Page 337 of 717 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347387437 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    LOL but have you been using your tracker? You get a side of stalking for free, I hear
    No way...I have my own methods for that which have been perfected over many years

LOL David Icke thinks I'm a "lizard person"...but I still haven't seen any scales. And while we're on anti-semitism, I still haven't received my shipment of space lasers :P I'm deeply disappointed.
    Queen Vee!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Queen Vee!

Your allegiance and fealty is duly noted, Terry

I'm thinking about continuing to wear a mask when I go back to school. It was nice not getting any colds this year.
    We’ve said the same at my workplace. Everyone has been healthy as can be where normally we’d pass around the same cold or flu virus for three months straight.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    We’ve said the same at my workplace. Everyone has been healthy as can be where normally we’d pass around the same cold or flu virus for three months straight.
    It's understandable given we don't need more pressure on our health systems. Schools are always bad for passing illness around.

But I wonder if longer term it would be worse?

If nothing else the last year shoukd make us reconsider or attitudes to the yearly flu. That kills lots of vulnerable people. And employment practice needs to be reviewed because they will happily push workers to come in whilst ill. Stay off with colds, have a few a year and you may find yourself into absence monitoring. Then it's a slippery slope to Capability processes which can march you out of the door.

Lenco, did you see this a few days ago?

https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/05/the-1...sing-14194827/

Staffs Moorlands in the top ten areas on the rise. I follow this area for trend on the BBC site and it's up a further 1 case post the report by Metro. The numbers involved are small so much more easily affected.

This area is experienced a bit of a stall and rise. It may just be a blip. But the number of cases is 3 times higher in my city whilst on a less impressive downward trend to the Moorlands yet we are considered less of a problem. Daft.

Good news is East Staffs is really coming down now. They are just behind us with a better downward trend (we keep stalling). Things were bad there.

Perhaps the media would like to report on my ward? It's up 100% on last week. Wow...But that's a rise of 3 to 6 cases over a week.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Lenco, did you see this a few days ago?

https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/05/the-1...sing-14194827/

Staffs Moorlands in the top ten areas on the rise. I follow this area for trend on the BBC site and it's up a further 1 case post the report by Metro. The numbers involved are small so much more easily affected.

This area is experienced a bit of a stall and rise. It may just be a blip. But the number of cases is 3 times higher in my city whilst on a less impressive downward trend to the Moorlands yet we are considered less of a problem. Daft.

Good news is East Staffs is really coming down now. They are just behind us with a better downward trend (we keep stalling). Things were bad there.

Perhaps the media would like to report on my ward? It's up 100% on last week. Wow...But that's a rise of 3 to 6 cases over a week.
    Well that's nothing really compared to what was going on both locally and nationally at the start of January.

The press are obviously getting desperate right now and yearning for the first opportunity to scream out 'THIRD WAVE IMMINENT', even just for the sake of 1 extra case in one area!!

As always it's £s and clicks they care about, not the mental health effects they're likely to have on gullible readers.

As for the recent reported 'spike' in the Staffs Moorlands area as per your link, it's a non-story compared to your city whose cases you say are still significantly higher.

So bizarre!
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 08-03-21 at 10:34.

From what I've heard of scenes outside schools today, expect to be back in lockdown by Whitsun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    From what I've heard of scenes outside schools today, expect to be back in lockdown by Whitsun.
    And the imminent third wave that the media are probably longing for?

I'm kind of dreading how things might end up playing out over the next week or two, but on the other hand we obviously can't stay shut away forever more, and the bullet has to be bitten at some point.

At least we have vaccines now which we didn't have prior to December and over 22 million have now already had their first jab, so even if overall daily cases do happen to tick up again over the coming weeks, the death rates might still be lower.

I suppose ATM it's a case of 'only time will tell'.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 08-03-21 at 13:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    We just have to hope vaccination takes that risk away. All last year anytime the schools were open my nearest school would see the usual groups of kids all walking home together. Whilst off I've seen groups hanging out.

Primary schools are easy to control. You can forget it with secondary.

Page 337 of 717 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347387437 ... LastLast

Thread Information