Page 408 of 717 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Funny that cases not rising cases actually fallen despite the Indian variant explain that?. I have been reading your doom for weeks and seen you call for another lockdown. This forum is absolutely full of garbage.
    A few days ago you posted this;

It’s a bleak situation. Areas in lockdown some of scotland remaining level 3. Happens every time all despite cases being very low and no increase. Last time this happened cases were rising but not this time. Time to cancel 2021 and write it off and hope 2022 is better?

Stop being a hypocrite, Phil.

Also, stop telling everyone that you avoid this forum. I genuinely don’t think anyone cares or notices that much.

Thank you Carys, Scass, FMP and FM65 for your reassuring words and to others on here in advance, should you decide to post on behalf of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Also, stop telling everyone that you avoid this forum.
    Post history proves otherwise anyway

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    This forum is nothing more than a cult for a select few members these days. Take your jab wear your mask.
    Oh well, that post has proven something I've suspected for a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Thank you Carys, Scass, FMP and FM65 for your reassuring words and to others on here in advance, should you decide to post on behalf of me.
    You're a top bloke Lenco, I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it again here. Try not to doubt yourself (says one of the biggest 'Doubting Thomases' on the planet)

Anyway, back to the thread. Lenco when you say the average has reduced despite the Indian variant is it the dates? I ask because the BBC average is always a week behind and won't include the recent spike.

Edit: the dashboard is reflected in the BBC chart but it's the search tool where they are behind. However you might find it takes a few days to push the average up. It will probably level out first despite individual days increasing
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 18-05-21 at 22:40.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Anyway, back to the thread. Lenco when you say the average has reduced despite the Indian variant is it the dates? I ask because the BBC average is always a week behind and won't include the recent spike.

Edit: the dashboard is reflected in the BBC chart but it's the search tool where they are behind. However you might find it takes a few days to push the average up. It will probably level out first despite individual days increasing
    From HMG's website;

Revision to historical case data in England. The introduction of a new system disrupted the removal of cases where a positive rapid lateral flow test (LFD) was followed by all negative laboratory (PCR) tests taken within 3 days. Therefore 4,776 additional cases have been removed today. Regions and local authorities do not show the actual number of new cases reported. UK and England numbers of newly reported cases have been adjusted and correctly reflect new cases reported.

The Hubster and I made the most of Uncle Bozzer opening the cinemas and restaurants back up on Monday.

Anyhoo, we had a meal 'out' and I wasn't shivering my @rse off or asking for extra blankets. (technically it's the 'scared' emoji but this is meant to be me dithering in the cold/mild/anything under 21 degrees)

Then I dragged him into to watch Grease where I had to sit with my glasses perched on the end of my nose (stern librarian style) so that I could breathe through my mask and see John Travolta without steaming up!

I can vouch for the sanitisation skills of Vue staff who were constantly wiping rails etc down. I felt safe, and enjoyed being able to do those things again - even if I did have to 'hit the pit' as soon as I got home due to fibro being an @rsehole!

Also, I first saw Grease in 1978 and we had to queue for FOUR HOURS! Straight in this time. Yay!

£3.49 for a packet of Maltesers though? I had to nip outside and check it said 'Vue' and not Dick Turpin's!!

However, I am watching what's happening with this Indian variant and hoping that things can be controlled without the need to slam on the brakes locally again...

It was briefly mentioned this morning on the BBC's live Covid page that either cases or the spread of the Indian variant (can't remember exactly) might now be starting to show signs of 'flattening out', according to Neil Ferguson.

The Indian variant is now the dominant variant in my London borough which is quite depressing. Cases still very low though.

I’ve also had a message that my 2nd jab has been cancelled and needs to be rearranged, but when I logged on to the nhs site it is still showing as current. I don’t think it’s a scam text though as it mentions my vaccination site.

Also I feel really guilty as someone invited my daughter to the cinema on Friday and I said she couldn’t go. I just don’t feel comfortable with it (although now I’ve read Nora’s post I feel a bit differently). However the girl has now asked my daughters best friend and so my daughter is upset. I know we are supposed to come out of lockdown at our own pace, but I’m wondering if my pace is a little slow!

Not even sure this is the right covid thread, I just needed to brain dump.

Hope you’re ok Lenco. Don’t take those words personally. Phil was rude and unnecessary.

Terry did you manage to even get your vaccine yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 408 of 717 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508 ... LastLast

Thread Information