Page 453 of 717 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455463503553 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Ok so it transmits more so that’s why Scotland has same cases as October pre jab. I just don't get how it comes after 20% unvaccinated and it can create same number of cases? And what about the next variant Terry this thing mutates all the time. People will need yearly jabs. Like I am struggling to feel we can get back to lower cases again it’s all making me very anxious like lockdown days it feels like it never ends. Open up air travel Indian variant goes to America they struggle again?
    It's reasonable to suggest vaccination will be needed for a few years. The problem is a global one so a lot of chains have to be broken.

It might just be a yearly flu jab thing. Something we don't think much about but in this case may have to.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    In 2012 Bolton Wanderers footballer Fabrice Muamba collapsed on the pitch due to cardiac arrest. Covid vaccine responsible? In 1990 David Longhurst collapsed and died of a heart attack while playing for York City. Covid vaccine? In fact a lad Mrs F knew died aged 23 while playing amateur football in the 80s. Covid vaccine again? How many footballers are running around right now 'not' having heart attacks? Instead of using Christian Eriksen's awful collapse and hospitalisation as a launchpad for distasteful speculation and CT nonsense, how about we wish him a good recovery? Is that too much to ask?
    Add to that the marathon runners and elite athletes. I remember reading (this may be out of date now) how they suspected the overtraining of cardio without weight work, humans depend on a certain amount, could lead to a weakness.

So 80,000 cases by July

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cinations.html

By then 90% prob have had a first dose. Really don’t understand how it can spread in such a small percentage of the population and be higher than January.
    Worth noting something here:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...id-cases-in-uk

According to the report, since the start of February to 7 June, there were 33,206 Delta cases in England: while 19,573 were in unvaccinated individuals, 1,785 were among fully vaccinated people and 7,559 were among those who had received one jab, with the vaccination status of the remainder unclear.

In total, 383 people in England were admitted to hospital with the Delta variant over that period – 223 of whom tested positive for Covid before turning up at A&E – with 42 having had two doses of the jab, 86 having one dose and 251 unvaccinated.

Of the 42 deaths recorded in England within 28 days of a positive test involving the Delta variant, 23 were in unvaccinated people, with 12 among those who were fully vaccinated and seven among people who had had one dose.
    That's shows vaccination is working. Much smaller numbers are getting Covid and hospitalisations are low. Deaths even lower.

Also worth noting the explanation for higher than normal positive rates.

Also worth noting the revised report by Warwick does suggest the VOC E+LH projection for hospitalisations might be likely with vaccination. This takes it below the 4k a day admissions that the media are reporting.

It was Daily Mail UK.

The Daily Mail = Sensationalist Shite Rag (with numerous non-stories of Z list half naked 'celebs' doing power lunges in the middle of the road)

Today's front page news. BORIS TO APPEAL TO THE NATION NOT TO LYNCH HIM WHEN HE DELAYS FREEDOM BY FOUR WEEKS IN ORDER TO KEEP THOUSANDS OUT OF HOSPITAL! (not actual headline, but words to that effect)

Second story - Furlough will NOT be extended.

Third- Kate and Orlando enjoy a boat ride in Venice.

Not to mention the notorious 'side-bar' where there are numerous gratuitous bikini shots, but not one picture of Tom Hardy in a pair of budgie smugglers!

But the best story of all is Mel C who is 'shocked' after seeing her own Spice Girls merch on Ebay starting on a 99p bid!!! Oh no!

The best way to sum up The Daily Mail is via Urban Dictionary...

"The only brand of toilet paper that, when used, leaves more shit on you than when you started."

I'm sure there will soon be a degree course in Daily Mailese "journalism".

Still, people actually buy it so it's obviously an entertaining read. The health section is particularly helpful for all things HA-related. The grislier the better.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm sure there will soon be a degree course in Daily Mailese "journalism".

Still, people actually buy it so it's obviously an entertaining read. The health section is particularly helpful for all things HA-related. The grislier the better.
    It's certainly entertaining - but people with severe cases of HA shouldn't go near it. It's too triggering. The Daily Mail should come with a mental health warning...

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post

The Daily Mail = Sensationalist Shite Rag (with numerous non-stories of Z list half naked 'celebs' doing power lunges in the middle of the road)

Today's front page news. BORIS TO APPEAL TO THE NATION NOT TO LYNCH HIM WHEN HE DELAYS FREEDOM BY FOUR WEEKS IN ORDER TO KEEP THOUSANDS OUT OF HOSPITAL! (not actual headline, but words to that effect)

Second story - Furlough will NOT be extended.

Third- Kate and Orlando enjoy a boat ride in Venice.

Not to mention the notorious 'side-bar' where there are numerous gratuitous bikini shots, but not one picture of Tom Hardy in a pair of budgie smugglers!

But the best story of all is Mel C who is 'shocked' after seeing her own Spice Girls merch on Ebay starting on a 99p bid!!! Oh no!

The best way to sum up The Daily Mail is via Urban Dictionary...

"The only brand of toilet paper that, when used, leaves more shit on you than when you started."
    I would much rather wipe my bum with the infamous and much-derided Izal toilet paper that has commonly been used in school toilets over the years than the Daily Fail (or The Scum or the Daily Depress for that matter)!

In fact, I wouldn't even want to use it to line a cat's litter tray or a rabbit hutch with, as such pets deserve far better to crap on!

Burn it, toss it into hell!

Ditto for the other two sh1terags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Dignity goes out the window when there’s money to be made. The prominent anti-vaxxers, like the sleazeball Andrew Wakefield, are making absolute fortunes from this.

I often chuckle to myself when seeing people sharing anti-vaxxer propaganda on social media referring to people as “sheep just doing what you’re told”, all the while literally doing what they’re told by scum like Wakefield and making his bank balance expand further. Biggest bloody sheep of them all those folk.
    That slimy barsteward Andrew Wakefield should be jailed or sectioned for life IMO.

Not only is he risking people's lives with his poxy antivaxx BS propaganda, but also stigmatising those with ASD all the more and bringing said condition into even further disrepute!

The prevalence of ASD hasn't declined since 1998 when he first started his lousy corrupt campaign. He is obviously a fanatical Autie-hater!

I don't think he hates autistic people. I think he saw autism as a wonderful business opportunity and a chance to further his career.

He did so much damage re the MMR uptake and took advantage of vulnerable parents desperate to do the right thing for their children and eager to suck up "knowledge" from any source.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I don't think he hates autistic people. I think he saw autism as a wonderful business opportunity and a chance to further his career.

He did so much damage re the MMR uptake and took advantage of vulnerable parents desperate to do the right thing for their children and eager to suck up "knowledge" from any source.
    Yes, it was his misguided scaremongering BS that put gullible parents off getting their kids jabbed with the MMR vaccine. Plus a sizeable proportion of those parents have no doubt been the ones most prejudiced against ASD.

And said conspiracy theories are sadly still going strong today despite superior evidence to the contrary.

I bet there's many antivaxxers and conspiracy theorists who are longing to hear the hypothetical revelations that the Delta variant is resistant to all Covid vaccines, if only so they can say 'I told you so'!

Page 453 of 717 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455463503553 ... LastLast

Thread Information