Page 378 of 717 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388428478 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Aren't conspiracy theories normally based around a modicum of fact and then expanded to fit the bill of the propounder?

I don't think anyone would have their virtual head bitten off on here for wanting to debate particular aspects of an alternative viewpoint regarding the whole Covid scenario?

I do think it must be enraging for those who have been bereaved by Covid having to tolerate Covid deniers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Hardly surprising the Digital Spy forum has now mostly gone south!
    We're angels compared to them

That politics board was a classic example of a toxic echo chamber. There were some reasonable posters. I remember a fair few on GD saying they gave up on it because of how vile it was and the sometimes strategic attacks.

I signed up maybe 10 years ago then never bothered. I returned as a watcher from 2016 for a few years as it was interesting to hear two sides of the referendum debate and a good source of links to reports covering both sides without spending life reading every newspaper on either side of the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Yeah, I was reading that this am, concerning - or maybe concerning - as the article said they were 'watching' and 'testing' to see if it could evade the immune system, how transmissible it was and if more severe.
    I think that 'variant' has already been present within our shores for quite a while now and not a sudden 'overnight' discovery.

So far it doesn't appear to have wreaked major havoc and is still under investigation.

Meanwhile, overall infections in the UK are now reported to be at their lowest levels since early September, though of course only time will tell as to how things eventually play out following Monday's lockdown easements.

However, the first two rounds of easements on the 8th and 29th of March so far haven't resulted in any major catastrophe, despite initially being feared by some.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 16-04-21 at 17:40.

Lets be honest here, Phil also didn't like the replies he was getting as they weren't what he wanted to hear. SOme of us tried to address his fear of the vaccine, but it was not the answer he wanted, as his desire for answers needed to match his own 'wants', when challenged Phil always steps away.
    Yes, and I think he does know that even if he can't find a way to change it. But it never justified the posts that stepped over the line either. I can remember some telling him he was wrong even when the law said it was fine. That should be taken up with the First Minister.

I can't blame him either for stepping away. Whilst I agree he does it because he can't get the answers he feels he needs I wouldn't put up with name calling on here if my anxiety was bad. Frustration is no longer an excuse because Admin have told us all until they must be sick of it to stop. I doubt you being called a bully did much for your mental health (and it was completely unjustified...oh and plainly b0ll0cks) unless you've got go that stage where it doesn't. I'm kinda there with that but it's still not nice either.

Lets be honest here, Phil also didn't like the replies he was getting as they weren't what he wanted to hear. SOme of us tried to address his fear of the vaccine, but it was not the answer he wanted, as his desire for answers needed to match his own 'wants', when challenged Phil always steps away.
    To be honest Phil would attract a negative response on any online forum because of his need to control responses to match his agenda, as Carys says

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yes, and I think he does know that even if he can't find a way to change it. But it never justified the posts that stepped over the line either. I can remember some telling him he was wrong even when the law said it was fine. That should be taken up with the First Minister.

I can't blame him either for stepping away. Whilst I agree he does it because he can't get the answers he feels he needs I wouldn't put up with name calling on here if my anxiety was bad. Frustration is no longer an excuse because Admin have told us all until they must be sick of it to stop. I doubt you being called a bully did much for your mental health (and it was completely unjustified...oh and plainly b0ll0cks) unless you've got go that stage where it doesn't. I'm kinda there with that but it's still not nice either.

It's such a shame that Phil hasn't got help in real life. He really needs it and shouldn't have to resort to a plethora of online sites where he is open to abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I think that 'variant' has already been present within our shores for quite a while now and not a sudden 'overnight' discovery.

So far it doesn't appear to have wreaked major havoc and is still under investigation.

Meanwhile, overall infections in the UK are now reported to be at their lowest levels since early September, though of course only time will tell as to how things eventually play out following Monday's lockdown easements.

However, the first two rounds of easements on the 8th and 29th of March so far haven't resulted in any major catastrophe, despite initially being feared by some.
    It's only natural more contact will mean more possibility of infection. But it's the pubs I most think about. In big cities it doesn't seem to work.

Hopefully we will (at worst) see increased infection rates without a knock on to hospitalisations and deaths. Doesn't help them stop it long term but at least it's worst is stopped now.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    To be honest Phil would attract a negative response on any online forum because of his need to control responses to match his agenda, as Carys says
    Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It's such a shame that Phil hasn't got help in real life. He really needs it and shouldn't have to resort to a plethora of online sites where he is open to abuse.
    Yep, I agree with you on all that. He will always paint a target on himself. The help he needs goes way beyond CBT stuff. Doing it is one of the biggest blockers we all encounter but with such entrenched thoughts a lot more is needed.

I wouldn't put up with name calling on here if my anxiety was bad
    Well, no of course not, I agree on that.

I agree that CBT won't touch him. Covid has just added to his fear of life and need to control his environment.

Page 378 of 717 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388428478 ... LastLast

Thread Information