Page 80 of 717 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180580 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Is Don still taking hydroxychloroquine, N? That story has went awful quiet around these parts?
    The FDA revoked the emergency use authorization a couple of weeks ago. There's just not enough evidence to support using it as a therapeutic for COVID. On the positive side, it seems steroids and remdesivir are showing "some" benefits by shortening recovery times by several days. The reality is they're still shooting at the sky hoping to hit something.

Realistically, based on previous vaccine development, testing and manufacturing, it will be Spring or Summer of 2021 before we see widespread vaccinations available. Like it or not, we're in this for the long haul. Practice common sense, follow the guidelines, wear a mask in public, social distance, wash your hands and show respect and common decency to one another.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Ah! The emergency use but not as a prevention. The study that CNN showed said if it's taken earlier there is a sizable difference in deaths between those who take it and those that don't.

The only reason that the media flipped out over hydroxychloroquine is because Trump suggested it as possibly being helpful.

I sure hope Trump doesn't say chemotherapy helps people beat cancer!😳

Tweety said if we test less, there wouldn't be as many cases or deaths. By that logic, if I didn't weigh myself, I wouldn't have gained any weight sitting around during lockdown

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Ah! The emergency use but not as a prevention. The study that CNN showed said if it's taken earlier there is a sizable difference in deaths between those who take it and those that don't.

The only reason that the media flipped out over hydroxychloroquine is because Trump suggested it as possibly being helpful.

I sure hope Trump doesn't say chemotherapy helps people beat cancer!😳
    It just goes to show how much your opinion of something changes when Donald Trump endorses it. A few days ago you were going on about omeprazole being dangerous after it took decades to show adverse effects, yet you’re now championing a drug that’s shown large adverse effects in a matter of months worth of testing.

Basing your scientific education on anything Donald Trump says is like getting a road sweeper to give you root canal treatment.

Basing your scientific education on anything Donald Trump says is like getting a road sweeper to give you root canal treatment.
    OMG! That was brilliant! I'm SO using that!

Positive thoughts

is like getting a road sweeper to give you root canal treatment.
    Trig maybe?

Visited Woburn Safari Park today with Mrs F. We thought it would be a suitable venue as the bulk of it requires you to be in your car. That said I did take a wander looking for ice creams and was very disappointed with the dearth of face masks, I'd say 5% of people at best. While this was outside, the message on face masks is not getting through.

The new lion cubs were really cute though, born this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Trig maybe?

Visited Woburn Safari Park today with Mrs F. We thought it would be a suitable venue as the bulk of it requires you to be in your car. That said I did take a wander looking for ice creams and was very disappointed with the dearth of face masks, I'd say 5% of people at best. While this was outside, the message on face masks is not getting through.

The new lion cubs were really cute though, born this spring.
    I don't mean to sound funny in any way Fishman, but I thought face masks/
    coverings were only (absolutely) compulsory on public transport here in England ATM, and just advisory in indoor public environments.

On the other extreme, I've seen people wearing such things in totally unwarranted situations, such as driving around in their own cars with the windows completely wound up, and my immediate thought was 'what the hell'!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I don't mean to sound funny in any way Fishman, but I thought face masks/
    coverings were only (absolutely) compulsory on public transport here in England ATM, and just advisory in indoor public environments.

On the other extreme, I've seen people wearing such things in totally unwarranted situations, such as driving around in their own cars with the windows completely wound up, and my immediate thought was 'what the hell'!!
    The thing is, many weren't social distancing either. But with that being officially dropped to 1 metre now, what I saw today was basically pre-virus behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Thanks for all the good wishes. Can report back that the restaurant was brilliant, it was actually the last place we went to before lockdown and they'd been very good on hygiene then, which inspired me. The food was brilliant (yay Korean BBQ) and I'm feeling so restored even if town itself was a bit anxiety-provoking. The world is still wonderful place, people.
    Korean BBQ sounds like something I need to try. Glad you had a good time, and I love that you said it restored you - that’s such a good outlook to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me give one example of the utter devastation that the lockout can cause. I've been volunteering in the field of addiction for many years. I do not get paid and I am not professional. I'm just a guy with a lot of experience. I ran into a friend of mine last week he is the owner of two sober living facilities...mostly opiate users. As a matter of fact he's the brother of a pretty famous actor here in the states. Anyway, I asked him how he was doing and he said 75% of the guests have relapsed because of the lockdown with two overdose deaths. The number one requirement of these sober houses is the guests have to be working full-time. He said just about every one of them lost their jobs while simultaneously getting a $1,000 a week check just to sit around. That is a recipe for disaster. When addicts have extended time in recovery and pick up again that is the most vulnerable time for them overdosing. As I said that is just one example of the disastrous ramifications that the lockdown can have. Not to mention that actively using addicts don't adhere to many covid safety precautions.

N.

Page 80 of 717 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180580 ... LastLast

Thread Information