Page 52 of 717 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Mel Smith and Gryff Rhys Jones on the 1985 FA Cup final...

Smith - first you've got yer Everton, well oiled, precision tool. That's yer Everton.

Jones - right yea

Smith - Manchester United, a legend, legend.

Jones - right...yea. What so they don't exist?

Smith - no course they exist, course they exist.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    The WHO declared it a global pandemic after the $100 million cash injection from the Gates foundation. You seem to be completely ignoring this obvious conflict of interest. Imperial College London is heavily funded by Bill Gates as well. It was after that when the lockdown downs were enforced in countries around the world who followed advice from WHO.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...cts-of-intere/

On March 11, one day after Business Insider reported how Gates had been pushing for a WHO declaration of pandemic on the coronavirus — one day after Gates announced the infusion of millions of dollars into a WHO-partnered venture called COVID-19 Therapeutics Accelerator, that dangled the prospect of putting more regulatory powers into the hands of the global elitists — one day after that, WHO’s director-general made an interesting announcement.
    The problem is that despite glaring conflicts of interest like these, Gary will not accept this as having anything to do with the WHO changing their stance and subsequent global events. It's all coincidence and simply how events unfolded. The rest is conspiracy hogwash

It is no secret that Gates is a massive WHO contributor (after the US) and wants to save the world from this "deadly" pandemic by having us all vaccinated.

Never Surrender, Comrade

So I thought I'd share my worries and stress over what's taking place. It goes along with much of what has been said on this thread.

I'm in essential services. I'm fortunate I'm working and the company is making every effort to keep us safe both physically and financially. That said, the political divide in the US plays a role in how we react to the situation.

The current administration has used this crisis to divide as opposed to unite. Take masks for instance. It's as if wearing a mask makes you a democrat and not wearing a mask is synonymous with a red hat. This couldn't be more evident than in my workplace. We actually had an office quarantine the entire staff because they were exposed! My manager's grandmother has the virus and is not expected to make it. Granted, she's 93 but still! Add to that the social unrest and you have a boiling cauldron of stress and worries. While I'm fortunate to live in an area that's not been heavily affected by the turmoil, cases and deaths are rising. We're approaching 2 million cases and 110,000 deaths in the US. The economy is in tatters. Businesses large and small are closing and going bankrupt. There are over 40 MILLION unemployed and the most social unrest I've seen in my lifetime.

We have signage that asks customers wear a mask. Most do but some don't. We are "required" to wear a mask while in the office and practice social distancing but its just not happening. I've escalated this issue to management several times and while they're trying, its just not enough. I constantly see my fellow team members ignoring the rules. Some don't wear the mask and others wear it with their nose exposed etc. That's like wearing underwear or a bra and letting your parts hang out of them! You might as well not wear it if that's what you're going to do!

I'm high risk as is my wife. This issue is stressing the shit out of me! I leave work mentally and physically exhausted! I'm "this close" to escalating this to corporate but I don't want to risk my job, especially during these times. To add to all the stress, my wife and I are in the process of buying the home we've rented for the last 9 years. It's all going smoothly but still, its stressful!

The solution is simple... management crack the whip and make it happen but I have my reservations that will happen.

Trying to keep....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

FMP. Take it easy. Make sure you take care of you. If you need to talk or vent, you know I'm here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    So I thought I'd share my worries and stress over what's taking place. It goes along with much of what has been said on this thread.

I'm in essential services. I'm fortunate I'm working and the company is making every effort to keep us safe both physically and financially. That said, the political divide in the US plays a role in how we react to the situation.

The current administration has used this crisis to divide as opposed to unite. Take masks for instance. It's as if wearing a mask makes you a democrat and not wearing a mask is synonymous with a red hat. This couldn't be more evident than in my workplace. We actually had an office quarantine the entire staff because they were exposed! My manager's grandmother has the virus and is not expected to make it. Granted, she's 93 but still! Add to that the social unrest and you have a boiling cauldron of stress and worries. While I'm fortunate to live in an area that's not been heavily affected by the turmoil, cases and deaths are rising. We're approaching 2 million cases and 110,000 deaths in the US. The economy is in tatters. Businesses large and small are closing and going bankrupt. There are over 40 MILLION unemployed and the most social unrest I've seen in my lifetime.

We have signage that asks customers wear a mask. Most do but some don't. We are "required" to wear a mask while in the office and practice social distancing but its just not happening. I've escalated this issue to management several times and while they're trying, its just not enough. I constantly see my fellow team members ignoring the rules. Some don't wear the mask and others wear it with their nose exposed etc. That's like wearing underwear or a bra and letting your parts hang out of them! You might as well not wear it if that's what you're going to do!

