Page 271 of 717 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    For God's sake Phil, no-one will ever force you to take the vaccine - can you not see this? But the more people that have the vaccine, the fewer places the virus has to go and the greater chance there is of it subsiding to a level in the community where it presents little risk to those most at risk of it. Chances are the vaccine will become subject to the same rules for administration as the flu vaccine is now - where you pay for it or it is only given to vulnerable groups.
    Thank you yes I tend to agree but there is lots of a scare mongering out there. I read they might give the flu and covid vaccine at the same time next year. I admit I spend lots of time arguing on forums about this and some people believe everybody will be jabbed every year which would be expensive they are paying doctors a fortune already. I just wish our government were more clear about this. They say everybody will be offered a dose by June but they don’t say what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    My father had a heart attack in 2016 and now has to take 12 pills a day to live a life even close to “normal”. There are people who need intense psychotherapy for years in order to be able to leave their house. There are people who need to be fed through a tube just to keep them alive. There are people who’s lungs don’t function and they’re literally fed air via a machine.

Normal? What even is normal? Normal to you is an absolute luxury to many others. A thin needle in your arm once every 12 months is nothing, absolutely nothing, compared to the invasive and, frankly, horrific procedures that millions of people go through worldwide every single day just to even get close to “normal.”

It’s probably not the type of words anyone on an anxiety forum should use, but seriously, grow a pair. Stop looking at what you don’t have and start looking at what you do have. I honestly cannot sympathise with anyone who would rather not live than have a needle put in a their arm every so often. There’s no logic to any of this, Phil, it genuinely does just boil down to you starting to put healthier thoughts in that head of yours.
    People do have a genuine needle fear or other reasons. You can’t say it’s not true there is a link here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_of_needles and yes if we all “grew a pair” maybe be would be all anxiety free and not posting here?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Thank you yes I tend to agree but there is lots of a scare mongering out there. I read they might give the flu and covid vaccine at the same time next year. I admit I spend lots of time arguing on forums about this and some people believe everybody will be jabbed every year which would be expensive they are paying doctors a fortune already. I just wish our government were more clear about this. They say everybody will be offered a dose by June but they don’t say what happens next.
    I doubt that our current government would fund a wholesale annual vaccination programme, even given how cheap the OAZ vaccine is. The drive NOW is to get as many immunised as possible on the basis we can then see how it affects not just outcomes, but transmission too. Then that can hopefully provide data on how to progress in the future.

The scare-mongering seems to be coming from papers like the Daily Mail which thrives on precisely this sort of thing. My advice to you is to stop reading it - you'll be all the better for it.

There's enough beef on this thread to set up our own abattoir

Yes that’s a fair point I admit I read the Daily Mail around ten clicks per day so these stories come up but also Financial Times popped up too with that so I think the whole media are to blame.

Yes that’s a fair point I admit I read the Daily Mail around ten clicks per day so these stories come up but also Financial Times popped up too with that so I think the whole media are to blame.
    In this climate especially, fear sells, Phil. Resist it.

Well the thing is Phil, we don't understand exactly what your fear is... Is it a fear of needles? Is it a fear of loss of control? Both? You've never really specified.

Secondly, if what you watch/read of the news is triggering your fears, whatever they are, why do you continue to engage in that?

Last, maybe if you narrowed down what you're actually afraid of, you could start a thread more conducive to discussing that specific fear...because if it's just a fear of a lifestyle change, no one here seems particularly sympathetic to that when there are so many more people out there suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Well the thing is Phil, we don't understand exactly what your fear is... Is it a fear of needles? Is it a fear of loss of control? Both? You've never really specified.

Secondly, if what you watch/read of the news is triggering your fears, whatever they are, why do you continue to engage in that?

Last, maybe if you narrowed down what you're actually afraid of, you could start a thread more conducive to discussing that specific fear...because if it's just a fear of a lifestyle change, no one here seems particularly sympathetic to that when there are so many more people out there suffering.
    I just see the same as the big threads on the GAD board. Rigidity.

Sadly this is an environmental factor and as such we have to learn how to cope with it. Whether it's fear of needles, going to a centre with people around, agoraphobia, etc at some point we are going to be faced with a choice to face that fear or put up with the consequences. The consequences may be greater illness, infecting others or enforced reductions in our lifestyle.

We have a choice. It sounds like some of us will be doing the heavy lifting for others due to a variety of reasons. We have to hope it's enough so that a mandatory route is never needed and if phil faced his fear he could not only raise his chances of keeping the lifestyle he seems to need but also help the population and maybe his mental health in the process.

As far as business goes they already deal with. Laws van be changed if it saves us. We don't want some anti vaxxer nurse running around like some Angel of Death. They don't seem to understand that rebelling limits the options the authorities have and they can't keep risking others for the sake of an individual's stubbornness masquerading as their civil rights.

As far as history goes I would think you would find it much harder, phil, to point to a time when society wasn't at least 2 tiered Disease did that in history; we had lepper colonies and asylums. By birth you were automatically assigned your place in life; privilege or serf.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 17-01-21 at 22:01.

People do have a genuine needle fear or other reasons. You can’t say it’s not true there is a link here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_of_needles and yes if we all “grew a pair” maybe be would be all anxiety free and not posting here?
    That’s the thing though isn’t it? Do you have a fear of needles? You’ve never said. As far as I’ve ever read from you you’re just complaining about having to do something that’s mildly inconvenient to you.

Even if you do have a fear of needles, one would expect you to work on that if it does indeed benefit others.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Its the extra head from the vaccine though Buster, I'm happy with just one. I'd have to buy myself another woolly hat. .
    Aha, so it's not Bill Gates after all.

Just imagine how Ladies Day at the races would change.

Page 271 of 717 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast

Thread Information