Page 43 of 717 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143543 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

You’re such a cheerful soul Hollow. Spreading positivity wherever you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some countries have had lower suicide numbers during lockdown!!

I don’t know why YouTube would bother banning him, he says absolutely nothing of note.

He reads documents out aloud without sharing where he acquired them and who wrote them. He could have been reading something he scribbled himself on the back of a cigarette paper, for all we know.

Furthermore, his claims that behavioural scientists advised government to put forward the message of high risk to people is absolutely not surprising. We all recall the early attitudes toward this virus, how it was an “old persons disease” and would only affect you if you were immunosuppressed. That all might be true but what he fails to mention is that the idea of pushing personal risk was to slow the spread.

I also like how he constantly refers to this virus as a “flu” when any self respecting doctor would know that coronaviruses are not influenza viruses. As ever, his contention that this virus is no more dangerous than seasonal flu is explained away by saying that the government is manipulating the numbers. He gives no evidence for this, he just says they are and that’s it.

Perhaps this “doctor” would like to explain why the excess deaths in the UK alone have been higher on average in every month of this year so far than preceding years. Perhaps he could explain why a government is deliberately locking down the country and then, in his own words, says that our economy will collapse and take us back decades. Please “doctor”, explain why any government would want to do that?

What we have here is a bit of a delusion of grandeur as he constantly makes reference to how right he is about everything. The need for a lockdown is a debatable topic but I would like to know how guys like him can say that we didn’t need one based on data that only became apparent after 2 months of lockdown. Isn’t it fair to say that those numbers of cases and deaths would be far different with no lockdown? Again, that’s debatable, but I fail to see how anyone can be patting themselves on the back and calling themselves correct right now.

Nothing this man says is in any way groundbreaking, and if you think it is then you should really get your critical thinking skills in check.

However... certain cities in the UK are reportedly seeing the R value at around 1.6, and in some quarters it is being suggested that the NHS is being alerted to expect the second wave during July, and funeral directors are being told to prepare for mass body storage in August. Certainly the behaviour of people just over the weekend is going to produce some "interesting" results over the next four weeks.

The meaningless Government infographic showing the five stages has us simultaneously at stages 1 to 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    However... certain cities in the UK are reportedly seeing the R value at around 1.6, and in some quarters it is being suggested that the NHS is being alerted to expect the second wave during July, and funeral directors are being told to prepare for mass body storage in August. Certainly the behaviour of people just over the weekend is going to produce some "interesting" results over the next four weeks.

The meaningless Government infographic showing the five stages has us simultaneously at stages 1 to 4.
    I’ve said it before, we need to start looking at things more regionally than countrywide. If you live in an area, Newcastle, for talking sake, that has an R value of one then surely that area shouldn’t be treated the same as, say, London, which has a rating of 0.4.

The Government infographic suggests that lockdown should return if regions are higher than 1. Yet I don't see any sign of that, do you? This is ALL being done to protect Cummings.

Johnson wanted to be a fun Prime Minister and instead he's had to take responsibility - something his privileged arse has never had to do before. Now he clearly wants out but is being made to own his shit. If he lasts until Christmas before the 1922 Committee replace him I'll be surprised.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 01-06-20 at 11:49. Reason: Correction of syntax/grammar

Did I read this correctly? Sex with someone outside your household is illegal in the UK during the lock down?? Seriously?
    If so, how the heck is that going to be enforced?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yep, that's correct. "Britain Trump", as your president called him, is just making it up as he goes along.

The big problem we in the UK have is that our current government was elected on a premise of "Get Brexit Done". Dom loves these three-word slogans, it's as long as most people can hold their attention in this country. Once they were elected, the cabinet was made up purely of Brexit sycophants and anyone with any discernible talent was sidelined or expelled from the party.

Now, we have quite possibly the most talentless government imaginable in charge of us, completely incapable of handling the crisis before us because they're basically a bunch of dimwits churned out by public schools and Oxford University. The most stupid members of the UK bought into the message that they were anti-"elites" and "of the people", whilst all of them having been born with a silver spoon in their mouth - very much of the "elite" they claim not to be. Take away Johnson's background and he behaves like the "feckless scum" the tabloids love to have a routine two minute hate of. No attention span, multiple children with multiple women, he doesn't even know how many kids he has.

Look also at your own country, and Brazil: look at their leaders, and who has the worst record on this virus on the planet.

Mind you, I understood that back in the 1990s oral sex was illegal in GA...
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 01-06-20 at 12:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Did I read this correctly? Sex with someone outside your household is illegal in the UK during the lock down?? Seriously?
    If so, how the heck is that going to be enforced?

Positive thoughts
    Apparently you can be fined £100 lowered to £50 if paid within 14 days.

I don’t see it specifically pertaining to having sex with someone, more that being in a home or staying overnight in another household.

It’s impossible to enforce but they have to try something.

Meanwhile, in another act of insanity enforced by that cretin Rees-Mogg:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...metre-22119390

No wonder this country is a laughing stock.

Page 43 of 717 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143543 ... LastLast

Thread Information