Page 259 of 717 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Probably because they've established the contact with the infected individual was three days prior: colleague of mine at work was contacted by T&T and told to isolate for six days.
    Ahhh right. Thanks PM

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    oops Now this is embarrassing, I should have read the rules through more carefully. Oh well at least I now know what its like for Mrs F. So were these rules changed then? I know they cut 10 days back to 7.
    Might also be the app:

https://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/article/KA-01147/en-us

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Well it has been about 10 days now since this current lockdown started so kind of makes sense that cases seem to be levelling off, and even starting to decline in some areas.

Probably still too early to tell as to whether the vaccines are having any effect as yet, but I'm sure I heard somewhere today that they have now exceeded 3 million in total.
    The BBC page added the vaccination figures:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-51768274

Same trend for all areas in my post code prefix. East Staffordshire was going up badly before the Xmas jump so they have a way to go yet despite this.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    They apparently got it from a zookeeper who was supposedly wearing a mask. I guess they had fever, malaise and mild symptoms. I haven't heard any updates since the other day.
    Hopefully not a zoo in one of those states, Vee.

Hope the gorillas are well.

Quote Originally Posted by wobblehead View Post
    Hi Terry

I was going to ask if you have home visits in Great Britain. Here in Quebec is so cold and icey that it is too dangerous for old people to go outside so we get home visits because my gran lives with us. My mom told me today that the Canadian government are deliberately not providing us with enough vaccines. Typical.
    Hiya,

Yes, we do have home visits here. It all fell to pieces in our first lockdown where GPs were advised not to have patients into surgeries. They cut off the elderly care homes and elderly housebound in the process. We even had paramedics attend instead of a GP despite them obviously not being needed (and more valuable dealing with genuine emergencies as well as being higher risk to catch covid) but they were great and told us GPs wouldn't come out for anything. They failed the elderly. The district nurses were still coming out though and they were great.

Subsequent lockdowns saw GPs unable to hide away.

We are lucky we don't have your extreme weather. My dad can still get out.

I hope your government pull their finger out. Other governments are getting criticised for the same in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Hiya,

Yes, we do have home visits here. It all fell to pieces in our first lockdown where GPs were advised not to have patients into surgeries. They cut off the elderly care homes and elderly housebound in the process. We even had paramedics attend instead of a GP despite them obviously not being needed (and more valuable dealing with genuine emergencies as well as being higher risk to catch covid) but they were great and told us GPs wouldn't come out for anything. They failed the elderly. The district nurses were still coming out though and they were great.

Subsequent lockdowns saw GPs unable to hide away.

We are lucky we don't have your extreme weather. My dad can still get out.

I hope your government pull their finger out. Other governments are getting criticised for the same in Europe.
    This was the reason we lost my mum because the GPs all hid , you couldn’t get to see them just a phone consultation, in the end an ambulance came and paramedics checked her over and took her to hospital, had she been seen by a doctor earlier she would have been given antibiotics and probably still be here , my mums older brother is now in hospital with covid , he hasn’t been well for a while and had a fall at home , since going in hospital he caught covid .
    I still hang on to the fact most people don’t get ill or if they do they get better , BBC news love to scaremonger bad news sells a lot better than good , when things pick up and they will the news channels will find some other global catastrophe to scare the shite out of us with .

Hi Terry

I was shocked about doctors in your country refusing to see sick patients
    That is truly scandalous. Who do they think they are

I am very sorry to hear about your loss Buster. I hope your uncle gets well soon. This horrid virus is really tearing families apart.

We have BBC and CNN on our tv package. When my dad is busy I sometimes watch BBC news but I would agree with Buster that they deliberately try to make us depressed. The French news from France TG1 is very much more informative and cheerful. Our Canadian news is miserable too

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    This was the reason we lost my mum because the GPs all hid , you couldn’t get to see them just a phone consultation, in the end an ambulance came and paramedics checked her over and took her to hospital, had she been seen by a doctor earlier she would have been given antibiotics and probably still be here , my mums older brother is now in hospital with covid , he hasn’t been well for a while and had a fall at home , since going in hospital he caught covid .
    I still hang on to the fact most people don’t get ill or if they do they get better , BBC news love to scaremonger bad news sells a lot better than good , when things pick up and they will the news channels will find some other global catastrophe to scare the shite out of us with .
    Really sorry to see you lost your mum Buster and hope your uncle makes a swift and full recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by wobblehead View Post
    Hi Terry

I was shocked about doctors in your country refusing to see sick patients
    That is truly scandalous. Who do they think they are

I am very sorry to hear about your loss Buster. I hope your uncle gets well soon. This horrid virus is really tearing families apart.
    Wobblehead, GP's have been in hiding over here since last March and unfortunately we have a prime minister who says he is guided by the science, but chooses to ignore it for a few weeks time again until it's to late.
    He's a bumbling buffoon!!!

Page 259 of 717 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast

Thread Information