Page 571 of 717 FirstFirst ... 71471521561569570571572573581621671 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Sounds like protestors outside abortion clinics years ago.

Can't say I'm surprised, they erected a gallows outside Parliament recently.
    What? Seriously, gallows outside Parliament in this day and age, or are you having a larf Terry?

Whilst on the subject of abortion clinics and protesters in general, animal rights protesters terrorising fur traders and engaging in extremist (and sometimes terroristic) antics were a big thing some years back, but hardly ever heard of nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    What? Seriously, gallows outside Parliament in this day and age, or are you having a larf Terry?
    He's not. In particularly bad taste considering the murder of Sir David Amess last Friday, there has been an arrest over this.

~Whew~

Last week my wife was pretty sick with a upper respiratory thing. She didn't have any other COVID symptoms, just congestion headache and a cough. Typical cold symptoms. We're vaxxed but these days, you never know and she works part time in a day care watching little kids at a local gym and we all know that kids can be asymptomatic and spread it. We bought the home tests and she was negative and the cold went on its own in a few days. I got it this week and I have to say I was a bit nervous about it. It started last Sunday with a nasty headache and by Thursday, it was turning into a full blown cold, with runny nose, congestion and headache. I didn't have the cough though. I was off yesterday and pretty much felt like crap all day. I called in sick today but I'm definitely better than yesterday. I tested and fortunately, it was negative too. As careful as we are, I still feel like we dodged a bullet. I'm off tomorrow and I should be good to go by Monday.

Be careful people. Get the vax (COVID and Flu), follow the guidelines. We're not out of this yet.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    ~Whew~

Last week my wife was pretty sick with a upper respiratory thing. She didn't have any other COVID symptoms, just congestion headache and a cough. Typical cold symptoms. We're vaxxed but these days, you never know and she works part time in a day care watching little kids at a local gym and we all know that kids can be asymptomatic and spread it. We bought the home tests and she was negative and the cold went on its own in a few days. I got it this week and I have to say I was a bit nervous about it. It started last Sunday with a nasty headache and by Thursday, it was turning into a full blown cold, with runny nose, congestion and headache. I didn't have the cough though. I was off yesterday and pretty much felt like crap all day. I called in sick today but I'm definitely better than yesterday. I tested and fortunately, it was negative too. As careful as we are, I still feel like we dodged a bullet. I'm off tomorrow and I should be good to go by Monday.

Be careful people. Get the vax (COVID and Flu), follow the guidelines. We're not out of this yet.

FMP
    Too right FMP!

This current situation probably wouldn't be anywhere near as bad right now had all this silliness from the antivaxxers and non-believers not happened.

Looks like they have well and truly taken over the asylum now, and won!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery BTW.

Glad it was a false alarm, FMP...I expect we'll all have those in the coming months. Sign of the times etc.

I went to a walk in clinic and got my Pfizer booster today. I was a week "early" in terms of the 6 months "rule" but there wasn't a problem. Now just got the 2 week wait and after that I'll have done all I could in terms of vaccination.

I don’t think that’s true Lenco.
    I think the current situation is worse because we opened up everything with no real social distancing or mask requirements. We also started vaccinating older school children much later than other European countries.

There are vaccine hesitant people too, not just anti vaccination people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Glad it was a false alarm, FMP...I expect we'll all have those in the coming months. Sign of the times etc.

I went to a walk in clinic and got my Pfizer booster today. I was a week "early" in terms of the 6 months "rule" but there wasn't a problem. Now just got the 2 week wait and after that I'll have done all I could in terms of vaccination.
    We're due in December and now, with the news about any of the vaccines being beneficial as a booster, it should be easy to get it when its time.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I don’t think that’s true Lenco.
    I think the current situation is worse because we opened up everything with no real social distancing or mask requirements. We also started vaccinating older school children much later than other European countries.

There are vaccine hesitant people too, not just anti vaccination people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are correct about all the other factors you just mentioned, Scass.

Congrats to you Pulisa.

I had a text message from my practice today, giving me a link to book my booster jab.

So I typed in my NHS number (which I now remember) and date of birth, as requested.

"You are not eligible to use this service."

Thanks for that... I *assume* it's because I'm two weeks early or I'm going to be contacted via the vaccination centre, or something...

Page 571 of 717 FirstFirst ... 71471521561569570571572573581621671 ... LastLast

Thread Information