Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Happy Forum 1st Birthday, Lencoboy!
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Interesting. It was something like 58 out of 355 seeing an increase so 1 in 7. So perhaps a case of media misuse of information again because the tone of the article was that things were getting bad again.

On the BBC graph Tuesday doesn't look at an abnormal spike so unclear about the impact of the weekend. Still I nice downward trend though.

Hungary's top medical bod has announced they are going to space out 1st doses to follow a similar strategy to ours. Our scientists took a lot of flack over that from politicians and doctors but it seems they were right to do this. A case of having to act rather than sit back and wait for more studies.

Happy first birthday How time flies. One minute you've only got 10 on your post count and before we know it you're all grown up and a senior.
    Perhaps certain publications are trying to big it up again, either (wrongly) to make money and gain clicks, or (rightly) to urge the public still not to drop their guard just yet.

The BBC post code search now includes 1st vaccinations administered. It's good to get a feel for progress at a more local level.

An interesting study revealing how important our weight is in all this. It's something we already know but seeing the numbers tells us how we entered this pandemic in worse shape than we could have and how important it is to keep funding extra medical care since we might need more than if our levels of weight, as a population, might be lower:

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/20...edium=referral

Aside from forcing us all to eat a certain way it's going to take a big shift in our thinking and how we live life to change this. But then we already know of much worse we can suffer than this virus.

I bet it's interesting for health authorities to plan against future pandemics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Perhaps certain publications are trying to big it up again, either (wrongly) to make money and gain clicks, or (rightly) to urge the public still not to drop their guard just yet.
    Van Tam recently spoke about not letting our defences down because they were seeing rises again. Maybe come off the back of that?

I saw an interesting clip of a plane fuselage being transported into Bristol today. Crowds gathered to watch it. Police on site and no official statements reminding people crowds are not acceptable right now.

One minute we hear someone gets jumped in by the police (like the guy having a quick smoke in his car outside his house) and the next minute the police do nothing about crowds.

I'm becoming more anxious and depressed about the whole "Great Reset" thing people are going on about. I really hope it's not true. :(

Quote Originally Posted by TaleOn11 View Post
    I'm becoming more anxious and depressed about the whole "Great Reset" thing people are going on about. I really hope it's not true. :(
    It isn’t. Full stop.

People are saying loads of things right now, but many of those things are often far from gospel!!

BTW, my day centre has started doling out Covid tests on us clients this week, and I jumped at the chance straight off.

I tested negative. Hurrah!!

Please don't get sucked in by this type of subject matter? It's guaranteed to cause you anxiety and distress. Protect your own mental health and be selective with what you choose to read online?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    The BBC post code search now includes 1st vaccinations administered. It's good to get a feel for progress at a more local level.
    I had another look at this today to see how the NHS are doing in my city. It turns out they have given a first vaccination to 31.7% of us so far.

Page 335 of 717 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385435 ... LastLast

Thread Information