I'm high risk as is my wife. This issue is stressing the shit out of me! I leave work mentally and physically exhausted! I'm "this close" to escalating this to corporate but I don't want to risk my job, especially during these times. To add to all the stress, my wife and I are in the process of buying the home we've rented for the last 9 years. It's all going smoothly but still, its stressful!

The solution is simple... management crack the whip and make it happen but I have my reservations that will happen.

Trying to keep....

Positive thoughts
    That sounds very tough FMP. As you’re high risk does your company not risk assess you differently?

The US is a scary place right now. The only unifier seems to be how upset people are - and rightly so. I hope it settles down soon and I wish you & your family well. Stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post

Trying to keep....

Positive thoughts
    Goodness me FMP, that's a lot to take in, and on.

This mask business in particular seems to have fallen victim - in the case of your president, at least - to a case of 'toxic masculinity'. Our current NHS guidelines suggest wearing a mask whilst in shops and similar enclosed spaces. And if you saw the ridiculous spectacle of our so-called Parliamentarians queuing to vote because the ridiculous Jacob Rees-Mogg can't handle technology and thus expects MPs to present themselves in person to vote - a move which very much favours his party, by the way - you'll notice none of them are wearing masks. They voted to retain this 16th century behaviour, by the way - I suspect it's because party whips are fearful that they have no influence over online voting.

Yesterday I went to the chemists to pick up a prescription, and buy some meat. I noticed an older person in the butcher's - no mask. I'm not going to condemn them though.

Having heard several tales of failure to 'social distance' at my former workplace, although I have recently been offered a lot of work that would be a very welcome boost to my personal finances (I fell through the government safety net in the UK for diverse reasons) I have declined it, simply because I do not trust some of my colleagues to behave in a sensible manner. Better poor than dead. The dispensing chemist feels I've made the right decision.

Speaking of conflicts of interest, the WHO certainly are a mixed up bunch. Yes, they’re funded largely by Bill Gates, but you know who else they’re largely funded by? China. The US.

By declaring a global pandemic, they put China on the chopping block. By withholding a declaration of a global pandemic and downplaying the effects of the virus, they condemned the US, amongst other nations, to suffer with inadequate preparation for the arrival of it. This has now led to the US completely ending their association with the WHO.

So, you’re both telling me that Gates is so powerful, so influential, that he can persuade the WHO to stop cow-towing to China, about turn on their stance and subsequently throw them under a bus? You reckon that he can persuade them to risk losing funding from the US? Gates is so all conquering that the WHO would put their relationship with him above the worlds two biggest superpowers? Seriously?

This isn’t even conspiracy nonsense, it’s just nonsense. There are absolutely glaring holes in both of your stories but neither of you are interested. It’s all about connecting dots and arriving at some James Bond villain plot line.

The US ended it's association with the WHO, since when? I hope you're not taking what Trump says seriously. This is the same guy who talked about disbanding NATO. There is a election coming up so Trump is galvanising his base by targeting WHO and China. When you start thinking beyond the daily theatrics of world politics then you might just start figuring things out.

Thanks for the replies. On a positive note, I'm being recognized by the company for helping the team and customers. My wife has been busy making masks for friends and family. I took some into work and keep them in my desk. We have a woman that comes and cleans twice a day and I gave her one and the other day, I've had customers say they've been trying to buy masks but they're very difficult to find. I've given out several in the last couple of weeks.

The manager caught wind of this and mentioned it to corporate. I got e-cards from the president and several others in upper management praising my dedication to keeping everyone safe. They even took a photo yesterday with the masks spread out on my desk and apparently I'll be featured in the company e-newsletter

Look, wearing them sucks. Its harder to breath and not exactly comfortable but it's not a political issue. Its common sense, decency and respect for one another.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    This isn’t even conspiracy nonsense, it’s just nonsense. There are absolutely glaring holes in both of your stories but neither of you are interested. It’s all about connecting dots and arriving at some James Bond villain plot line.
    You are, if anything, predictable!

China's contribution to the WHO is tiny and in keeping with an insular communist regime. Both the B&M Gates Foundation and GAVI Alliance (another Gates funded entity pushing vaccines on the developing world) contribute as much as the US. Funding could easily be increased to cover that of the US but Trump is both mercurial as well as narcissistic and his posturing on the world stage today has little bearing on how it will be in the future. Furthermore, there is a US election this year and events could easily change, especially in the current climate of riots.

The rest of your post is just an angry diatribe on how events cannot possibly be any different to how you perceive them.

I personally think your consistent obfuscation, rationalisation and evasion of major conflicts of interest reflects a total lack of critical thinking which you frequently like to "bang on" about.

Feel free to ignore such "nonsense" in future

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 52 of 717 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast

Thread Information