Page 514 of 717 FirstFirst ... 14414464504512513514515516524564614 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,140 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Our state is talking about going back to the color coding rating for each of our counties as Covid rates still rise here among unvaccinated :/

I'm still feeling a bit confused by the ZOE site, especially as they have chopped and changed the way they compile their numbers for the umpteenth time today with their daily cases currently over 60k, unlike the dashboard site which says 39k today.

However, the ZOE site has always been approximately 4-5 days behind at the latest, so would today probably be representing cases for Saturday-Sunday last weekend.

Meanwhile, going by the 'Cases by specimen date' measure on the dashboard site, cases actually exceeded 60k last Thursday (15th July), but the 'Cases by date reported' measure on that same day was lower (in the 40k range IIRC), before topping 50k on Friday and Saturday, then (apart from Tuesday), suddenly dropped mysteriously!

Dashboard cases down again today.

36k today vs 39k yesterday (Thursday 22nd July) vs 51k last Friday (16th July).

ONS weekly cases still up on last week, but they're always a week behind anyway.

16 cases of the Colombian variant to be added to the mix..No big deal apparently. The 19th July variant will be more significant, I feel.

My 7 year old daughter has had a positive result after being tested yesterday. She has absolutely no symptoms and was only tested due to one of friends testing positive and her being deemed a close contact. My partner has had two vaccines, also had Covid shortly after her first dose, my oldest daughter has had one vaccine, I’ve had two vaccines plus Covid. My daughter contracted Covid at least 8 days ago, yet the other 3 of us living with her who have had a mixture of vaccination and infection have all consistently tested negative.

Make of that what you will. For me that’s quite solid evidence that immunity is a real thing.

Glad she’s ok Gary. Very interesting about the family & contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that info Gary and I'm glad your little girl feels well too.

Maybe the combination of covid plus 2 jabs makes a significant difference re resistance to reinfection? Your elder daughter's immune system must be pretty good. Is it possible that she's also had covid but it went undetected?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Thanks for that info Gary and I'm glad your little girl feels well too.

Maybe the combination of covid plus 2 jabs makes a significant difference re resistance to reinfection? Your elder daughter's immune system must be pretty good. Is it possible that she's also had covid but it went undetected?
    Oh absolutely, especially given that both me and her mother have been confirmed positive in the past. It’s been a worrying few days really. I like to think I’m quite level headed when it comes to Covid but that really goes out the window when it’s your child. She’s really fine though, like not one hint of any symptom.

Now I’m just trying to take the positives. Ironically I’m taking the positives from how negative the rest of the family have proven to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    My 7 year old daughter has had a positive result after being tested yesterday. She has absolutely no symptoms and was only tested due to one of friends testing positive and her being deemed a close contact. My partner has had two vaccines, also had Covid shortly after her first dose, my oldest daughter has had one vaccine, I’ve had two vaccines plus Covid. My daughter contracted Covid at least 8 days ago, yet the other 3 of us living with her who have had a mixture of vaccination and infection have all consistently tested negative.

Make of that what you will. For me that’s quite solid evidence that immunity is a real thing.
    Good to hear your daughter is well Gary. The lad next door to us (and reason my son had to isolate) had no symptoms either..

Looks like the Strines are now demonstrating against lockdowns...

https://www.france24.com/en/asia-pac...rupt-in-sydney

Page 514 of 717 FirstFirst ... 14414464504512513514515516524564614 ... LastLast

Thread Information