Page 150 of 717 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250650 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Thanks, Pulisa.

It hasn't been without difficulties mentally and my personal internal Covid clock is now ticking, but the person I was working with has been incredibly considerate of my position and feelings.

I'd be happy with just a day or two a week - enough to keep the wolves from the door. And if I can stay sane, healthy and clear my credit card debt too so much the better.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 20-09-20 at 11:35.

Well our local Morrisons supermarket have now reinstated marshals in the main entrance/exit lobby, one-way systems and special checkout queuing systems, and thank god they have, as I thought most supermarkets were a bit premature in ditching such measures around July-early August IIRC.

Hopefully all the other supermarkets will also be following suit, or might already be doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Thanks, Pulisa.

It hasn't been without difficulties mentally and my personal internal Covid clock is now ticking, but the person I was working with has been incredibly considerate of my position and feelings.

I'd be happy with just a day or two a week - enough to keep the wolves from the door. And if I can stay sane, healthy and clear my credit card debt too so much the better.
    It sounds like a good option, PM. You'll probably benefit overall from having such a balance and if you have consideration in the workplace then so much the better. Not everyone is an inconsiderate idiot and people do care about others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Well our local Morrisons supermarket have now reinstated marshals in the main entrance/exit lobby, one-way systems and special checkout queuing systems, and thank god they have, as I thought most supermarkets were a bit premature in ditching such measures around July-early August IIRC.

Hopefully all the other supermarkets will also be following suit, or might already be doing so.
    Waitrose have been fantastic and nothing has changed since March. I go shopping regularly and feel completely safe there. I wouldn't go anywhere else and am very lucky that it is my local supermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Waitrose have been fantastic and nothing has changed since March. I go shopping regularly and feel completely safe there. I wouldn't go anywhere else and am very lucky that it is my local supermarket.
    Hopefully if all the major supermarkets are now starting to reinstate these measures it should ultimately serve as a timely warning to the serial Covidiots of this country, that is, obey the rules or there will be serious consequences, e.g, a second nationwide lockdown, meaning mass disruption and inconvenience for us all, not forgetting even further cases and inadvertently, deaths.

Hopefully if all the major supermarkets are now starting to reinstate these measures it should ultimately serve as a timely warning to the serial Covidiots of this country, that is, obey the rules or there will be serious consequences, e.g, a second nationwide lockdown, meaning mass disruption and inconvenience for us all, not forgetting even further cases and inadvertently, deaths.
    Not here; in fact, Morrisons seemed to have edged closer to the "good old days" when I was up there today. Of the supermarkets I use, M&S has never used marshalls or one-way systems and neither would it seem does my nearest Waitrose.

Sadly, where I live has recorded three new cases - the first in over three months :(

I'm having a quiet shilling on a two-week lockdown during half term. It's now got an imbecilic three-word slogan after all.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It sounds like a good option, PM. You'll probably benefit overall from having such a balance and if you have consideration in the workplace then so much the better. Not everyone is an inconsiderate idiot and people do care about others.
    I'm hoping so. Some are going into a massive 'CYA' mode, others are more flexible and supportive. It's just I'm an old man in a young industry which is not helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I'm hoping so. Some are going into a massive 'CYA' mode, others are more flexible and supportive. It's just I'm an old man in a young industry which is not helpful.
    An "old man" (your words) with a wealth of experience who is valued and respected.

You're very kind Pulisa, but it's a sad truth.

Hopefully. You're absolutely right about them decreasing measures far too early. Another example of profit first. I couldn't believe how fast the one way systems disappeared and they cost little.

At my local Tesco most of the floor staff are wearing masks for the first time this year. They are catching on...

Page 150 of 717 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250650 ... LastLast

Thread Information