Page 53 of 717 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post

Look, wearing them sucks. Its harder to breath and not exactly comfortable but it's not a political issue. Its common sense, decency and respect for one another.

Positive thoughts
    I don't like wearing them and don't believe they do much to help, but I would respect wishes of others if I worked in a closed environment. I wouldn't wear one outside.

Onwards, Fish! And May the Force be with you

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    You are, if anything, predictable!

China's contribution to the WHO is tiny and in keeping with an insular communist regime. Both the B&M Gates Foundation and GAVI Alliance (another Gates funded entity pushing vaccines on the developing world) contribute as much as the US. Funding could easily be increased to cover that of the US but Trump is both mercurial as well as narcissistic and his posturing on the world stage today has little bearing on how it will be in the future. Furthermore, there is a US election this year and events could easily change, especially in the current climate of riots.

The rest of your post is just an angry diatribe on how events cannot possibly be any different to how you perceive them.

I personally think your consistent obfuscation, rationalisation and evasion of major conflicts of interest reflects a total lack of critical thinking which you frequently like to "bang on" about.

Feel free to ignore such "nonsense" in future
    The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation would need to come up with a cool $900 million to fill the void left by the US, on top of their almost $600 million contributions and the $100 million that is apparently the driving force behind the WHO’s big change of heart. That’s a funny way to make money.

The WHO basically failed early on with this virus and it’s actually a bit strange that they didn’t sound the alarm earlier. It took one month after acknowledging the virus to admit there was evidence of human to human transmission. So, either China withheld that info, or the WHO simply didn’t put it out.

If China withheld the info, why aren’t the WHO saying so? That would be a perfect way to create alarm and a scapegoat wouldn’t it? If the WHO decided not to put it out, again, that goes against the idea of them exaggerating it. If they changed their whole position over a poxy $100 million, all while protecting China, who’s contribution is, as you say “tiny”, and all at the risk of losing their biggest contributors in the US, I have to say that’s one of the worst conspiracies I’ve ever heard.

You personally are against vaccination so forgive me if I think there might be a little bit of confirmation bias acting on your part here.

And, as ever, you still haven’t answered my original question, which was a fairly simple one but for some reason it’s spawned all kinds of stories and theories without you even attempting to explain the original premise. Sound familiar? Hollows original premise of a fake virus is still just as stupid as when he first said it. There hasn’t even been an attempt to explain that one, but by Jove there’s been some fanciful stories formed from that premise.

You’re both trying to build mansions on top of foundations that aren’t even in place. How do you fake a virus, and how do you create a global conspiracy that apparently doesn’t involve the most powerful nation on earth, amongst many others?

And please try to answer the questions rather than deflecting, going off on a tangent and posting a shaking head emoji.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    The US ended it's association with the WHO, since when? I hope you're not taking what Trump says seriously. This is the same guy who talked about disbanding NATO. There is a election coming up so Trump is galvanising his base by targeting WHO and China. When you start thinking beyond the daily theatrics of world politics then you might just start figuring things out.
    Didn’t you say when posting your videos that just because he says something you disagree with you don’t judge everything he says the same?

But it’s ok for you to use trumps threats of disbanding NATO and applying it across the board?

Just one more example of “you can’t do that but I sure can.”

Well, from 15 June facemasks will be compulsory on public transport in England, backed up by fines according to Grant Shapps or whatever he's calling himself this week. Young children will be exempt.

I can see that working out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Well, from 15 June facemasks will be compulsory on public transport in England, backed up by fines according to Grant Shapps or whatever he's calling himself this week. Young children will be exempt.

Well I'm completely fine with that, though I won't necessarily be rushing to use public transport in the near future, especially as there is a new-ish Co-op store round the corner from us, and we are only approximately half a mile out of our town centre, so well within walking distance of all necessary amenities. But if the govt subsequently decide to 'up the ante' and insist that face masks are worn in shops, etc, then I'll just go ahead and follow the rules.

BTW, today's CV deaths are 176 (quite a significant drop compared to yesterday and Tuesday), and new confirmed cases 1,805, not a massive drop compared to yesterday but bearing in mind that today's test count is the highest ever recorded so far, today's stats are still quite reassuring (whilst still tragic), especially considering the daily new case count had brushed with the 6, 000s on three separate occasions in April and also earlier in May.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post

Has the virus been told to behave and lie low until June 15th?

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    I don't like wearing them and don't believe they do much to help, but I would respect wishes of others if I worked in a closed environment. I wouldn't wear one outside.
    Whoa hang on, why wear a mask at all, inside or outside, if there's no virus?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Has the virus been told to behave and lie low until June 15th?

That was pretty much the response on social media!

How does that date tie in with "Get back to work, plebs" from HMG? What crackpot scheme have they got set for that date?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Well I'm completely fine with that, though I won't necessarily be rushing to use public transport in the near future, especially as there is a new-ish Co-op store round the corner from us, and we are only approximately half a mile out of our town centre, so well within walking distance of all necessary amenities. But if the govt subsequently decide to 'up the ante' and insist that face masks are worn in shops, etc, then I'll just go ahead and follow the rules.
    When I was at the butchers yesterday there was a sign (next to the hand sanitising station outdoors) asking you to wear a mask if possible. I had received an e-mail from my GP advising me to do this by the 1st of June and it does seem to be a general guideline for the public anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    BTW, today's CV deaths are 176 (quite a significant drop compared to yesterday and Tuesday), and new confirmed cases 1,805, not a massive drop compared to yesterday but bearing in mind that today's test count is the highest ever recorded so far, today's stats are still quite reassuring (whilst still tragic), especially considering the daily new case count had brushed with the 6, 000s on three separate occasions in April and also earlier in May.
    The trouble is, the method of counting has changed so often now it has eroded any trust I might have in the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Whoa hang on, why wear a mask at all, inside or outside, if there's no virus?
    In fairness, KK has never said the virus doesn’t exist.

Page 53 of 717 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast

Thread Information