Page 291 of 717 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Do you reckon this could be a 'compliance motivation' tactic Gary? If it is, its fine by me.
    I would hope that the scientists behind such studies would be above such tactics, but to be honest nothing would surprise me these days. The last year has been utterly insane.

Honestly, Boris Johnson could stand at his podium and pull his mask off to reveal Donald Trump underneath and at this point I don’t even think I’d blink.

I seen another story bbc this time about people 31 and 36 on oxygen. I have definitely noticed an increase in scare stories. I believe I read a few weeks back the government wanted the media to film in hospitals to make people listen to the lockdown. Course this increases my anxiety my first thought is everybody is getting ill and they say today more deadly to make people worry more. They would have us believing millions are dying of COVID that’s how it feels.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I seen another story bbc this time about people 31 and 36 on oxygen. I have definitely noticed an increase in scare stories. I believe I read a few weeks back the government wanted the media to film in hospitals to make people listen to the lockdown. Course this increases my anxiety my first thought is everybody is getting ill and they say today more deadly to make people worry more. They would have us believing millions are dying of COVID that’s how it feels.
    All you need to do is have a peruse through any version you have of social media, it’s absolutely crawling with people who aren’t remotely interested in taking this seriously.

I don’t condone scaremongering, but I absolutely condone showing the reality of the situation to folk who have their head jammed up their arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    All you need to do is have a peruse through any version you have of social media, it’s absolutely crawling with people who aren’t remotely interested in taking this seriously.

I don’t condone scaremongering, but I absolutely condone showing the reality of the situation to folk who have their head jammed up their arse.
    I like to think I take covid seriously but each day it seems worse and worse more deadly I mean how worried should I be? I have spent all days reading news again and have a real fear due to what’s being said on bbc. I don’t hear them say it’s mild now just hear lots of deaths.

I like to think I take covid seriously but each day it seems worse and worse more deadly I mean how worried should I be? I have spent all days reading news again and have a real fear due to what’s being said on bbc. I don’t hear them say it’s mild now just hear lots of deaths.
    Dr Michael Osterholm, an American epidemiologist, said it best when he was talking about Covid-19.

“I’m not here to scare you out of your wits, I’m here to scare you into your wits.”

Basically, act sensibly, listen to those who know best and you’ll be in a position to not worry much at all.

Thanks.

And we could be locked down until summer do you see normality ever returning like Spanish flu passed?

Thanks.

And we could be locked down until summer do you see normality ever returning like Spanish flu passed?
    Of course I do. In one year we’ve produced multiple vaccines with up to 95% efficacy, developed life saving treatments and developed our understanding of the virus so much that we can now easily identify different strains. Imagine what we’ll be able to do this time next year.

I like to think I take covid seriously but each day it seems worse and worse more deadly I mean how worried should I be?
    If you refuse to wear a mask or get the vaccine, then you're not taking it seriously and your fear is certainly warranted. Just based on current statistics you'd probably end up Ok but are you willing to take that chance?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi Mr. Fishman 1

I am a bit confused now because there is another Fishman in the forum. That's funny

A.nyway it has been a while now. One week maybe? Actually I dont know what day today is because every day is the same for me.

I was amazed to read that your mom is 91. So I guess you are around 60 and daughter 25? I think that is too old to live at family home when both parents have health problems unless she is caring for them, which she is not. Parasite daughter.

Does she give you money for rent? Why not rent her room to a nice Chinese student. The reason I will suggest Chinese is because they have this 'feng shui' thing. I cant really explain but they often open windows to allow air to circulate, even when it is cold outside. I know because I went to a birthday party of a Chinese friend at elementary school. I think you should find a pretty Chinese girl. Then your lazy wife will have to get out of bed!

Aaw you guys are sooo horrid about Biebs. I guess you are all Barry Manilow fans. What if Biebs is lurker member in this forum?

Biebs got mad with a Selena Gomez fan on Twitter who told to send hate messages to his wife. That is worse than US President telling his fans to invade Capitol.

I don't understand why anyone likes the music of Selena Gomez. I think she is a good actress but her music sucks. Biebs was much too good for her anyway and she knew it.

Page 291 of 717 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast

Thread Information