Page 672 of 717 FirstFirst ... 172572622662670671672673674682 ... LastLast
Results 6,711 to 6,720 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Politics aside, and for better or worse, I've noticed that the main UK news outlets haven't been making such a big deal over Covid in general over the past week or so. Even my dad seems to be far more relaxed over the situation now, despite the pandemic still actually being nowhere near over.

Yet ironically the staff at my day centre now seem to be acting overzealously (IMO) over all things Covid, and to the point of even insisting in swabbing my throat and nose themselves, instead of letting me do it myself as was previously the case, but not quite gone to the lengths of reinstating the group bubbles that were finally abolished last summer.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 25-01-22 at 19:54.

I hope that the Met don't find any evidence of party rings on the table at Boris's birthday bash..sorry, working party. That would really take the biscuit.

Who would have thought that it may come to (political) Death by Chocolate Cake?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I hope that the Met don't find any evidence of party rings on the table at Boris's birthday bash..sorry, working party. That would really take the biscuit.

Who would have thought that it may come to (political) Death by Chocolate Cake?
    My dad reckons that the plods who patrol Downing St must have been covering up for Boris at the time.

Then at the other extreme, certain Met plods gleefully go and beat up protesters (remember the Tomlinson tragedy?) and not forgetting taking the life of poor Sarah Everard last March!

A (hypocritical) law unto themselves at times. Little wonder many people in London seem to be so up themselves!

At least, for the most part, plods in this country aren't trigger-happy, unlike certain other countries in the world.

I really don't understand what's going on with Covid ATM.

Before Christmas, both the govt and the media in general were basically putting the fear of God into us over Omicron, but now all of a sudden it doesn't seem to be such a big deal.

But the downward trend in cases appears to have stalled over the past week, and today we were told that many Omicron cases have been reinfections, so Omicron is pretty much the 'second coming' of Covid, though fortunately the least lethal variant so far.

Also vaccinations appear to have fallen off a cliff since Christmas, so it looks like most people have simply stopped caring about Covid period.

The pandemic's taken a backseat to partygate. It's a huge issue despite Boris trying to deflect attention away from it. It'll take the Queen dying this week to shift attention away from him and she's going nowhere.

Perhaps the combination of Partygate (even though it is related to COVID) and Ukraine on the news has gotten people to just not care much about a virus. Still doesn't mean this pandemic is gonna be finished like that but yeah, quite jarring how the public went from "OMG OMICRON LOCK THE DOORS!!" to "meh, not that big of a deal".

Haven't heard anyone say "Get Boosted Now" either...

Quote Originally Posted by TaleOn11 View Post
    Perhaps the combination of Partygate (even though it is related to COVID) and Ukraine on the news has gotten people to just not care much about a virus. Still doesn't mean this pandemic is gonna be finished like that but yeah, quite jarring how the public went from "OMG OMICRON LOCK THE DOORS!!" to "meh, not that big of a deal".
    But I guess once this pandemic peters out, and the Partygate and Ukraine situations have finally blown over, the media and society will have no doubt moved on to the next big 'panic(s)', whatever it/they may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    But I guess once this pandemic peters out, and the Partygate and Ukraine situations have finally blown over, the media and society will have no doubt moved on to the next big 'panic(s)', whatever it/they may be.
    Is it really any wonder our brains have started working this way?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    The pandemic's taken a backseat to partygate. It's a huge issue despite Boris trying to deflect attention away from it. It'll take the Queen dying this week to shift attention away from him and she's going nowhere.
    She better not before the 3rd of June, I want my bonus bank holiday!

Page 672 of 717 FirstFirst ... 172572622662670671672673674682 ... LastLast

Thread Information