Page 665 of 717 FirstFirst ... 165565615655663664665666667675715 ... LastLast
Results 6,641 to 6,650 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

I too apologise for my earlier post. I guess I just hate politics so much that even the slightest video talking about it that appears on my recommendations for whatever reason just drains me emotionally.

It is indeed a serious issue. But it does get my anxiety going a little. Can anyone in the leadership role be trusted these days?

Quote Originally Posted by TaleOn11 View Post
    I too apologise for my earlier post. I guess I just hate politics so much that even the slightest video talking about it that appears on my recommendations for whatever reason just drains me emotionally.

It is indeed a serious issue. But it does get my anxiety going a little. Can anyone in the leadership role be trusted these days?
    Exactly my point TaleOn11. Like I just said in my previous post, it's as if almost all politicians get tarred with the same brush and stigmatised these days, regardless of which party they're from.

And the truly 'genuine' ones get discredited for these exact reasons.

The DM has recently had pictures of Sir Kier Starmer at a gathering with a drink in hand and calling him a hypocrite. However, two wrongs don't make a right. There is clearly a culture of partying with this government along with another of not following their own rules.

The cliche of 'lead by example' is nevertheless accurate. They haven't led by example, they've done as they pleased.

He can't expect to hide behind the usual vaccine rollout/Brexit smokescreen which is what he is banking on. Dominic Cummings will be his nemesis.

Maybe another bout of covid is needed to shield him for the foreseeable?

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    The DM has recently had pictures of Sir Kier Starmer at a gathering with a drink in hand and calling him a hypocrite. However, two wrongs don't make a right. There is clearly a culture of partying with this government along with another of not following their own rules.

The cliche of 'lead by example' is nevertheless accurate. They haven't led by example, they've done as they pleased.
    I wonder if those Daily Fail photos of Starmer at a gathering were actually taken during the lockdown periods between March 2020 and March 2021, or if they were just a random image that could have been shot at practically any time, but used by the Fail to play the typical 'whataboutery' game and whip up perpetual hysteria against Starmer and the Labour Party?

I can sense something rather fishy here.

Am looking forward to dirt being dished on the Omnipotent Sue Grey who will probably soon be grassed on and pictured emerging from an illegal rave at the height of lockdown 1...

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I wonder if those Daily Fail photos of Starmer at a gathering were actually taken during the lockdown periods between March 2020 and March 2021, or if they were just a random image that could have been shot at practically any time, but used by the Fail to play the typical 'whataboutery' game and whip up perpetual hysteria against Starmer and the Labour Party?

I can sense something rather fishy here.
    Both parties have had scandals on this one. Not only Starmer's, which I think was at a time of lower cases, but the conference. The Tories have all this party-gate stuff.

The government have to take the biggest kicking because they are in charge. Opposition parties are less important, it's just they can't throw the stones they like to. Being politicians they are grubby so naturally we are going to raise our eye brows. It would be better if the main opposition were cleaner and not hampered by their own issues with racism, expenses, gobs on a stick, etc. But the party in power have many issues spanning all those issues too.

Forget the media, the right wing papers will slag Starmer, the left wing ones will slag Boris. It doesn't matter if both were pure as snow, they would still find something because it's in their own interests to keep backing their own side. The media might as well be split into football supporters clubs, they are as tribal.

Sackings though please, some have to go. No doubt a reshuffle and some minor losers out. Bigger heads should be rolling though. Sadly having a weak opposition has meant they feel untouchable. Maybe the poll dips might remind them to rein it in but it's all gravy being a politician. You get sacked, you get a job on a board. It's like the failed NHS execs who just get shuffled about. We were mortals get sacked and struggle.

Sack Boris tomorrow and the day after he will just be paid millions elsewhere like other failures (Cameron, Clegg, etc). Those not in the PM position may end up in the ultimate rewarding chamber for failure, the House of Lords. Kerching.

Party-gate is like painting a massive FU on the side of Big Ben. Normal people suffered, they lived it up. Massive, massive, vote loser. Covid is already losing votes. Surely it's time for the Tories to play sleight of hand, point some fingers and get their long knives out? New PM and new front bench time. Over to Liz, maybe? Depends if Boris has lost his popular grip on the party. Previously other candidates have struggled to raise a gnat's erection when it comes to MPs backing them.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 18-01-22 at 07:21.

Yes maybe I'm being a little extreme saying 'sack the lot of them', it's just a touchy subject for me. It's not just the work thing, having a funeral and a cremation during the last lockdown was incredibly hard.

I just really feel that it's time politicians should be made accountable for their actions. I guess in an ideal world they would be, but at 54, I guess I should know by now that that isn't going to happen. I'll put my Che Guevara t-shirt and beret back in the drawer.

I reckon Boris could well be signed up for "I'm a Celeb" next November if ITV can afford him. Or The Weakest Link.

Do you remember "The Jump", Pulisa? Fingers crossed he'll be on that if they ever make another series.

Page 665 of 717 FirstFirst ... 165565615655663664665666667675715 ... LastLast

Thread Information