Page 440 of 717 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490540 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I'd be curious to see a more detailed demographic of those 50-74yo. Location and political leaning in particular. Speaking of IPAs though..... I don't know if you can get it in the UK but a craft brewery here called 'Heavy Seas' makes one called 'Double Cannon Double IPA' and it's a killer brew! An IPA hoppy bite and WAY too drinkable for being 9.5% ABV. One... maybe two at the most and you're more than good!

Positive thoughts
    Most of these brews are a cure for Covid on their own, or if they're not, you won't care anyway... https://www.brewdog.com/uk/worlds-strongest-beer

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Free cup first jab? Free coffee in it second jab?

I had a free Costa coffee on account of being served by an incredibly rude barista - because I hadn't answered her fast enough said, 'Oh, I'll just talk to myself then'. I don't have the capacity to mouth off verbally in front of strangers, so I just seethed my way to a table, but needless to say my fingers hit the laptop keyboard as soon as I got home and I got an apology and free coffee!

Re incentive to get jabbed? I'm already double-jabbed but should I have required incentive other than moral one then a signed piccy of Tom Hardy lookin' moody would have done nicely.

I'm sure you were drinking decaff, Nora?!! I hope they got "shot" of that offensive barista before she could spread any more bile amongst her customers.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I hope they got "shot" of that offensive barista before she could spread any more bile amongst her customers.
    Don't know P. I've never used that Costa since!

I'm deaf in one ear and normally I'd have missed it? But this particular day I happened to be wearing my deaf aid, so I heard her clearly. Gobby mare!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I'd be curious to see a more detailed demographic of those 50-74yo. Location and political leaning in particular. Speaking of IPAs though..... I don't know if you can get it in the UK but a craft brewery here called 'Heavy Seas' makes one called 'Double Cannon Double IPA' and it's a killer brew! An IPA hoppy bite and WAY too drinkable for being 9.5% ABV. One... maybe two at the most and you're more than good!

Positive thoughts
    I'll see your Double Cannon and raise you Hopshackle Brewery Restoration 2011 - listed in the book "300 beers to try before you die". I'm very partial to the same brewery's Double Momentum (also in the same book).

Duvel triple hop Citra, 9.5% ABV Belgian IPA. If you want to drink rocket fuel but feel like you’re drinking a light ale, this is genuinely the one for you. I’ve gotten into more craft beers and ales over the past year, one good thing to come out of this lockdown I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Duvel triple hop Citra, 9.5% ABV Belgian IPA. If you want to drink rocket fuel but feel like you’re drinking a light ale, this is genuinely the one for you. I’ve gotten into more craft beers and ales over the past year, one good thing to come out of this lockdown I suppose.
    I miss real ale.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm sure you were drinking decaff, Nora?!! I hope they got "shot" of that offensive barista before she could spread any more bile amongst her customers.
    Jab perks? Wouldn’t even consider for a million pounds. Blackmailing to get the jab isn’t a good policy.

Somebody's feeling militant today, I see...

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Jab perks? Wouldn’t even consider for a million pounds. Blackmailing to get the jab isn’t a good policy.
    Neither is refusing a preventative medication designed to combat the worst public health issue in a generation, but each to their own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Neither is refusing a preventative medication designed to combat the worst public health issue in a generation, but each to their own I guess.
    "Typhoid Phil" has a nice ring to it, I think.

Page 440 of 717 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490540 ... LastLast

Thread Information