Page 149 of 717 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249649 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    My daughter had a bad panic attack the first time she wore a mask but persevered and now can cope very nicely..I splashed out on some "designer" masks which are softer so these were more acceptable and looked prettier! She wants to do her bit too.

I hope you are ok where you live, Nora?..It must be much harder for you in the north west.
    We've been restricted for a few weeks now, and no sign in it changing according to the text I got this morning...

I've decided to have a break from the news over the next few days, though I will be continuing with the very same precautions until further notice.

If the worst comes to the worst, and we end up having no choice but to have a second nationwide lockdown, my view is that it might be easier for me this time round having already experienced it earlier in the year, so therefore, I know what (and not) to do and to expect.

My dad reckons that if it does end up happening (as an absolute last resort) it will probably be for just a fortnight max.

It will be known territory, Lencoboy and not on the same scale as what happened in March.

I think it's a good idea to take a break from the news because saturation will only increase anxiety and you won't gain reassurance from random facts and figures. Your dad sounds very supportive-far better to get that reassurance from him.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It will be known territory, Lencoboy and not on the same scale as what happened in March.

I think it's a good idea to take a break from the news because saturation will only increase anxiety and you won't gain reassurance from random facts and figures. Your dad sounds very supportive-far better to get that reassurance from him.
    Thanks for your kind words, Pulisa.

Nice that the vast majority on here are generally level-headed in spite of their own anxieties, unlike many other forums, which seem to be full of constant bile and venom, and not just over Covid, but other heavily politicised things like Brexit, austerity, the economy, crime, terrorism, kids today, etc. Know-it-alls galore.

Though on here, it's generally more laid back, thank god.

Always a bad thing to engage with keyboard warriors unless you enjoy that sort of thing. They probably don't get much attention in the real world.

Morons across the political spectrum unite!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...edium=referral

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Thanks for your kind words, Pulisa.

Nice that the vast majority on here are generally level-headed in spite of their own anxieties, unlike many other forums, which seem to be full of constant bile and venom, and not just over Covid, but other heavily politicised things like Brexit, austerity, the economy, crime, terrorism, kids today, etc. Know-it-alls galore.

Though on here, it's generally more laid back, thank god.
    You're one of the level headed ones Lencoboy. Look after yourself mate and keep safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I've decided to have a break from the news over the next few days, though I will be continuing with the very same precautions until further notice.
    A wise move: I'm doing the same. So no more BBC News channel, no more BBC website, no Radio 4.

On a positive note; I've just managed to get through two days back at work after six months - and there may be more to come.

That's a real achievement, PM and you should be congratulated for making that mental leap. I hope you felt as comfortable as possible and enjoyed being back. I hope you are able to continue at work if it's at all feasible and possible.

I don't bother with the news. I've got a vague idea of what's going on but that probably is the same for everyone including the so-called experts

Very gratifying to know that my comments made yesterday evening have struck a positive chord with many on here.

You're all correct in the sense that we shouldn't keep getting bogged down with all the endless news headlines, social media, etc, and take a break from them for a while, and continue to do what we do best whilst still following the necessary precautions.

There does seem to be two extremes of person with regards to this pandemic, one being the Covidiots who are totally disregarding all the official guidelines and in total denial over this pandemic, and the other, who seems to be blatantly hyping it up with endless Armageddon-type narratives, and of course riling everyone up on forums, social media, etc.

I and most others on here probably have the most 'middle ground' perspective on all of this. I know I have been guilty myself of saying stuff like 'Yikes, 4k cases now' the other day, but at the same time I was voicing my indignation at the so-called Covidiots of this country, who are IMO mostly to blame for the current upsurge in infection rates, and they will probably be amongst the first to gather en masse in central London to protest against a second nationwide lockdown if it happens, which would have been mostly self-inflicted simply because they refused point blank to stick to the rules, at the expense and inconvenience of us all.

Page 149 of 717 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249649 ... LastLast

Thread Information