Page 156 of 717 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256656 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Regarding this latest alleged panic buying saga, it's a sorry sign that many of the Covidiots have failed to learn from the original events earlier in the year, that there were no actual shortages of toilet rolls and the like, and the original nationwide lockdown didn't restrict us from essential shopping.

I'm still convinced there are other agendas at play here, as if many simply revel in all the drama and media hype, which no doubt fans the panic buying flames.

It does seem that many people are compelled to make a big drama out of nearly everything nowadays, with pack mentality ensuing. This year not only have we had this blasted pandemic, but we have had the mass protests on behalf of BLM and XR, whose basic principles I agree with, but not the OTT dramas and mob mentality involved.

I fear that we now live in a state of media anarchy (both social and conventional) and the 'proper' authorities have lost control.

In a nutshell, the media have now essentially become the govt!

I feel quite pleasantly surprised at today's case count, which is 6,042, whereas yesterday it was 6,874.

Many of us were heavily expecting today's case count to be over 7k, though might still happen at some point over the coming days. Cases have continued their upward trend in Wales, Scotland and NI, but down in England (by 1,084).

Today's UK-wide deaths remain fairly stable (34), yesterday 35, and Thursday 40.

My city dropped off the watchlist yesterday which is good news. The numbers still aren't great but time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Does that contact mean an actual time and date for the assessment or is it and introductory letter from the team explaining their role and what happens at the assessment? I really hope it's the former, Terry..
    It's an appointment for them to come here so it should be the initial assessment. We had a letter months ago but it was just the Covid foboff. Nothing about what they do as it was a phone call booking but maybe we will get a confirmation letter. Thanks for caring

Piers Corbyn, David Icke and assorted loons at it again...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...edium=referral

The headline should probably be "Met grow a pair...finally."

Even at a time of national crisis where these groups are likely unconsciously spreading a virus we still have to let them have their liberty. I think Pamplemousse was right about how idiots just evolve.

If we are having lockdowns why isn't woke central halting mass demos? Rule of 6 my arse. How do you think they all travel there & back?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Piers Corbyn, David Icke and assorted loons at it again...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...edium=referral

The headline should probably be "Met grow a pair...finally."

Even at a time of national crisis where these groups are likely unconsciously spreading a virus we still have to let them have their liberty. I think Pamplemousse was right about how idiots just evolve.

If we are having lockdowns why isn't woke central halting mass demos? Rule of 6 my arse. How do you think they all travel there & back?
    You all are following in our footsteps... Remember when that happened here?

It's an appointment for them to come here so it should be the initial assessment. We had a letter months ago but it was just the Covid foboff. Nothing about what they do as it was a phone call booking but maybe we will get a confirmation letter. Thanks for caring
    I really hope it's not just an introductory meeting to talk about what will happen at the initial assessment but that's just me being cynical..At least they are actually coming in person and having some "action" instead of the promise of action in the future is always a huge step in the right direction!

My city dropped off the watchlist yesterday which is good news. The numbers still aren't great but time will tell.
    Well that's good Terry.

Even my dad now seems to believe that there are elements of hype over the current CV situation, as he believes the govt have shares in many of the private firms doing the testing and other measures, and they must have some kind of money-making agendas, whilst at the same time him partly agreeing with what I told him about Dr JC's recent opinions concerning the authorities not making songs and dancing over other illnesses/issues that are far more frequent and deadlier than Covid 19, both now and before this year.

I know I'll probably get shot down in flames and be accused of being a Covid denier/Covidiot over what I just said above, but do I try to be as impartial, 'on the fence' and as reasonable as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    You all are following in our footsteps... Remember when that happened here?
    Pack mentality.

Monkey see, monkey do!

Same with the grand toilet roll mania that started in Australia then rapidly spread worldwide, due to someone obviously with a bit of a screw loose spreading misinformation/fake news.

Just demonstrates how rumours instigated by just one or two persons can quickly escalate into damaging hysterical contagion worldwide, even if they might not initially had been intentional.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 27-09-20 at 10:36.

Speaking of footsteps:

https://twitter.com/ariroberts/statu...45003208884225

Usual caveat - it's Twitter.

Page 156 of 717 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256656 ... LastLast

Thread Information