Page 34 of 717 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134534 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

No I don't think you could handle it. It's not for lightweights.

Said the lightweight from 10,000 miles away.

A boxer huh? That explains a lot too many blows to the head!

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    The Palestinians are not an innocent lot by any stretch. And giving up the Golan Heights is suicide and Israel knows it. You gotta give it to the president on this one Vee. As you say he isn't very eloquent but Israel has never had a better friend in a US President. 5 previous president's have promised to move the US Embassy to Jerusalem. Only one has done it.

N.
    Frankly, I'm torn over the move of the Embassy. One one hand, its a great move to acknowledge Israel's sovereignty, and as you say, a long time coming. On the other hand, it doesn't help the road to peace talks. And Jerusalem is home to three major world religions. Sometimes I wonder if it should just remain neutral. Only time is going to tell on this one.

But I'll tell you what I don't appreciate. I don't appreciate being called "disloyal" and "unintelligent" by Trump because I choose not to blindly agree with everything he says and does.

And don't forget Jesus was a Jew.
    What is this supposed to mean to me?

I don't want to alarm anyone with what I'm saying, but this very much resembles World War II, where people started turning to radicals in the wake of the Great Depression and the Spanish Flu. I fear we're reliving history now; this will not end peacefully.

Good info on Google funding Fullfacts. Twitter is starting to "fact check" the president. And who are they using to do so? Drum roll please...CNN and The Washington Post! Heeheehee! hahaha! Oh oh! You're Killin me! Ho ho ho! Ahhhhh! Heehee! That's a good one! Hahahaha! Ha!
    Fullfacts.org doesn't even use humans to "fact check". It's a computer software using algorithms so they probably just feed it a bunch of mainstream sources and it gives you results based on that. I reckon most of these "fact checking" sites work in the same way.

FullFact is not to be trusted but a video posted on YouTube by someone with 3 videos posted in total is to be seen as credible? C'mon...

Not forgetting the RAIR one before it which has now been seen as lacking credibility due to their anti Islamic status.

What about the actual report that politician has chosen to misquote? Is that also not credible? If so neither is the politician quoting it

Maybe Donald could have “fact checked” these sites back in February when he was telling everyone that this virus would disappear like magic. He could have checked it further still when asking skilled medics if they could kill coronavirus by swallowing the sun and drinking cleaning agents.

Course he didn’t say it, it’s the left putting words in his mouth. Haha tee hee and all that.

I'm sure President Trump isn't the only person in power to initially down play the virus before we all knew what was going on, but of course, he will be the only one singled out bc he IS Donald Trump and because this IS the US. Had he said Oh. My. God. Everyone freakin panic! All the anti-Trumpers would have a case of the red a$$ over that too.

I can tell there are alot of good people on this site. Who have helped my anxiety alot by talking to them. Which is what this site was intended for or so I thought but I'm sick to death of having to wade through post after post of how Trump supporters are stupid, trash, and white supremacists...some of this coming from people who may have never even stepped foot in this country.

You don't know ME and what I stand for and you don't know the mass of Trump supporters...Even the anti-Trumpers from the US on this site don't know me...How judgemental of you to make an assumption based on television media That's such a shame. I would never blindly following ANYONE.

I started to say no disrespect, but none of the posts about Trump supporters (a group that happens to include me) starts that way. I don't get that extended to ME so...

I could've been very upfront about some of my views and opinions about my country versus other countries but I am not here for that.(oh yes I have them!! I'm that annoying American who is very proud to be one and who will never apologize for it!!!) I am here to communicate with others who have the same issues I have in hopes of it helping me or helping them. That's all. As human beings in a time of need. Not finger pointing and trash talk in an open forum.

I would love to read an anti-anxiety post about covid 19 without having the US or the US President bashed in every other one. People need to get a life and pay attention to something else for a minute. Like this virus which happens NOT to be Donald Trump's fault believe it or not Good Lord people. Come on now. Y'all have beat a dead horse. Move on. It's getting old. OR join a political forum. It's that simple.

I'm sorry I can't chime in on politics of other countries. I don't pay attention to be honest. I mind my own business right here in the US. It amuses me that other countries are so interested in us and our politics. I wonder why this is? You sure don't hear much here on the street about world leaders of other countries and from what I HAVE read several have their own issues you could be discussing. Talking about the pot calling the kettle black...

There's people on here posting how their country is so great for how they're handling the shut down compared to the idiots in the US etc etc. Or ohhh so glad we don't live there. You damn right. Me too. We don't need anymore whiners here than we have amassed in recent years.

Thank you to all of the people who conversed with me through this site about issues about anxiety. Especially health anxiety and just day to day life. I enjoyed learning new things about other places and people.

I'm just sick of the negative. I have scrolled through post after post...being nice in replies ignoring the most ignorant I know there's negative everywhere but Lord Jesus I've never seen so many people who have never even met some of a group be so judgemental about them. I have always been led by the media to believe that people from some of these other countries I'm speaking of are nice, more civilized, and less brash than us. Guess I was misled about that as well?

Thank you to the administrators of the site. I would personally consider cutting down on the politics if users are going to be so rude, however. This can cause anxiety too.

Good luck to all y'all. Over it.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by whome View Post
    Which is what this site was intended for or so I thought but I'm sick to death of having to wade through post after post of how Trump supporters are stupid, trash, and white supremacists...some of this coming from people who may have never even stepped foot in this country.

You don't know ME and what I stand for and you don't know the mass of Trump supporters...Even the anti-Trumpers from the US on this site don't know me...How judgemental of you to make an assumption based on television media That's such a shame. I would never blindly following ANYONE.

I started to say no disrespect, but none of the posts about Trump supporters (a group that happens to include me) starts that way. I don't get that extended to ME so...

I could've been very upfront about some of my views and opinions about my country versus other countries but I am not here for that.(oh yes I have them!! I'm that annoying American who is very proud to be one and who will never apologize for it!!!) I am here to communicate with others who have the same issues I have in hopes of it helping me or helping them. That's all. As human beings in a time of need. Not finger pointing and trash talk in an open forum.
    Hey Whome,

I just wanted to say that although I'm not a Trump supporter, I hope that I have not made you feel unwelcome here. I agree that generalizations made about any group, even political groups, are not cool. All they do is serve to further divide us. I am sorry if I've said something that has offended you.

In fact, that's one of my big complaints about Trump, is the generalizations he makes about groups of people. When I do complain about Trump, it's not a personal attack on anyone but him. Sometimes I do say things to rile Noivous because I do like to tease him.

But I will warn you, the "miscellaneous" section, in which most of the COVID threads are located, have always been the home of political threads on this site. Any other sections of the forum, you will always find the talk limited to anxiety issues. But in miscellaneous, you can get any thing from politics to music to whatever new invention WiredIncorrectly has made during his all-nighter. My advice is that if the politics are stressing you out, make sure you stay out of the miscellaneous section. In all fairness, just as you have been seeing a lot of anti-Trump posts right now, during the last election, there were a lot of anti-Clinton threads and posts. It all comes around in cycles.

The other thing is unfortunately, the COVID issue and response has become politicized. Especially here in the United States. Anti-Trumpers and Democrats are hoping the Trump response to the COVID and the slowing of the economy will prevent him from getting elected. Pro-Trumpers and Republicans are trying to get the economy restarted as fast as possible so that Trump will be re-elected. It's an election year, and I only see things getting uglier from here on out. Because of this, I don't think you're going to see many COVID discussions that also don't involve politics.

TC,
    Vee

Page 34 of 717 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134534 ... LastLast

Thread Information