Page 377 of 717 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427477 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Now we've got the double mutant Indian variant in the UK.
    Yeah, I was reading that this am, concerning - or maybe concerning - as the article said they were 'watching' and 'testing' to see if it could evade the immune system, how transmissible it was and if more severe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I think this has become a bit muddled here so let me try to be a bit more clear, maybe I’ve worded it wrong or something. Pain has made the point that folk are too afraid to post certain queries for fear of being labelled with certain derogatory things.

My point is that yes, maybe folk don’t want to be involved in conflict so they avoid it, but to say they’re doing so for fear of reprisal and of being labelled a CT artist or whatever is an attempt to place the blame on one side without considering that in 99.9% of these cases, the aggro is caused by someone genuinely trying to upset people with untruths and misinformation.

I’m not saying people are hesitant to post due to conflict, but to say it’s purely down to folk labelling people as nutters or CT artists is disingenuous and an accusation with no evidence to back it.

FMP, my thoughts are with you. I’m sure your daughter will be fine.
    I'm afraid I can't agree with that. Aggro has been a two way thing and there are threads where the anti vaxxer trouble maker hasn't even been involved where some comments have been made that have caused Admin to step in before any possible retaliation.

I agree about the lack of evidence for labelling but I think, given the mood of the forum, it might be a perception. Only those taking that stance can explain their reasoning, and I don't know them, but I maintain it's a possibility. As you say, labelling has occurred with those who are trying to stir.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 16-04-21 at 16:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    It is very bizarre.

They say one thing one minute then say the opposite the next.

Sounds like Trudeau has been jumping to conclusions (possibly to cover his and his govt's own backsides) by prematurely proclaiming that the UK is now entering a 'third wave'.

Yes, cases may very well start edging up again over the coming days/weeks owing to the latest easements, but hopefully within manageable levels and also not manifesting in a full-on third wave.
    That's what his political opponents have said. He was trying to make a valid point about continuation of other safety precautions, and I don't agree with assertions that vaccination isn't the way out because it sounds like he is thinking it's lockdowns forever, and created some fake news.

He made a right plonker of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    Strange.
    Tonights news is sayiing you're doing great.
    Who really knows?
    Maybe a case of reporting off the back of someone else's incorrect report? You know how some love to point at others, many of ours certainly do.

Or just a shite reporter...loads of those over here

UPDATE: Just spoke to my daughter and she looks, sounds and feels a little better than she did yesterday. Taking the meds and resting as much as possible. They're both still really hurting but the meds are doing their job.

Thanks again for the positive thoughts.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

That’s good news FMP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I'm afraid I can't agree with that. Aggro has been a two way thing and there are threads where the anti vaxxer trouble maker hasn't even been involved where some comments have been made that have caused Admin to step in before any possible retaliation.
    Ok, well I haven’t seen that and I’m quite willing to be corrected. Are there any examples you could give me because I’m genuinely curious as to why that should happen and I have to agree, it really shouldn’t be happening.

I agree about the lack of evidence for labelling but I think, given the mood of the forum, it might be a perception.
    As I said above, I could think of dozens of reasons why people would avoid this forum. Factor in the anxiety aspect of it and I genuinely don’t know how you can avoid certain folk wanting to avoid it. Stop debating, stop the “aggro”, you’d probably still have folk saying they want to avoid it due to a certain member or subject matter they find upsetting.

I guess a more concise way of saying it is that you can’t please everyone, especially on a forum where so many people suffer with so many variants of anxiety issues.

Yep, there will always be triggering subject matter regardless. No way to avoid that without barely talking about anything.

For an example, look to a post from Venus in the last few days. To be honest I really don't want to be too specific in case it does reignite anything. I guess a safer example (might) be phil who wasn't anti vaxxer but drew a lot of negativity to threads even when he was following the law but it's not exactly what I was thinking (and I'm aware his posting style does invite it) and has since backed away from the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Mr A... My original question referred to “questioners” – those that question in search of answers, and if they should be ridiculed or intimidated for asking questions, sometimes awkward ones.

Patently, those who make wild and utterly insupportable statements and disseminate dangerous misinformation aren’t obviously looking for anything other than trouble. I’ve tried to engage personally with some of these folks – to understand their motivation – but I’m struggling, so far, to comprehend their reasoning.

However, returning to those folks who are clearly disturbed by certain aspects of a situation (Covid in this instance) but who can only make a statement – provocative, wrong or fatuous – to express their thoughts; they may be seeking answers, even though they haven’t asked a question. By shouting in their face that they are wrong doesn’t help; in fact it may go some way to reinforcing their fears. I think this has happened very recently on NMP. Anyone who witnessed this behaviour may feel as I do: shocked and saddened. Am I being oversensitive and naïve? Quite possibly.

In many past posts I could have been fairly described as being provocative and facetious… perhaps even supercilious (and I may be so yet again) but I deeply regret some of the stuff I’ve posted. But I sincerely hope I never intimidated anyone. If I did, I apologise.

As an aside, regarding conspiracy theories: I’m sometimes intrigued by them – how they’ve been arrived at and whether they contain any sort of substantial fact. Mostly they are wall-to-wall balderdash supported by tosh, and I look into them no further. But very occasionally one comes along that might have a nugget of something worthy of exploration buried deep within. When this rarity occurs, an open mind is quite useful.

Pulisa… Oui, absolutement! Debate, yes. Argument, probably. Row and bother, non!
    Hardly surprising the Digital Spy forum has now mostly gone south!

I guess a safer example (might) be phil who wasn't anti vaxxer but drew a lot of negativity to threads even when he was following the law but it's not exactly what I was thinking (and I'm aware his posting style does invite it) and has since backed away from the forum.
    Lets be honest here, Phil also didn't like the replies he was getting as they weren't what he wanted to hear. SOme of us tried to address his fear of the vaccine, but it was not the answer he wanted, as his desire for answers needed to match his own 'wants', when challenged Phil always steps away.

Page 377 of 717 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427477 ... LastLast

Thread Information