

You are months away from being offered the opportunity of a vaccine so if you decide to be brave and face your fear of a needle you can assess just how effective a jab has turned out to be and whether there are any significant side effects if you are worried about this aspect

Another Daily Mail article someone 40 dying healthy of it seemingly you just get ill in days and it strikes you down. Yet another headline says 7% of the 100 thousand deaths were under 60. So what is the risk of dying vs a heart attack?

Obviously I am not keen to take the vaccine but may have to weigh up those who die of vaccine vs the virus vs no vaccine atall. So my question is how big a risk will covid be? Is the risk coming down or will it come down? How worried do I need to be? What would the dangers be of no vaccine? Should they not publish this data?
    Why people still continue to worship that rag (and others of its ilk) and take pretty much everything they spew out as gospel, is beyond me.

Not specifically referring to Phil, to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Well here he comes!!!

(Looks like he's just got out of bed there...)

Here is another for you Nora2E9489A0-EC83-4C26-81F7-275D39CBA5BB.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    There are no guarantees with Covid, Phil. No matter how old/healthy you are. There are rare cases of people in their thirties with no health issues sadly dying. It has happened. It is a fact.
    Rather like the 25 year old teacher reported upon yesterday.

Exactly, you need to do what you can to reduce the chances of you and your loved ones being affected in case you or they are one of the unlucky ones.

Page 298 of 717 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398 ... LastLast

Thread Information